Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Smart indoor bikes

Options
  • 07-12-2022 2:16am

I'm at the moment. I'm seriously considering replacing my current trainer with a dedicated smart bike. I'm leaning towards the Stages SB20 as it's currently on sale and it's well built by a company who has experience building exercise bikes for gyms, plus, if I'm not mistaken, it's the only smart bike that allows you to fit a mountain bike handlebar and it has plug-in shifters specifically designed for this purpose.

Do you think I'm crazy to be considering selling my Tacx neo2t and replacing it with a dedicated smart indoor bike?

I am also most likely going to be selling my current carbon road bike to my brother to be honest perhaps it's just me but I feel on Irish rural roads 25mm tires are just a bit too narrow and unfortunately that's all the bike can take since it has rim brakes.

I'm replacing it for the time being with a mountain bike that I originally ordered through the bike to work scheme, but unfortunately I've had to leave the job since I've damaged my back and I already put down a deposit so have to go through with the transaction. Although one of the downsides of mountain bikes is they are slower on the roads than a road bike and unfortunately in this country we don't seem to have a whole lot of mountain bike trails available.

I'm also open to the much cheaper suggestion of replacing the bike, I'm going to sell to my brother with a cheap road bike that I could use on my trainer, although I have no idea what bike to buy.

Post edited by [Deleted User] on

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 676 ✭✭✭Whatwicklow

Dedicated smart bike is a great solution if you will use it and have the space. and there are plenty of mtb trails or there, Jump on some of the route apps and they will appear.

Thanks tried to order the first version of the reconditioned Wahoo Kickr bike from their EU store for €2000 but they won't ship to Ireland instead you have to order through the UK site and pay an extra €300 I've emailed them and asked why Ireland has to pay the UK price instead of the EU one.

The Stages SB20 is €2200 shipped from Germany or Italy. If whahoo can't give me the EU price I guess I'll go with Stages.

• Registered Users Posts: 85 ✭✭DJB030244

Can you definitely get a reconditioned one delivered to Ireland ? . Wouldn’t let me on wahoo uk or eu when I tried . Looking to get one myself . Would be interested in a used one too . Not many for sale

Unfortunately, you are right and they don't deliver the reconditioned kicker bikes to Ireland.

I instead bought the reconditioned V5 and I bought the kicker climb from Canyon as it was way cheaper than Wahoo.

I'm instead going to get a cheap bike for use on the trainer instead. As it's far cheaper than a dedicated smart exercise bike.

Advertisement