Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Heavyweight Boxing

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 55,637 ✭✭✭✭walshb

I think a huge luxury Fury has here is that Usyk has not the power to really trouble him, allowing Fury be more relaxed. Vs Wilder there was always that power risk to consider.

I reckon Fury’s biggest issue could be Usyk’s feet and movement and constantly changing energies and rhythms

Post edited by walshb on

• Registered Users Posts: 925 ✭✭✭AdrianG08

Its a fascinating fight it really is, and the build up will be great too, Usyk is entertaining and won't be one bit psyched out by Fury's play acting. He's a cool as they come. His humour may actually disarm Fury.

I think Usyk is too wily to be stopped but I see Fury winning this fight by a decision on all 3 cards. Fury will put all his weight on him in the clinch, and I expect Usyk to be so much more fatigued come the mid rounds in a fight v Fury than he was against AJ.

Absolutely love Usyk as a fighter but I just think Fury is too big and too skilled. But its brilliant to see a world class cruiserweight come through and genuinely go after the big name heavies, rather than simply targeting a version of the world title and dining out on that for the next 30 years.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,756 ✭✭✭✭yourdeadwright

TO be fair AJ should have stopped him but didn't have the guts/cardio to out the foot down after round 9,

I

• Registered Users Posts: 9,331 ✭✭✭OmegaGene

Fury showed a bruise on his hip he got through the protector from Chisora when he went on talk sport

The internet isn’t for everyone

Lot shots didn’t land clean in rd 9. That round was overrated in AJs favor. Usyk was still lucid, controlled and not really hurt.

if I recall didn’t Usyk come out strong in rd 10?

• Advertisement

Pundit wise I see only George Groves to be tipping Usyk really, albeit just about tipping him. Fans wise I think plenty will tip both men

• Registered Users Posts: 4,841 ✭✭✭squinn2912

No one should underestimate Usyk but I think the problem was overestimating joshua last year. Usyk is probably Fury’s toughest challenge right now in terms of what he’s done. Joyce has beaten no one, joshua on a losing streak, Ortiz and Ruiz both looked awful, hrgovic was unimpressive against Chang. Possibly Wilder would be a harder fight but he’s done that obviously

i find it funny some of the boxing youtubers like hatman strikes back and a few others think Fury is avoiding Usyk and is lining up Joyce instead, but they said the same thing about whyte too. They likely say anything for clicks, the Joyce fight would not make as much revenue for Fury.

The last minute of round 9 Usyk was in real trouble he really was ,

Yes Usyk came flying out & had Aj all over the shop then Aj caught Usyk with a right hand that shock him but Usyk again regained control & AJ looked nackered

Round 9 took everything out of AJ ,

I think from a fight/crowd pleaser point of view, Joyce is the best fight for us.

• Advertisement

I honestly think he has the best chance out of all of them to beat Fury ,

• Registered Users Posts: 691 ✭✭✭ianburke

fury has to knock him out to win. he could(and should)win 12 rounds and i'd still expect the judges to give it to usyk

Why? Neutral judges…not a single fight Usyk has had that he did not deserve the win. Not getting where you’re coming from here.

• Registered Users Posts: 691 ✭✭✭ianburke

wasn't it a uk judge that robbed fury against wilder? what will they do to a gypsy against a likeable ukraine war hero if this one goes the distance? a cat and mouse affair this one. fury should be knocking him by just using his weight alone so hopefully the cards wont be needed - its just a fear i have if usyk somehow survived the 12.

Daniel Dubois has been called as mandatory by WBA

Its looking like we won't get Fury v Usyk for all the belts,

Be nice if they all said right lads fight by April for everything & then we are ordering all these Mandatory's,

Who ever wins that fight will have no problem handing over a couple of the belts ,as they will be rightly number 1

fury v usyk super seeds any mandatory once all parties agree and bob arum said he is hoping to get it announce this week

dubois is not ready for a title challenge going by his last fight and warren will put him off for the big pay day

Usyk team saying very close to a deal. Screw this mandatories nonsense.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,785 ✭✭✭✭The Nal

Arum saying its agreed for "the first 4 months of next year".

they need to decide on the venue yet, he said they have several offers

Shane mcguigan reckoning if Usyk were 1-2 inches taller he’d have this one. Bit easy to say that. Big mention for Ruiz as the HW no one wants to talk about

• Advertisement

stories doing the rounds last night about AJ fighting in April against 22-0 Australian Demsey McKean as a warm up for Dillian in the summer

Eddie Hearn has confirmed AJ is going to America to start with his new trainer

• Registered Users Posts: 9,987 ✭✭✭normanoffside

I see Hearn says AJ will have 3 fights this year the first being a warmup for Whyte. The fact he needs a warm up for Whyte tells me he is done.

Eddie reckons the third will be fury or wilder

not seeing that happening myself

• Registered Users Posts: 2,914 ✭✭✭bmc58

AJ and Frank Bruno are like peas in a pod.All muscle bullies who when they came against real heavyweights were found wanting.

I wonder does joshua have an issue or injury it really seems like his goose is cooked. Reminds me of David Haye fighting poor mark de mouri

• Registered Users Posts: 931 ✭✭✭flanna01

My dear little geese, the writing is on the wall if ye would only read it:

Anthony Joshua is gun shy, and has been since his defeat to Ruiz (1). The flags were there long in advance of that defeat... Think Whyte, Klitschco and Takam here... He was buzzed in all these fights and still kept believing the hype about himself.....

He didn't get knocked out by Ruiz as his record would suggest to the ill informed, he quit in the corner, plain and simple.

In the return fight with Ruiz, he kept him at distance all night, you could fit a double wardrobe between them... This is due to a fear on engaging again, it's a psychological thing.

Everybody knows that in Usyk *1, Joshua was going down in the final round, he had no heart nor answers to the Ukrainians onslaught..

*Note - Did ye all witness the petulance of him after the fight?? Throwing the belts out of the ring, followed by the me, me, me speech afterwards..... Pleeeasse!!!

A previous poster summed it up perfectly... Joshua is a modern day Frank Bruno. All bells & whistles until a proper boxer shows up, one that doesn't believe all the BS about Joshua being the best puncher in the Universe.. And once that myth was shattered, he had nothing left, nobody believed in him anymore.. Not even himself.

Wilder will destroy him.... Absolutely annihilate him.

Fury will make a fool of him.

Joe Joyce will put him in hospital

At this stage, I wouldn't back against the shot Dillian Whyte either..

• Registered Users Posts: 12,347 ✭✭✭✭blade1

While I think Fury, Wilder and Joyce beat AJ, I think Whyte hasn't a prayer against him.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,745 ✭✭✭Brock Turnpike

Where would peak Haye get to in the current HW division?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 809 ✭✭✭Butson

All the soundings are looking good for Fury v Usyk.

Hopefully it happens now, the sport badly needs it.

Advertisement