Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

2022 Executive Officer Civil Service

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 21 Kerrywan

Hi all, has anyone accrued annual leave from their role and then got promoted, I am currently finished my unpaid maternity but I have 59 days holidays that I was going to take at the end and I'm in the clearance process and just wondering how that works, can I still take the leave when it's been granted

• Registered Users Posts: 156 ✭✭mtb_sends

How long are the interviews roughly?

• Registered Users Posts: 905 ✭✭✭furrybones

"Success is not final, failure is not fatal. It is the courage to continue that counts"

• Registered Users Posts: 49 shardor18

They are only starting nterviews for the first batch in Limerick in the next couple of weeeks. I think they sent EOIs to 7 open and 2 inter.

• Registered Users Posts: 12 jmpd22

Anyone been called for interview for Galway yet? I placed OOM 30 but haven't heard anything yet

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10 ConorL76

Lads, I'll be honest. I did crap in this contest lol.

I filled out everything very well, explaining in detail how I worked with my team during work experience, software I use etc.. still did quite badly.

I'm not trying to throw a pity party, but is it just that I'm still in college and haven't much experience yet that I ranked low?

Will my OOM go up a lot after I graduate?

Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 8 Hopefully up

Oom 612 for Dublin… anyone know where they are in calling for interview or do you think there’s a chance?

• Registered Users Posts: 103 ✭✭Onthefence

Have you had an interview yet?

Your initial OOM is based only on your performance in the tests.

The second OOM is based on your performance at interview. Your application form provides background information to the interview panel but has no real impact on the OOM following interview.

• Registered Users Posts: 659 ✭✭✭yenom

Any idea what they are on for interdepartmental in Cork?

• Registered Users Posts: 19 tinseldreamz

I'm sure this has been answered countless times but I'm struggling to find a definitive answer. I'm a CO since 2020 on pay scale point 3, will I start on the first EO pay scale point or go up a point? Basically how much will I be on once I'm an EO. Thanks

• Advertisement

I was on point 3 of CO and was put on point 1 of the EO scale.

"Success is not final, failure is not fatal. It is the courage to continue that counts"

• Registered Users Posts: 211 ✭✭HDonal

I was point five as a CO and was put on EO point 1 too.

• Registered Users Posts: 33 Sunshine_21

Hi All, just a update for anyone on the panel for Westmeath & Longford.

The OOM called for Longford & Westmeath.

Longford; Open Stream: 12 Interdepartmental : 6

Westmeath ; Open stream: 4 Interdepartmental :3

• Registered Users Posts: 10 ConorL76

Hi Onthefence,

I haven't had an interview yet no, Guess ill just study harder for the tests next time.

So the application form where you fill out your work experience dosent have ANY effect on your initial OOM at all?

• Registered Users Posts: 103 ✭✭Onthefence

@ConorL76 that has certainly been mine experience but perhaps others could clarify same?

@furrybones you should query that. I have 2 friemd went straight to EO scale 2 from CO scale 5.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,442 ✭✭✭Dohvolle

Some EOIs went out about 2 weeks ago for the county, in the 20s. still in the tens in the City I understand.

• Registered Users Posts: 171 ✭✭apkmbarry

Your performance in the Verbal and Situational tests are purely what determine your OOM. Numerical you just have to pass. The info you filled out is for interview time, giving the interview panel a bit about you and allowing them to probe for answers etc and get a full picture of how you would fit into the job.

There's no real study to be done, it's just reading the questions carefully and answering what it asks for. Situational is very hit or miss. I thought my Situational for AO was extremely difficult, but did far better in it than EO. It brought my oom up alot too, now wether that is enough, that remains to be seen, but practising online tests can help.

Look at your Salary, the actual numerical value and find the closest to it on the EO scale.

That's where you start.

• Registered Users Posts: 8 Hopefully up

Anybody called for interview in Dublin lately - what was your oom?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 170 ✭✭Shuffl_in

Starting Pay on Promotion Frequently Asked Questions

Proposals for

SPOP Circular 08 -2019

Frequently Asked Questions Revised May 2019

NOTE: These FAQs relate to the new and restated provisions in the starting pay on promotion circular applicable to civil servants, questions regarding individual remuneration, should be directed to the relevant HR Section for that sector or to local management

Q.1Section 1. (2) (i)

Where the officer’s current salary is above the minimum point of the new scale but below the normal maximum, the nearest point above the officer’s current salary point plus one increment. Is this current policy, yes, but the benefit will be immediate

Q.2 (IV) Where the minimum of the new salary scale is greater than existing pay by an amount less than the first increment on the new scale, the officer may enter the new scale at the minimum plus one increment? This relates to the value of the first increment on the new scale. This value is added to your current salary point if then the salary is above point 1, you will enter on point 2 of the new scale

• Registered Users Posts: 31 zeldamayo

Update for Mayo & Sligo

I'm OOM 8 for Mayo and OOM 6 for Sligo and I got an expression of interest for interview today.

FYI you can only give expression of interest for one county.

Can anyone advise what comes next? Is there an application form?

• Registered Users Posts: 123 ✭✭Stranger Things

i got an expression of interest for Dublin I believe. I had to email them back. No reply yet. Came 450ish in Dublin

• Registered Users Posts: 78 ✭✭shinnyg

I sent an email a couple of weeks ago. No vacancies for Limerick yet so they havent started interviews yet.

• Registered Users Posts: 32 poltort2

For anyone interested in Offaly, I was sent EOI for interview today, I was OOM 55

Is this a 1 or 2 year panel?

"It is not envisaged that appointments will be made from this competition after 30 June 2024."

• Registered Users Posts: 14 VD91

I'm Dublin OOM inter @157 and external 408. Just got expression of interest (presumably based off the open above). Has anyone had any mental questions?

• Registered Users Posts: 59 ✭✭loser2k12

Does anyone recommend winging this interview? I've just sat down to prepare and my brain is just saying no after a long week of work 😂😂

Interview on Tuesday and I usually do well under pressure 🤞🏻

I was around OOM 400 Dublin Open by the way, anyone who's wondering.

• Advertisement

@shinnyg they're interviewing for Limk in the coming week.

Advertisement