Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Harry and Meghan - OP updated with Threadbanned Users 4/5/21

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,623 ✭✭✭✭downcow

I wouldn’t say everyone hate H&M. Harry was very well thought of but he is now just being silly, and his people aren’t even good at it. I am sure you have seen the footage from Netflix already exposed as fabricated and nothing whatsoever to do with him. Most people greatly respect his service with the armed forces and are just a bit sad about what has happened.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,178 ✭✭✭Be right back

From the BBC.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,010 ✭✭✭Oscar_Madison

While ordinarily it would be trivial to punch holes in the stock footage used in the trailers of a documentary , the fact that most people are skeptical of her claims of racism and being ignored and what not in the first instance, it just adds to a layer of complete unbelievability when they’re using footage that is not in anyway supporting her claims- yet another own goal.

As someone else said, this series is very much for the American market- the stylised look/feel and the faux rehearsed emotion is exactly what the Brits hate but the Americans will lap it up.

Now that she has the do-gooder award, she’ll be untouchable in America - great, they can keep Me-again and her little Prince.

She really does seem to have it in for Catherine. Maybe it's because Catherine has everything that Meghan wants.

• Advertisement

Meghan certainly comes across as spiteful toward Kate, as well as extremely manipulative.

Sometimes you just need to look at someone and they give off the vibe of closet nastiness. That's the kind of insincere vibe that Meghan just naturally pulls off. Everything she's doing with this Netflix show - and I'm sure it's driven by her rather than Harry - is about maximizing wealth before they become irrelevant. After all, Meghan is in her 40s and Harry isn't that far behind. Their prime days are numbered. Now is the only opportunity to cash in.

For Harry to refer to Meghan as effectively the second coming of his mother is utterly disgusting. And to profit off the back of that is even worse.

I have nothing but contempt for both of them.

Psychopathic manipulative narcissists of the highest possible order. Utterly mendacious, too.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,478 ✭✭✭valoren

It didn’t work the first time (Oprah) and so they are doing it all again now (Netflix). The whole thing will be another exercise in deflection as to the likely reasons why they stepped down. Their egos got overinflated by a combination of commission based advisors telling them they were potentially worth a billion and their own personality flaws in choosing to believe their own hype.

They thought they were bigger than the institution. Unlike the dowdy rest of them, they had the star power in lieu of actual intellect or talent and in the vacuous world of La La Land celebrity they thought this would be sufficient or that Royal branding would allow them to jump the proverbial queue via endorsements, merching etc. In fairness this royal seal of approval is potentially worth lots of money but it simply is not for sale.

They'd reportedly been bullying staff as it was and it would be no stretch to presume they thought they could bully the family as well into getting their cake and eating it via half-in half-out. They must have thought the Royal family needed them and their star power more than Harry and Meghan needed them. How wrong they were. They wanted to be free to go all in commercially and with no restrictions (e.g. Sussex Royal) and free to come and go as they pleased to replenish their brand with the optics of royalty (high profile events with media coverage rather than the multitude of bread and butter meet n’ greets which go unnoticed beyond local medias).

It was always going to be a non-runner and dead set against what the boring reality of what British royalty was. In parallel, Meghan, who is a nobody beyond the royal connection, was laying the manipulative groundwork from the off in order to ensure Harry was onboard with their stateside gambit. She was unhappy, the press intrusion statement when no one knew who she was, suicide ideation, lawsuits against the media etc. They were politely told to f*ck off in a manner of words about half in and half out and told it was either all in or all out. They were likely irked by actually having to make a decision to that end. When no quarter was given about their demands then that's when everything changed.

They left and Covid lockdowns coincided with their leaving and the world began getting sick and tired of the very “famous for being famous” celebrity lifestyle the Sussexes envisaged for themselves. The hollowness of celebrity set against dedicated people tackling a pandemic sunk their plans The Oprah interview and now this series are done to manipulate us. We're supposed to think they were right to escape, right to protect themselves, right to fight back. They need to be right and are willing to do whatever it takes to be proven so. If they touted privacy concerns, went splitsies with Charles on security and then laid low then nobody would care.

In doing this they have tripped themselves up again and any sincerity from them is drowned out by their falsehoods. This won't be a story of a man and his wife who successfully extricated themselves from a toxic environment, one which affected their mental health and one which we the audience should applaud. It will be a series, aimed at an American audience, with the express goal of smearing, slandering and defining as racist villains those people who have the capacity to tell the world that it is actually Harry and Meghan who are the problem all along. The series is them again getting ahead of the headlines and benefit from the conservative and non-committal response strategy of the royal machine i.e. make accusations, hope they stick and by the time a response is delivered people have already made up their minds about their “truth”.

• Administrators, Politics Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,947 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Neyite

In defence of pregnancy bumps, it's common for bump shape to change and seem bigger and smaller in the same day - and change hour to hour. https://www.romper.com/pregnancy/are-baby-bumps-smaller-in-the-morning-youre-not-the-only-one-imagining-this-8297082

For much of my pregnancy I was like that. You lie down overnight, internal organs are lying flat, so is the baby & placenta, and fluid. You stand up and gravity happens. For most of the day your posture is grand and your abdominal muscles do the work. Your spine is also straighter in the mornings but curves more in the evening due to the weight of it all. But pregnancy softens ligaments between bones so your spine can curve more inward to balance you.

Between fluid and placenta plus baby, there's actually a lot more weight than people realise. Baby moving around and sticking his/her arse out front also dramatically changes the baby bump in seconds. In my second trimester I could pretty much clench my abs and not look pregnant, or slouch, exhale and release the muscles and immediately look full term too, it was hilarious. Maybe it was a mixture of both for Meghan,

• Administrators, Politics Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,947 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Neyite

The problem with both of them is that when you see a programme where they say A, B and C absolutely factual and true but those facts subsequently emerge as demonstrably, irrefutably false, and they persist in doubling down on it, how can you believe them on fact D?

It’s creepy how Meghan is trying to emulate Dianna with Harry’s blessing. The polar neck jumper photo was real strange and other replicated instances along with the whole The Firm are out to get me nonsense - in contrast Kate is just Kate- if she wears a Diana piece of jewellery it’s Kate wearing Diana jewellery- but it’s not Kate trying to emulate or imitate or indeed, ha ha, archetype Diana. Kate remains an individual- her own person

Meghan appears as a Diana mini-me - it’s so bizarre modelling your public image on your dead mother in law

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,129 ✭✭✭Ms2011

I like Kate but if you think her image isn't heavily influenced by the monarchy's PR guru's I think you’re being very nieve.

I doubt too many in the RF are allowed be their true authentic self, in public anyway.

Imagine how William must feel. The eve of the bombshell documentary, with his wife getting exploited for content in it, his brother accepting an award for calling his family racist and the organisers presenting his brother with a photograph of their mother as 1500 people clap him. His piss must be boiling but I suppose that is the point of all of this.

• Registered Users Posts: 55,694 ✭✭✭✭walshb

Two absolute attention seeking cretins.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,290 ✭✭✭BruteStock

Esther Krakue

Having spent my childhood in Ghana, where many of my family still live, I’m a proud Brit with a career in journalism and broadcasting that gives me the priceless opportunity to speak my mind.

I owe everything to these two countries, and consider both of them my home. And I think of the Royal Family — through the Commonwealth — as the great unifying factor between them.

As the head of the Commonwealth, the late Queen Elizabeth understood this better than anyone. Over the course of her reign, the Commonwealth ‘family’ grew from just seven nations to 56 members, encompassing more than 2.5 billion people.

She could not have worked harder at fostering unity among all these myriad peoples. It’s why I loved her and why she was revered around the world.

Today, King Charles has taken on his mother’s mantle. Photographs this week of him at a Sikh temple, sitting cross-legged and looking happy to be promoting religious kinship, evidence his dedication to the creed of tolerance

What were Meghan and Harry doing that same day? Basking in an award that highlighted not just their grievances but glorified their vindictive claims that the royals are racist.

Talking about ‘hatred and race’ in this way is toxic. Far from inspiring people, it stirs up resentment and threatens to incite confrontation between people whose only real difference is the colour of their skin. For me, that is truly despicable.

What is worst is their willingness to launch this self-serving assault on our greatest institution just weeks after they attended the Queen’s funeral. Clearly, they have learned nothing from her life.

The Queen’s triumphant achievement was in bridging racial divides, whether through her resolute support for Nelson Mandela or her peerless diplomacy when, in 1961, she danced with the president of Ghana, Kwame Nkrumah, and ensured that my two countries were forever joined in the Commonwealth.

She was the embodiment of duty. What a tragedy that the only duty Meghan and Harry appear to know is to themselves.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,077 ✭✭✭✭end of the road

it's the other way around, meghan has what kate wants.

neither are bitter about the other in reality i suspect, just hammed up.

ticking a box on a form does not make you of a religion.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,077 ✭✭✭✭end of the road

not the case at all, simply exposers of the reality of life in the RF and the issues that institution clearly have.

ticking a box on a form does not make you of a religion.

• Registered Users Posts: 45,476 ✭✭✭✭Bobeagleburger

Anything that damages the Royal family is only a good thing.

Outdated nonsense.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,927 ✭✭✭dogbert27

Meghan has what Kate wants? 🙄

Jesus, the level of delusion is strong in this one.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 107 ✭✭Moragle

Can you explain what meghan has that Kate would want

• Registered Users Posts: 55,694 ✭✭✭✭walshb

Your rabid defence of these two is embarrassing.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,046 ✭✭✭Icsics

Theres very little actual content in this, I forwarded most of it. Seems overly reliant on clips & Harry seems very bitter, trotting out the same lines again & again.

• Registered Users Posts: 40,142 ✭✭✭✭Boggles

Your rabid defence of these two The Royal Family is embarrassing.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,290 ✭✭✭BruteStock

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/comment/119969458#Comment_119969458

Any man who sets out to expose his own family , whether Royal or not , is a massive pile of Chit.

I haven’t watched it yet but I’m predicting it will be 80% soft focus camera, arty poses, mood music and mass generalisations like “the stakes are too high” - and 20% or less actual content that you could tangibly discuss and debate in a forum like this. Each episode is likely only to provide one small piece of information requiring you to wait until all episodes to piece it altogether as to what they’re saying.

I think the bigger bombshell will actually be his book and we won’t have to even read that- it will be summarised in a newspaper day one of release saving us the bother and cost.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,273 ✭✭✭xxxxxxl

It would be good to keep 2 things in mind throughout the next month as the series and book are released:

1. Meghan is, first and foremost, an actress- left eye tears and all-
    2. Both of them are doing these activities for a whole heap of money- it’s not a charity gig- this is their livelihood -all designed to make millions

They’ve sold their souls and their personal lives in return for the dollar bill - you can look at this series from any perspective you wish to- exposing the “truth” behind the royal family, combating institutional racism etc etc but for me, these are the two key things I’ll be keeping most in mind- acting and money.

Meghan saying that the royal engagement interview was an orchestrated reality show on an orchesrated reality show with no sense of irony tells me straight away that this whole thing is a dud.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 16,749 ✭✭✭✭banie01

Honestly, saw that remark running on the Sky News chyron and said nearly exactly the same thing.

Advertisement