Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Off Topic Thread 5.0

Options

Comments

Not that incredible. Obviously couldn't find anything to rhyme with 'Munster suck'.

I composed another song in the last minute

Verse 1:

Come on Leinster, let's take the field

We'll show Munster what it means to yield

We'll run and tackle, catch and pass

And leave them in the dust, no need to ask

Chorus:

Munster suck, Munster suck

We'll dominate, we won't be outdone

Leinster's the team, the best under the sun

Verse 2:

We'll show our skill, our strength, our speed

We'll leave Munster in defeat

Their fans may cheer, but it's all in vain

Leinster's the team that will reign

Chorus:

Bridge:

We'll fight with all our heart and soul

We'll leave it all on the pitch, that's our goal

Leinster's the team that will win this game

And Munster will be left to feel the shame

Chorus:

Post edited by Boards.ie: Mike on

• Subscribers Posts: 41,519 ✭✭✭✭sydthebeat

That Brazilian team could just about restore my faith in football..... Just about.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,492 ✭✭✭swiwi_

With Bono as keeper Morocco had the edge.

Detectorists Christmas Special :)

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 35,418 Mod ✭✭✭✭pickarooney

Thanks for the reminder!

Thanks for the tip. Thought this was great after I absolutely hated boba Fett.

Post edited by Boards.ie: Mike on

• Registered Users Posts: 13,076 ✭✭✭✭Interested Observer

The price of petrol is coming down at a fair rate which is a nice bit of relief. Filled up the car for 1.49p/l yesterday.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,817 ✭✭✭✭mfceiling

You've no idea how much I'm looking forward to this.

Fun ways to pass time

#1) Fill out ESTA form for whole family in order to transit through an American airport.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,920 ✭✭✭✭stephen_n

Think I would prefer not to go, than transit through the US. One country on the planet I really hope to never set foot in.

• Registered Users Posts: 11 Luminous Talent

The greatest country in the history of our planet? Saved us from famine! I’m not sure where you’d prefer as an alternative.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,534 ✭✭✭Dubinusa

I've been here 37 years! Great place to visit. No idea where this sentiment comes from.

The fact that you have to give up any right to privacy, just to transit it through the country would be enough.

The fact America and its foreign policy, ideology is a cancer on the world. Would make me not want to visit. I’m not enamored with Americana or the American Dream Nightmare. There are some amazing places in America but you’d have to put up with all the other stuff to get there.

You have to put up with stuff every where. You can't really travel any where without giving up privacy. But, thanks for your answer.

There's places too that I wouldn't visit. I'm fairly certain most people have countries they'd choose not to visit.

• Registered Users Posts: 11 Luminous Talent

Developed countries have tighter security measures. You can understand them wanting private information in the wake of events like 9-11. Infringing on their own citizens rights is another matter however and less understandable. Would you prefer a free for all where anyone and everyone can enter and pose a risk to their security?

As for foreign policy, could you elaborate please? I understand much of the neo-con interventionism is cynical and exploitative but when you are fighting against drug wars from coming into your country, nuclear superpowers marauding across Eastern Europe and Asia and planes crashing into buildings it’s understandable they step into the fold to protect themselves by preventing the spread of such movements.

Sounds like you’d rather they didn’t participate in the world and curled up in a ball and felt sorry for themselves? And awaited imminent destruction which is what comes when you’re the global leader in so many fields?

As for the American dream/nightmare there are supposedly less in poverty there than any nation in the west. But the social mobility is unrivalled, more Americans come from immigrant backgrounds than any other country and move into prosperity than in any other country on the planet. It’s not a safe haven for elites. The most flexible and innovative survive and prosper there from generation to generation. Is there any greater measure of merit than that? But the relative slowing down of this fact is probably down to the increase in left leaning politics and pessimism which you seem to be conciliatory towards.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 10,580 Mod ✭✭✭✭aloooof

Mod: Politics is against the charter folks, so best leave this one here.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 26,753 Mod ✭✭✭✭Podge_irl

I don't think this is technically politics but forgive me if it is...

The right to privacy thing is pretty universal at any border. Its one of the places you lose almost all rights everywhere. Even in Ireland border guards have incredibly broad discretion about what they are allowed to ask you - far more than you the Guards would on the street. They can also refuse you entry for pretty much any reason they feel like. Borders are not fun places

Unless I’m wrong, the visa for the US comes with waivers on the right to privacy. I know there are other countries too with similar waivers. It’s not what happens in the airport that concerns me.

• Advertisement

Money. It was cheaper to transit through US than Asia. But that means ESTA and having to clear customs for a connecting flight :(

• Subscribers Posts: 41,519 ✭✭✭✭sydthebeat

Happy Christmas lads.

We're from a wide ranging spectrum of places, people and views, yet this place is always a good place to chat, slag, rib and generally accept Leinsters superiority....

I hope Santa comes to those who aren't naughty, or forgo a 19 point difference and look like rabbits in the spotlight

A happy Christmas and prosperous new year to all, and may all ex Leinster academy players be fruitful and multiply

• Registered Users Posts: 38 Ernie McCracken

As there is nothing on tonite, and the wife has gone out with her family without me, a recommendation to anyone who is not au fait to watching movies online, Allen Leech’s movie from 2021 “As luck would have it” is a great Christmas watch, bringing it home to these fair lands, and cameo from Gaeity schools Juliette Crosby as an Aussie, great watch!

Best xmass everyone.

Happy Christmas everyone.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 10,580 Mod ✭✭✭✭aloooof

Happy Christmas, all. First year in awhile Covid didn’t come up in conversation; taking that as a huge win, and mad how quickly you’d have forgotten about it all.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,443 ✭✭✭kuang1

I owe a debt to my "anonymous Internet friends".

That's you guys.

I'm not on social media... at all!

Boards is one of my primary sources of news, opinion and everything in between.

I will never agree with every single one of you all the time, but equally, I never expect any of you to agree with my notions every time either.

I look forward to another year of nodding, tsk-tsking, tututting and hell-yeahing to all of you beautiful, anonymous men and women on boards.

Please keep it up everyone.

Very grateful to you all. 🙏🏻

My dad got covid just before Christmas (he's fine) but understandably he didn't want to infect the whole family. Unfortunately for me it meant I had to cook the dinner for the first time ever with a day's notice. Went surprisingly well! Hot plates and hot gravy was the best advice

My other half broke her tibia last week. Currently the owner of a metal apparatus to hole her leg straight until her next surgery. At the hospital, they found a heart valve defect! Another surgery coming up!

When **** flies.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 26,753 Mod ✭✭✭✭Podge_irl

Better to find it this way rather than an abrupt issue! Best of luck to her

Advertisement