Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Liverpool FC Team Talk, Gossip, Rumours 2024/25

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,811 ✭✭✭Ottoman_1000

I was the same, he would actually transform our midfield entirely and still only 19!!! City with him and KbB next year would be insane....I hope he goes to Real!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,899 ✭✭✭Girly Gal

It would be astonishing if Bellingham ends up at Liverpool now, I'm afraid our chances of signing Bellingham are slim to none, City or Real are his likely destinations. We really should have tested Dortmund with a big offer in the last year, when we still had some chance of signing him and could probably still afford him. It was always likely that his fee was going to sky rocket after the world cup. Unless he really, really, really wants to play for us ( which he might) then I can't see us getting him.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,306 ✭✭✭Widdensushi

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,400 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

By all accounts we did try sign him last summer but Dortmund were firm 9n not losing both Haaland and Bellingham in the one window.

Money is not going to be the only consideration, a lot will depend on where the player wants to play ball.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,308 ✭✭✭✭citytillidie

February fixture updates

Monday night Merseyside derby game

Monday 13 February

20:00 Liverpool v Everton (Sky Sports)

Saturday 18 February

17:30 Newcastle v Liverpool (Sky Sports)

Saturday 25 February

19:45 Crystal Palace v Liverpool (Sky Sports)*^

*Subject to playing in EFL Cup final

^If Liverpool are not in EFL fifth round and if AFC Bournemouth or Man City progress to EFL Cup final, this match will move to 17:30 and remain on Sky Sports

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,133 ✭✭✭✭Fitz*

Liverpool did a lot of work behind the scenes with Jude's dad and brother Joel also. Joel was rumoured to be signing once he turned 17 but it doesn't seem to have developed since. The club really want Jude, they are making it obvious. He really could be a game changer of a signing IMO.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 60,941 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

Here is the squad going to Dubai..

Good to see Jota & Arthur are in it as they are the last two out injured after it was reported Naby & Diaz are now fit.

Young Gordon in as well so hopefully he is over his injury as well.

Nunez will join the squad next week.

Adrian, Kelleher, Davies, Mrozek, Pitaluga, Salah, Milner, Oxlade-Chamberlain, Jones, Elliott, Tsimikas, Ramsay, Robertson, Carvalho, Bajcetic, Phillips, Gordon, Keita, Matip, Gomez, Jota, Arthur, Diaz, Thiago, Firmino, Chambers, Quansah, Clark, Frauendorf, Stewart, Doak, Cain, Corness.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,724 ✭✭✭Cartman78

Weird to see Lovren wearing the captains armband and also managing to look like a semi competent defender.

Taki up first 😬

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,746 ✭✭✭giveitholly

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,652 ✭✭✭theoneeyedman

England's captain and leader shows great leadership to score tonight, and Harry Kane scores too.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,652 ✭✭✭theoneeyedman

Taki has had a poor enough competition overall. Has been a bit part player all through.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,072 ✭✭✭✭~Rebel~

Aside from today he was decent when he was on the field, just wasn't on the field too much. Was instrumental in their win over Germany though.

• Registered Users Posts: 976 ✭✭✭AdrianG08

Any word on when the league game against Wolves will be rescheduled? Was to be our first game in 5 years and typical it was called off the day before!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,302 ✭✭✭✭rob316

I cant remember a player which such hype around him as Bellingham. Its between City and Liverpool and we all know there is only one winner there. Klopp factor might swing it but they will be willing to pay much higher wages. Are we going to break our wage structure for a 19 year old? 250k would be the absolute minimum wages for him. If we do finish Top 4 I hope the club do push the boat out for him, hes worth it but the midfield needs more than just Jude.

You have a short memory, Dele Alli came back from the 2018 WC lauded as one of the best and brightest young players in world football, many Liverpool fans were very disappointed that the club missed out on signing him when he joined Spurs.

MC have Grealish and Philips, they are unlikely to spend another 100m+ on a young player without first finding a buyer for at least one of those. And I don’t see money as being the only consideration for JB, or BVB. It is going to come down to where the kid wants to play ball, not who will pay the most, if he wants to play for LFC, like Halland, he will get the move he wants to the club he wants even if someone else offers more. The big question is whether LFC can or will pay what will be a huge fee for him, even if he does want to join the club. The ownership issue may help enormously, or hinder completely the purchase of players. If the club finds an investor before the summer, then there should be a huge inflow of transfer money, if it drags on and the club is in limbo, then he will go elsewhere if he thinks LFC are not going to buy.

• Registered Users Posts: 219 ✭✭Highlander

Hi

heading over to the Wolves FA cup game on 07th January, anyone have any decent hotel recommendations

thanks in advance

• Registered Users Posts: 2,374 ✭✭✭robwen

Anfield Road end taking shape

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,133 ✭✭✭✭Fitz*

By all accounts Bellingham's dad has his head in the right place and will only move for the right reasons. Money is not the primary driver but style of play, career progression plan etc are more towards the front of their minds. Obviously a big talent like his will drive up the money involved but he is still only 19. There's plenty of time to make money down the line.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,501 ✭✭✭BoardsMember

U don't think money will be the only consideration for BVB? Can you explain that? I can understand why it mightn't be the only thing for the player, but for the selling club, what else could possibly be in the mix?

• Advertisement

Nice to have him back fully fit for the season restart.

Certainly.

When a footballer decides that they want to move, there is little the club can do and in the end, the best they can do is accept whatever they can get for the player. Their management said that during the last season, Haaland was a constant source of irritation and distraction because they all knew he wanted to go. If JB tells BVB he wants to leave and will only join LFC, then it won’t matter that RM or MC offer more, BVB will know they will have an unhappy player unwilling to move anywhere else.

Im not saying that will happen, just that the most important consideration is where the player wants to play football, his agent will do the rest.

Spain really could have done with a player like Thaigo in that game.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,512 ✭✭✭✭noodler

I really don't see JB putting any potential love of Liverpool ahead of a big transfer out.

If the difference between what Liverpool and Madrid/City/PSG offer transfer wise is big enough then BVB will take pause, in that situation JB will get very antsy and likely accept a club in overall better standing and more salary than risk no move at all.

Like what happened with Werner I'd have said.

Im not saying I have any special insight into this or that I know what he thinks is more important, only that the transfer fee offered will not be the only consideration, it will come down to which team the player wants to join. So just because MC and RM are interested does not guarantee that JB will want to join either of them.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,501 ✭✭✭BoardsMember

That's different. The club will want to sell to the highest bidder. That's their only consideration. They may not be able to do that. But its not the same as JB, who may not want to go to the highest wages. The latter may impact who they can sell him to. But that wasn't how I read your comment, you seemed to be drawing equivalence between player and club not necessarily being persuaded by the biggest bundle of cash. Anyways. Just semantics! Can't wait for the league to restart!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,195 ✭✭✭Xander10

Young Ramos looks the fit for Liverpool that Nunez isn't

TBF, if you take a look at Nunez’s goals for Benfica including against Liverpool, you would have more to go on than a match against a ropey Swiss team.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,698 ✭✭✭✭machiavellianme

I don't get the Nunez bashing. He scores goals and creates assists for the Reds, who cares what he does outside of that? Even if his control is suspect, as long as we get 3 points, its irrelevant.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,967 ✭✭✭✭Osmosis Jones

I thought it was impressive that you could write Nunez off after just 18 matches, but it's even more impressive that you can find his replacement by just turning on the TV and pointing at whoever is playing best right now.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,195 ✭✭✭Xander10

Well I've only seen a little of Bellingham for the first time at the WC. Maybe, I should give it a couple of years before my conclusion now that he is a top prospect.

In a way I kind of agree with you about Bellingham, clubs will be paying an extraordinary price, as much for potential as the player he is now. It is a huge gamble, no one really knows for certain if he will be better at 25 than he is at 19.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,846 ✭✭✭✭yourdeadwright

Bellingham reminds me of Gerrard in the way he is physically dominating players at such a young age,

He has the speed, power ,strength on most player he comes up against at 19 years of age its really something special , add to that he seems very agile he has every chance of becoming a super star, he can obviously also play football to which makes him a massive problem to deal with , Gerrard was a force of nature at times Bellingham may need to add a little bit of bite to get to Gerrard levels ,

The deal must be all but done the way he is with the two Liverpool lads,

According to Joyce this morning PSG have now enter the race for Bellingham.

BVB will be licking there lips at the bidding war that will happen between Liverpool, Chelsea, Man U, City, Madrid and now PSG for him now.

The last five teams can probably pay the lump sum up front if Liverpool are to win it they would have to pay it down over years.

I don't think a bidding war will happen ,

Dortmund will be willing to let him go for 100 million or a little more, I'd imagine he & his agent already know the number that is needed for them to let him go, I think the only issues to Liverpool could be wages,

I also don't see him going to France next,

Post edited by yourdeadwright on

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,306 ✭✭✭Widdensushi

You see that all the time clubs getting offered 200million for players but saying they only want 100 million.......

Lets be fair these days the selling clubs normally make everyone interested aware at what price they are willing to sell & then the clubs offer player different wages,

It's s all about player power, they usually end up with who offers the biggest wage,

One thing is for sure even if Pool sign Bellingham for £150m you will write him off 3 minutes into his first game if he misplaces a pass.

More likely to see players go where they want to go, even if the price isn’t what the selling club hoped for. Does anyone think LFC could have stopped Mane joining BM?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,967 ✭✭✭✭Osmosis Jones

Yeah I'm not saying Belligham would do this or even that he wants Liverpool but if clubs know his mind is made up then they might be wary of bidding higher for him just for him to end up forcing a move in 2 years because he's not where he wants to be.

• Advertisement

Why would i do that ?

Just because I' was not am not sold on Nunez doesn't mean every player is the same ,

Does anyone think Sofyan Amrabat would be a worth while signing

Is he a 6 or an 8

With Ox, Milner & Phillips more than likely gone next summer it will be interesting to see what homegrown player the club looks to sign to fill out the HG quota that only 17 players in a 25 man squad can be non HG.

The club only named a 24 man squad this season 16 of which were non HG and with that Naby & Adrian looking like the only ones of the 16 leaving that only leaves three spaces for a non HG signing.

However I could see Adrian signing another 1 year deal if Kelleher goes out on loan.

Bellingham would be considered an under 21 so signing him would not effect the quota.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,374 ✭✭✭robwen

No he said there was no truth that Mane was going to Munich.

He wasn't even Man enough to keep the Tweet he deleted after ever other Journo said Mane was going to Munich.

NOT TRUE ❌ is that Bayern is working on a Transfer of Sadio Mané. The Player was no topic in the Talks between Salihamidzic and Bezemer of Mané‘s agency „ROOF“ at Mallorca on Friday https://t.co/JUjJaBpALR

— Christian Falk (@cfbayern) May 9, 2022

• Registered Users Posts: 1,027 ✭✭✭willowthewisp

Good to see Diaz back. Is Keita training?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,365 ✭✭✭.red.

Does it matter? He'll be out injured again after his first game back.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,396 ✭✭✭GiftofGab

I'm actually quite optimistic that Bellingham will go to Liverpool. There's no smoke without fire and we seem the obvious choice for him. Realistically I can't see Real Madrid going that high for him since they already have a set midfield.

Elliott has made the top 5 of the most valuable teenagers in the world.

Bellingham is number 1

Musiala is number 2

Gavi is number 3

Wirtz is number 4

Elliott is number 5

Endrick who Madrid are about to pay €70m for is at number 8

• Registered Users Posts: 362 ✭✭JimboJones99

I just wont believe a word of Bellingham joining us until I see him leaning against the wall of Kirkby. I just cant imagine that someone wont blow us out of the water and leave us all massively disappointed. Its the hope that kills you

• Advertisement
Advertisement