Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Smart meter readings issues

Options
  • 07-12-2022 2:17pm
    Registered Users Posts: 460 ✭✭

The ESB have recently launched their website app for electricity usage for those with smart meters. It shows a graph for both electricity used and electricity exported every half hour. There is also a spreadsheet that can be downloaded again showing half hourly usage. Energia who are my suppliers also had a graph to show half hourly usage wit different colurs for the different tariffs. But when I pointed out some errors they changed it so that it only shows total usage wiht no half hourly breakdown. However they have a spreadsheet you can download showing the half hourly usages.

BUT...

Both spreadhseets show different figures for the same time periods regardless of what day I compare. So either the ESB data is wrong (which apparently is what they get from my smart meter and send to Energia) or Energia is using some other data to calculate my electricity usage. I have emailed both and they are apparently looking into it. Just wondering if anybody else has compared their suppliers reckoning of usage with the usage shown on the ESB Networks website. And are they the same?

Thanks

Comments

Advertisement