Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Things dat Trivyully Annoy You (part whatever) *MOD WARNING IN OP* NEW

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 25,297 ✭✭✭✭Strumms

my GP now charges 65 euros for an inpatient consultation, forgetting about medical card patients but if they have 12 cash paying paying patients a day, which in around 7 hours of actual work is nothing…an average of 60 patients a week…3900 euros cash revenue a week plus whatever they earn for medical cards.

Based on their charges…before medical cards…An average of 202,800 euros revenue per GP per annum yes, that’s taxed and various expenses to be factored in from light, heat, insurance, phone / internet, cleaners, surgery upkeep, security, equipment, PPE, IT, drugs etc… but 65 euros for 12 minutes or so of ‘expertise’ ?

bit of a racket now.. but post covid they are smart enough to know any criticism will be slow to reach the front pages. Or any pages.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,513 ✭✭✭✭Deja Boo

Just signed in to see an entire front page full of spam. Sites gone to pot.

PS5. Great bit of kit…. But…

1) the effort, detective work and leg work to get your hands on one = zzzzzzzzz

2) the price, around 600 euros per console and games… 80 euros. = zzzzzzzzz

I have the like for one, have the cash but i haven’t the time, patience, will or inclination to be rushing here, there and everywhere on receiving a Twitter update on where is stocking them…

im sure they have bundle offers but a console and 3 games 840 euros…. A large part of their market is kids and it’s enormous pressure to be putting on families…

when Sony were queried…The Jim Ryan fella at Sony said it was down to “ the global economic environment and inflation “.

im skeptical.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,503 ✭✭✭✭NIMAN

the fact that as soon as we see anything resembling cold weather, we get rubbish articles like this.

https://m.independent.ie/news/hot-drinks-and-horizontal-jogging-top-tips-on-surviving-the-big-chill-this-week-42204190.html

Then again, it is the Indo, and fluff pieces are their speciality.

How would we cope as a nation if we ever got proper cold weather. Its only going to be -3 for a couple of nights. You'd think it was the end of the world.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,460 ✭✭✭Sgt Hartman

I'd forgotten how disgusting Pepsi Max tastes. I only bought it because the self service coffee dispensers in the shop at work had only been turned on and were still going through their heating process.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 16,174 ✭✭✭✭whisky_galore

A video of Leo going viral, who cares?Footage of gay man being, well, gay. Stop the presses.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,941 ✭✭✭✭cj maxx

It seems there was an amazing full moon, and I completely missed it . Im not a fan of living in built up areas.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,732 ✭✭✭✭EmmetSpiceland

Mars is the one to try and catch tonight. It’s in opposition so great for viewing and will pass behind the moon in a lunar occultation.

“It is not blood that makes you Irish but a willingness to be part of the Irish nation” - Thomas Davis

• Registered Users Posts: 11,281 ✭✭✭✭castletownman

Being gay with a man that isn't his husband though (allegedly). Looks a few years younger than him too.

Extra-marital shenanigans be wrong no matter the orientation. If it was a married man with the same public profile shifting the face off a younger wan, the pitchfork brigade would hound him out of a job.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,597 ✭✭✭Mollyb60

After 5 days of trying, Boots "customer support" have just said they don't know why I can't checkout. Have I tried another browser? Or a different machine? (even though I said in my initial complaint email that I had tried 2 different browsers on 3 different machines). After that, tough.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 25,741 ✭✭✭✭breezy1985

People who don't reset the microwave timer and just stop it by leaving the door open.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,133 ✭✭✭✭iamwhoiam

The trousers I buy in M and S all the time are suddenly too long . I buy short and now are about two inches too long .Did I shrink ?

• Registered Users Posts: 16,174 ✭✭✭✭whisky_galore

Jesus.. who the fcuk cares? Not any of my or your business, is it?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,325 ✭✭✭SAMTALK

There’s a visitor to house down the street with a car reg i’d love. Its xxxx CJM. Not really but my real initials.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,780 ✭✭✭hoodie6029

Coffee in petrol stations measured in fluid oz.

Who the f outside of the US measures anything in fluid oz? Even our anti-metric system neighbours don’t do it!

I’ve no idea if 12 oz is big or small, my reusable cup has the capacity stamped in ml. This crap only started in the last few years but why!!??

The road to Hell is paved with good intentions.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,872 ✭✭✭Princess Calla

You obviously don't have children or managed to escape making baby bottles 🤣😂🤣

1 fluid oz is approx 30mls.

Are you Sherlock Holmes? Because I don’t. Nicely deduced 😀

If they put ml up as well I wouldn’t care.

As I am considering reporting this to Advertising Standard and NSAI, I should probably start another thread as this more than a trivial annoyance 😂

Nagging headache that won't go away... only for doc to say "take some anti-inflammatory pain killers" - yeah like I didn't think of that (rollseyes) tidbit of medical wisdom already.

After 3 weeks, it's settled down to a dull roar.... but it's still there, trivyully annoying me.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,654 ✭✭✭✭Dial Hard

The collective circle-jerk that goes on around a certain poster in a certain forum whenever there's a weather event. A poster I'm convinced has been trolling this entire website for years.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,798 ✭✭✭PsychoPete

I'd take Pepsi max over coke any day of the week

My GP’s surgery has now turned into a hospital.

im down there at 4.45 to get my next booster, and it’s organised chaos…. From a couple of receptionists they now have a reception / admin team of 5 in situ… from 4 doctors and a nurse and physiotherapist originally… there are now 6/7 doctors and multiple nurses… I arrive rushing and worrying I’m late but I’m just on time by 2 minutes … but I’ve a wait of 50 minutes from arriving on time to getting called for my booster….

What’s annoying is in the waiting area there are people who have brought friends or family with them… and who are not getting anything just ‘company’ ffs,,, therefore a young guy with a crutch ends up sitting in the window sill, others lean against the wall… “ I’ll be waiting for you “ is the message…to one auld wan… yeah ? kindly, wait in the fückin car so !

boosted though so happy days.

The contanst ads for Royal Match on zynga games

Neighbour (next door to my apartment) got a yippy chihuahua. I can't open the door, window, or make the slightest movement (no tv, music, talking on the phone, etc) without the little monster barking it's fool head off... She let's it out onto the patio for hours (near my bedroom window) to bark at every flying bird, leaf blowing in the wind, and passersby... When she leaves it home alone, the continual mournful howling does my head in... Neighbour encourages its disruptiive behaviour and thinks it's cute, cooing at her pet "awh, did you miss me?! (kiss, kiss) yes, yer my sweet little watch dog, aren't you baby?"

I love dogs, but this nonstop personal bark alarm (and it's owner) are pure nuisance. Pitbulls may be banned from certain apartment complexes, but chihuahuas should be at the top of the HELL NO list.

Post edited by Deja Boo on

• Registered Users Posts: 2,460 ✭✭✭Sgt Hartman

I honestly don't know what people find so good about Pepsi Max. The sweeteners in it left a dreadful aftertaste in my mouth

• Registered Users Posts: 13,166 ✭✭✭✭Purple Mountain

I was just about to type same reply, PC. Us mammies who gave a bottle to a wee bairn know fluid ounces in our sleep 😁

To thine own self be true

I recommend befriending the dog. A nice piece of steak should do the trick. Now, what to marinade it in…..

• Registered Users Posts: 32,634 ✭✭✭✭Graces7

I just nipped out to look and yes, huge and lovely.. but far too cold to enjoy moongazing!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,566 ✭✭✭Badly Drunk Boy

"Us mammies" or "US mammies"? 😉

My annoyance is my chest, which had cleared nicely but this morning is in bits again...😑

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement