Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Harry and Meghan - OP updated with Threadbanned Users 4/5/21

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,273 ✭✭✭xxxxxxl

I don’t think Anonymous Twitter screen shots are valid and they seem to make up most of the material so far

• Registered Users Posts: 1,661 ✭✭✭notAMember

Because she can wear her hair any way she wants? Duh.

Jaysus, I've no time for the pair of them, but that crap is exactly what they are actually on about. What do you expect, lip plates and a tribal dance ffs?

• Administrators, Politics Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,947 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Neyite

Honestly though, how are they supposed to get on with their lives. How is Harry supposed to earn a living, enough for protection? I don't think they should have done those interviews or Netflix but I can understand why.

There are plenty of jobs he could do - what jobs can't he apply for now that he's out of the royal family?

Money is no object to him after all so obtaining a university education should be fairly straightforward if he wanted it. It's not like he is so broke that his only option is working in Walmart.

The king of the Netherlands is a qualified pilot and keeps his licence active by flying for KLM airlines, and has done for 25 years, unhampered by hordes of paparazzi. Before Philip stepped down and the two lads were needed more, William worked for Anglesea Coast Guard didn't he? Princess Martha in Norway is a physiotherapist, Eugenie is director of an art gallery, and a plethora of European royals work as models, brand ambassadors, fashion and so on.

Even if they still wanted to stay in the industry, they could go into any less visible role behind the cameras if they wanted to.There is literally nothing bar his own ability to stop Harry becoming anything he wanted to be.

It's clear now that despite their protests and moaning about it, they are actively choosing these careers. Them pretending they had to do the Oprah interview or this "documentary" because they were broke is fooling nobody.

The digs at Will and Kate are cheap and mean. I read a piece where Harry said that the men in the family marry women who can't be themselves. That's very unfair to Kate and Sophie and it paints Meghan as a sort of truly authentic able to always be herself person. Human beings are far more complicated than that.

Then there was the bit about having Will and Kate over for dinner and the implication being that they were stuffy. Meghan is 'warm' and a 'hugger'. Experience has thought me that both of those speak nothing to a person's character. They certainly don't elevate one above another.

A truly dreadful pair and to think I had sympathy for her initially.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,277 ✭✭✭ceadaoin.

In a completely shocking turn of events, recollections once again vary..

• Registered Users Posts: 55,695 ✭✭✭✭walshb

So the RF are/were up to this crap? Utter tosh..they’re on about what?

Like I said: what exactly is their gripe with the world/RF?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,153 ✭✭✭TheRiverman

Good to see all the UK News channels obsessing over this ridiculous non event 🙄🙄🙄.

The big issue right from the start was never the RF, a family/institution 100s and 100s a years old, steeped in tradition and protocol.

It was Markle, who is utterly unsuited to a role in an institution like the RF. She is far more suited to the Kardashians, or some other celebrity driven attention seeking family/group. And here we are!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,290 ✭✭✭BruteStock

Im beginning to think Harry is a bit of a half-tard

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,277 ✭✭✭ceadaoin.

Taking the piss out of an eldery family member as soon as she is dead is such a good look. He looks a bit pissed off and confused for about a second at the start of that clip, like he knows that's not how it happened 🤔

• Registered Users Posts: 799 ✭✭✭Juran

Ok, sounds they need to earn their own money now, and they want to remain private (so they said). Sounds like they need $20+ million a year to fund their lifestyle, security, LA mansion, a fleet of people to manage their companies, their 'charities', their private affairs, etc. So netflix and Spare book will bring in over $100m. There is only so much they can sell, soon the world (and yanks) will have heard the story, seen the series, read the book, and all. In 5 years time, they will be running out of money ... what will they sell then ?

If I were them, I would have bought a modest house with the £20+ million he had in the bank from inheritence (Diana & Queen mother), and kept a very low profile. He will get another at least £10 million from the Queens will, if not more. In all, you could have a very luxury comfortable private life with all that.

Plus if he kept a low profile abroad, the British public I reckon wouldnt mind if he was given police protection when he visited family, or if his kids were given a few quid from Charles's private funds.

• Registered Users Posts: 40,145 ✭✭✭✭Boggles

It was Markle, who is utterly unsuited to a role in an institution like the RF

Yeah the bar is so high. Cut this ribbon, stand there. Shack hands. 😂

If I were them, I would have bought a modest house

I imagine he doesn't need your advice, the house has already doubled in value.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,046 ✭✭✭✭Leg End Reject

I won't be watching this drivel, but from what I've read here and the summary on the BBC it looks like same shite, different platform.

Harry seems to think he has married his mother, the little boy lost is in for a rude awakening and will have completely alienated himself when it happens.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,478 ✭✭✭valoren

I'm guessing this is one of the bits they wanted to cut out and was filmed before Liz died. Well done Netflix for keeping it in. The look of disdain on his face.

Yes, and she couldn’t even do that. She was always the problem. Not the institution she thought she could waltz into and run the show.

Why would anyone want to run the inbred racist clusterfúck?

Couldn't imagine either of them sanctioning 10s of millions of public money to pay off a family members "problem".

Takes a special kind to do that, heavy is the crown as they say!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,014 ✭✭✭Oscar_Madison

What’s the eye on the prize for H&M guys?

What’s their ultimate goal? OK short-term this suits (pun intended) Meaghan and raising her profile from a z list actress- but long term what’s this going to achieve and how will it impact on H&M and indeed the RF?

Besides loads a money, I’m actually confused- there has to be a bigger aim than just short term financial gain - RF will keep going, doing what it does best, which is middle Engerland garden parties, ribbon cuttings and pomp and ceremony as long as the Brits want that Empire type posturing, which given the world situation, will continue for some time.

I really don’t get it.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,078 ✭✭✭✭end of the road

and yet she exposed it for what it is didn't she.

absolutely the RF is the problem, meghan would be suited to a modernised version but the hangers on will never allow any modernisation.

charles is even going to have problems trying to drag it forward.

ticking a box on a form does not make you of a religion.

• Advertisement

A modern RF? And what would that look like and be? You’re takin the piss now!

One that doesn't racially abuse invited guests? 🤷‍♂️

• Registered Users Posts: 45,476 ✭✭✭✭Bobeagleburger

The RF are a historically bigoted institution. Anything that can help break them apart, or damage them in any way is good news.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,178 ✭✭✭Be right back

She really does comes across someone who respects nobody and nothing.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,177 ✭✭✭✭Purple Mountain

Haven't watched it yet but I will.

From comments online, it just seems to be another whinge fest, nothing new to see here.

I'll be very disappointed in the last 3 episodes if they don't address the confusion over when they got married or how their timeline for the alleged racist comments differed.

To thine own self be true

Meghan Markle is a pure psychopathic narcissist. There is nothing she won't do or say to expand her own personal wealth or status within society.

I'd go as far to say that the woman is evil.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,178 ✭✭✭Be right back

They seem to be confused about how they got engaged. First version they were at home, now it appears to be outside while he was kneeling on a blanket.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,657 ✭✭✭✭Strazdas

It's a valid enough point, but it was almost inevitable that a 'maverick' was going to marry a senior royal at some point and shake up the system - especially in the case of someone who didn't even grow up in the UK or the Commonwealth and had rarely even set foot in it.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,177 ✭✭✭✭Purple Mountain

I thought there was a roast chicken involved 😄

To thine own self be true

• Advertisement

Watched ep 1. Incredibly boring.

ep 2 more interesting.

Advertisement