Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Sports Extra (TNT/Premier)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,889 ✭✭✭kooga

originally on an NI sub with premiersport via sky

premiersport became viaplay on my EPG but i can scan in and watch PS 1 and 2 in other Channels

Viaplay EPG for this weekend has the EPCR Challenge Cup Rugby. So from this weekend EPCR Rugby is across BT Sport, Viaplay, RTE and ITV. EPCR the gift that never gave!

• Registered Users Posts: 9,766 ✭✭✭lertsnim

Ospreys v Leicester on Sunday is also live on S4C as is Cardiff v Brive in the Challenge Cup on Saturday.

Premier Sports also showing Challenge Cup games according to the Sky EPG.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,047 ✭✭✭Digifriendly

Challenge Cup getting decent overall coverage at last. For many years it was only the knockout stages that were featured.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 11,684 Mod ✭✭✭✭icdg

It’s the best coverage it’s ever had. In the Sky era it had an exclusive Thursday night window which was great on one hand in that there was a “showcase spot” and it was typically the only rugby on a Thursday night but (without wanting to break my own rule about not talking about what goes on the pitch) the games quite frankly often weren’t great. The Thursday window lasted into the shared BT/Sky deal of 2014-18 but went after BT took over exclusive rights (because “Thursday Nights are Europa Nights”) and since then coverage has been basically patchwork at best with one or two group stage games at most getting coverage, if any. Connacht v Newcastle is one of the picks (and the only one I think in which Viaplay/Premier will be doing host broadcaster, I think all the others come from France).

• Registered Users Posts: 4,047 ✭✭✭Digifriendly

Emirates Lions vs Dragons will probably have SA host broadcaster. EPCR website also has Bath vs Glasgow on Viaplay/Premier.

• Advertisement

Just so anyone wondering about LaLiga can rest easily, it was promoted during the half time of Connacht v Newcastle (which interestingly does have wrap around pitch side coverage from Graham Little & co)

• Registered Users Posts: 9,200 ✭✭✭Red Silurian

Very disappointed today, tuned into Premier to watch the Bath/Glasgow game and they were showing some T14 game from months ago

• Registered Users Posts: 1,444 ✭✭✭mackersdublin

The last vestiges of Premier Sports in the U.K., the Premier Player and the Premier Sports website have bit the dust also.

So basically there’s now nowhere for Irish subscribers to get any information about upcoming programming on Premier Sports other than to keep an eye on the EPG. (Mind you U.K. subscribers are in the same boat as the Premier website was the only place to get advanced listings for the linear channels)

Premier Sports really need to sort out an online presence.

• Advertisement

They really do.

Seemingly the demise of the Premier Player also means the end of LaLiga TV in the U.K. (except for those who subscribe stand-alone to it via Amazon Channels which surely won’t last). At least they can still watch all matches on the Viaplay app.

Now they can't even promote anything to potential viewers.

• Registered Users, Subscribers Posts: 1,347 ✭✭✭mike2084

Premier have now updated their St. Stephen's Day schedule on DigiGuide -

Premier Sports 1

12:25p.m. Brighton v Spurs

2:55p.m. Leicester v Newcastle

5:25p.m. Aston Villa v Liverpool

7:55p.m. Arsenal v West Ham

Premier Sports 2

2:55p.m. Everton v Wolves

5:10p.m. Ospreys v Scarlets URC

7:30p.m. Munster v Leinster URC

Tuesday 27th

Premier Sports 1

5:25p.m. Chelsea V Bournemouth

7:55p.m. Manchester United v Nottingham Forest

Wednesday 28th

Premier Sports 1

7:55p.m. Leeds v Manchester City

No indication of any red button facility for the games not on main channels. Looks like will all be unedited world feed coverage.

One difference between the “new” Premier Sports and the old seems to be that they are throwing lots of repeats of their FAPL coverage in the schedule. In the Setanta days I think they were allowed one Sunday morning repeat but for obvious reasons Premier Sports never did any.

LaLiga back in the schedule next Thursday, with two of three games that day live (Real Betis v Athletic Bilbao at 6pm followed by Athletico Madrid v Elche). For reasons that are not immediately clear they are not showing Girona v Rayo Vallecano live, despite only having recorded content on while that game is in play. It does get a recorded showing on Premier 2 in prime time directly opposite the Athletico Madrid game, and if you wanted to watch both, well it does get an airing again on Premier 1 after the Athletico game.

Their scheduling is worse than the Virgin Media channels.

• Registered Users Posts: 38 TonyK45

So what I have noticed is that some content is not the same on viaplay and Premier. Sometimes you have viaplay Sport1 & Premier Sports 1, which will give you vialplay Sports2 and Premier Sports 2 - but sometimes you get viaplay Sports1 and Premier Sports 2 and vice versa. But like an earlier commenter some conentent only on Viaplay Sports (UK) (this includes URC, Challenge Cup and La Liga), while Premier Sport (Roi) just show repeats.

A new development is that Viaplay (UK) have stopped providing listings information to the listing magazines, and their channels do not even show up on the SkyGuide (online version) even if you select a UK region! So they really don't seem to want a satellite presence - only promoting the player.

• Registered Users Posts: 399 ✭✭fman

Getting the upgrade screen on premier 1 again. Kicked in at 12.20 just as the premier League coverage was starting. Got the 10 mins or so of ads before it just fine though.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,362 ✭✭✭Acosta

On Sky is anyone else's Premier Sport 1 not working? Telling me I'm basically not subscribed. Bloody joke shop of an operation!

Same thing happened to me. Only effecting Premier 1 no other Sports Extra pack channels.

Edit: By the looks of Twitter, it’s happening to everyone. Of course Premier no longer have any social media presence, and Sky are getting the blame in their absence.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,097 ✭✭✭bennyx_o

Happening me too, had been watching the URC highlights before as normal

• Registered Users Posts: 586 ✭✭✭vid36

Its telling me, I am not subscribed but other Sports Extra Channels are working fine.

• Registered Users Posts: 479 ✭✭onform

Same here on Sky. Is this a mistake or have Premier Sports 1 lost rights to broadcast Premier League?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,374 ✭✭✭Indestructable

Same for me. Working on SkyGo though. Stupid

• Registered Users Posts: 10,288 ✭✭✭✭Dodge

Premier Sports 1 working fine on now TV

• Registered Users Posts: 678 ✭✭✭Stewball

PS1 still not working for me yet.

• Registered Users Posts: 399 ✭✭fman

At least we can contact them through their website or email... oh wait. I suppose they've never shaken that Setanta *hitshow tag.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,374 ✭✭✭Indestructable

Is it only streaming allowed? Strange that nowtv and SkyGo work fine.

• Registered Users Posts: 586 ✭✭✭vid36

What number do we call?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 384 ✭✭Manc-Red_

Ive just re-subbed with these and the channel won’t open. Watching BeIn sports lol Unreal

Better Born Lucky Than Rich.

Advertisement