Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Colder this week, some wintry/snow showers, widespread frost and ice.

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,968 ✭✭✭circadian

Snow reported in Derry.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,136 ✭✭✭Elmer Blooker

Exactly, a big Euro high for the places you mentioned is like a Greenland high for us ... and we all know which is the most regular occurrence in recent years.

Latest satellite imagery. Some showers pushing into Donegal & NI. Beefy looking showers heading into the North of Scotland.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 11,975 Mod ✭✭✭✭Meteorite58

Foggy around Tralee and car reading 4C, the place very damp after this mornings rain. Good few reports of car accidents around he County and people falling on foothpaths here in Tralee. Set to get even colder tonight in Kerry, maybe down to -4C in places, not much drying atm so could be quite slippy in the morning.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,634 ✭✭✭✭Graces7

Scotland is alwagys good for snow. Orkney where I lived many years was even better... Delicious thick snow... My hens wondering where their feet had gone.. Ah memories!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,255 ✭✭✭highdef

The large area of Irish Sea showers from Dublin southwards is moving just east of south. Another large shower off the SW coast of Isle of Man looks to be moving pretty much due south whilst the showers arriving into the north are moving slightly west of south. As the air continues to stream down from the north, we should begin to see the Irish Sea showers get closer to the coast, probably initially making landfall in eastern Wicklow, probably close to or at Wicklow town. Then further north up the east coast although probably not any further than the Dublin/Meath border, at a guess.

That's if we keep the convection going though but at least darkness makes little difference with these setups.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 16,902 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gonzo

The WRF model indicating the possibility of Irish sea streamers a bit more active from late Saturday into Sunday and that's as far as the model goes.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 11,975 Mod ✭✭✭✭Meteorite58

Looking decent in the East later.

• Registered Users Posts: 541 ✭✭✭weatherfiend

• Registered Users Posts: 541 ✭✭✭weatherfiend

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 23,756 ✭✭✭✭Kermit.de.frog

There is a chance alright but could be frustrating for some! Literally just down the road getting a light pasting while you're getting nothing. One of those situations.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,504 ✭✭✭SpitfireIV

Horribly bland grey day in Carlow town, frost has melted off and fog lifted. Yesterday was a far colder (and nicer) day 🤔

• Registered Users Posts: 554 ✭✭✭Apothic_Red

I want snow & . . .

or best guesstimate please

Have been keeping an eye out towards the sea from Dublin and the clouds are beginning to get a slight but closer. View looking east and southeast about ten minutes ago

• Registered Users Posts: 1,172 ✭✭✭Kutebride

Great pictures of the white clouds on the horizon highdef.

Blue skies and sunshine in Meath.

Gloves and hat day 3⁰

You can see the broad angle of attack for the east coast this evening as the wind direction change sinks south off the northwest coast at the moment.

• Registered Users Posts: 144 ✭✭King of Spades

Great photos Highdef. I was looking at those same shower clouds from a distance from the Hill of Tara just now and they are very dramatic and look full of snow! Ground still frozen here.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,286 ✭✭✭emo72

Can see the snow falling right to sea level from one of the showers East of Howth. Hopefully any showers making landfall after dark will continue to do so.

We were taught as children when we said "I WANT!" that I want does not get...Weather here teaches us patience...

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 14,121 Mod ✭✭✭✭pc7

God that’s a beautiful image, you can kind of forget how amazing nature is

As for me.... the cold has defeated me! So I am retreating to warm up under the covers.. Tonight and tomorrow are aiming to be more extreme.

I hope that all longing for snow get their wishes! My first winter here I managed a skinny snowman...

Stay safe on the roads.

• Registered Users Posts: 923 ✭✭✭WolfeEire
    Clare (410ft asl)

Glenshane Pass in Derry

www.x.com/wolfeeire

• Registered Users Posts: 1,442 ✭✭✭bad2thebone

Some day I'll be waving at ye from here. It's absolutely beautiful, there's a few live cams around that area.

Mix of graupel and snow is about accurate I think for low lying parts of Dublin early tonight. Graupel/hail is like a foundation for the house really.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,884 ✭✭✭Tzardine

I just put winter tyres, specifically designed for snow, on my car today. I am moving to Germany in a couple of weeks and needed them.

Hoping that I get to try them out before I head over :)

• Registered Users Posts: 260 ✭✭ascophyllum

Recent rain shower at sea level in West Mayo, the mountains have just gotten their first coating of snow in a long long time, looks to be above the 4-500 metre mark.

Was driving in very wintry conditions in Germany last year, snow ice,fog and windy all at the same time! Must say the winter tyres were great, gave that added grip and sense of safety.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,484 ✭✭✭✭greenspurs

Still 4deg here in Sth KK.

Bit of cloud , but sunny.

"Bright lights and Thunder .................... " #NoPopcorn

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,847 ✭✭✭✭Jim_Hodge

3c and sunny clear blue sky in the north east.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement