Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Apple TV and other devices

Options
  • 07-12-2022 12:42pm
    Registered Users Posts: 6,643 ✭✭✭

Hi There

Just got Apple TV and have noticed a problem I'm having with it. When I try to play say marvel movie through apple tv it will auto-switch to Disney and play the movie with no problem (on an IOS device). The issue is when I try to play through Apple TV on firestick or PS5 it comes up with a message "how to watch" or something like that. It seems to be the issue with 3rd party devices running ATV.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,010 ✭✭✭Gregor Samsa

The integration between the Apple TV app and Disney+ is a feature of the Apple TV device's OS - it's controlled by a setting in tvOS (Settings > TV > Connect to TV)

On the Firestick and PS5, Apple have no mechanism to link the two apps together.

• Registered Users Posts: 593 ✭✭✭iniall

Wait, are you talking about the Apple TV hardware or the Apple TV+ app and/or streaming service?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,643 ✭✭✭Luckycharms_74

I should have clarified. Its the Apple TV+ app I'm using on various devices.

• Registered Users Posts: 593 ✭✭✭iniall

I think the TV+ app is limited on third party devices. I have it on my Samsung TV, but I only ever watch Apple TV+ content or stuff from my iTunes library on it. Disney+ and Primevideo, etc I watch on their own apps. Without tvOS, you're relying on whatever way Amazon or Sony's OS's handle the app.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,760 ✭✭✭lertsnim

Yeah its availability is limited. I have the Apple TV+ app on Android TV but it isn't available on my Android phone.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,471 ✭✭✭chalkitdown1

I just got Sky and 6 months free AppleTV+ with it but there doesn't seem to be any AppleTV+ app on the SkyQ box itself. It has every other streaming service, but no Apple. A bit of Googling reveals that it should be on there. Is it just Ireland where it's not available?

Very odd, if so.

Advertisement