Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Colder this week, some wintry/snow showers, widespread frost and ice.

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 11,975 Mod ✭✭✭✭Meteorite58

Rained in Kerry after 07.00, black ice in patches, crawled into town this morning.

1.0C

• Registered Users Posts: 6,854 ✭✭✭CrowdedHouse

OT but today is the earliest sunset. It won't be any earlier than today

The days will still be getting shorter as sunrise will be later each day until around the 21st

(at my location)

Seven Worlds will Collide

• Registered Users Posts: 1,442 ✭✭✭bad2thebone

Drove from north Clare to Limerick there. The landscape went from dry green grass to white by the time I passed Bunratty. Very cloudy too, avoided the motorway between dromoland and Bunratty came up the back road came out at Drumline. There's always a cold foggy spot or sunny lit up road where all of a sudden you're into redlights . Bit misty now

• Registered Users Posts: 4,793 ✭✭✭Comhrá

-0.4c, overcast with a light mist in Limerick suburbs just now. Surprisingly less cold than I expected this morning.

• Registered Users Posts: 554 ✭✭✭Apothic_Red

Drove from Carlow to Naas this morning. 1 degree C on the car yet we had drizzle all the way in. Thought we'd see a flake or 2.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,778 ✭✭✭✭ninebeanrows

The very cold unstable airmass beginning to push in from north

Now

Tomorrow morning

• Registered Users Posts: 541 ✭✭✭weatherfiend

We’re just on the edge of that in south Dublin - might be lucky 🤞

• Registered Users Posts: 973 ✭✭✭mallards

Snowing away here at the wicklow gap.

• Registered Users Posts: 55 ✭✭westcork blue

Smoke on the water - Ardmore Co Waterford. Beautiful morning

• Registered Users Posts: 6,136 ✭✭✭Elmer Blooker

Just saw this on Netweather.

In Greece they might be seeing pics of very rare snowfall in Ireland?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 15,419 ✭✭✭✭Supercell

Some frozen rain on the car this morning in Loughlinstown but roads grand here thankfully. Lovely morning out.

Have a weather station?, why not join the Ireland Weather Network - http://irelandweather.eu/

• Registered Users Posts: 10,484 ✭✭✭✭greenspurs

Lovely sunny crisp morning in Sth Kilkenny.

3degs at the moment.

"Bright lights and Thunder .................... " #NoPopcorn

• Registered Users Posts: 32,634 ✭✭✭✭Graces7

I have just completed my morning "tour" of the estate!

Very dark and gray, but a magnificent cloudscape draped over the mountains, merging with snow on the summits.

A profound hush. It is always very silent out here but this has a different quality.. More intense, deeper. The clouds are dark and heavy.

Maybe a presage of snow.. and along comes heavy hard rain.. Fed the robin.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,160 ✭✭✭✭Oscar Bravo

Last night

• Registered Users Posts: 7,086 ✭✭✭pauldry

Snow on the very tip of Ben Bulben. None anywhere else just thin ice on car. Min in Sligo 0c last night

• Registered Users Posts: 162 ✭✭Lip Out

A shame those heavy showers and possible thundersnow out in the Irish Sea are not going to come into land.

• Registered Users Posts: 584 ✭✭✭feargantae

Same in Kerry South. Roads were brutal. 1°C right now.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,181 ✭✭✭✭JCX BXC

Very foggy in Galway city this morning. No Frost.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,840 ✭✭✭dacogawa

You know the rules. A picture, with the date and boards written in the snow. Or it didn't happen 😂

• Registered Users Posts: 6,255 ✭✭✭highdef

Looking at combination of satellite, radar and the computer models, I think there is a decent chance of heavy showers in Eastern areas this evening and early tonight. ICON and Harmonie are already on the case, as we know. Looking at the intensity of the Irish Sea showers at the moment is convincing me that there could well be a bit of a show for some parts of the east coast (Dublin and Wicklow, mainly) later this evening, with parts of Kildare also getting in on the action.

I shall be keeping a close eye on things during the day.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,840 ✭✭✭dacogawa

ARPEGE latest run going with a small incursion over Dublin/Wicklow later this evening...

Latest Harmonie run indicating precipation later on this evening for parts of the East.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,017 ✭✭✭Tom Cruises Left Nut

• Registered Users Posts: 7,807 ✭✭✭Calibos

I can handle when London gets snow and we don’t. That bit closer to the continent and that much further away from the Atlantic.

What always frustrates me the most are the reports from Tunis, Costa Del Sol, Rome, Athens, Damascus etc of their ultra rare major snow events…..that are still less rare than ours! LOL.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,982 ✭✭✭.Donegal.

Status Yellow - Snow/Ice warning for Dublin, Wicklow

Met Éireann Weather Warning

Wintry showers likely with snow in places, especially on high ground. This will lead to hazardous driving conditions.

Valid: 21:00 Thursday 08/12/2022 to 06:00 Friday 09/12/2022

Issued: 11:12 Thursday 08/12/2022

Just started to snow here

• Registered Users Posts: 9,960 ✭✭✭spookwoman

Let there be snow. Outdoor thermometer low was 0.5c this morning, matching waterfordweather.com. I think I can be sure it's pretty accurate.

Fog is clearing here and ground frost is melting in open area's. I would be wary of back roads and sheltered spots.

DP's look good inland too. On the coast not so much.

• Registered Users Posts: 313 ✭✭spoonerhead

Some spectacular looking clouds moving through the Irish Sea this morning

• Advertisement

Status Yellow - Snow/Ice warning for Donegal

Met Éireann Weather Warning

Scattered sleet and snow showers will give some accumulations, especially on high ground.

Valid: 21:00 Thursday 08/12/2022 to 12:00 Saturday 10/12/2022

Issued: 11:22 Thursday 08/12/2022

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement