Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

NEW 2022 Assistant Principal Competition - Open and Interdepartmental

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 34 Melloh

good stuff - i did a recent internal AP and didn't make the grade on numerical and that precluded me from moving on. At least we just need to pass this and our OOM comes from the other 2 tests which typically for me are my best ones.

fingers crossed for you now. great to get them done. i just did familiarisation ones there and straight forward enough. Hoping to do mine tomorrow AM

• Registered Users Posts: 3 batmansmom

The math on the JobTestPrep (for me) is awful. I'm keeping my fingers crossed that these are much easier. Hope to do the tests on Sunday. Good Luck to everyone.

• Registered Users Posts: 5 Mullenmore

Whew, I’m relieved to read that the numerical test is easier - those job test prep questions were awful. I’m planning to do all 3 tomorrow- I’m fed up practicing now and I want to relax this weekend.

Good luck to you all and thank you for this thread - it’s been a great help.

• Registered Users Posts: 85 ✭✭Swilly22

Best of luck everyone. I'm going to do all 3 in one sitting over the weekend whenever I can get everyone out of the house. Glad to hear all seemed ok for those who completed it already. Just want it over and done with now.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 66 ✭✭Curranjo

the job test prep questions were similar enough to the AP Comp from last year. Extremely hard. Luckily this year, they are no where near as difficult

• Registered Users Posts: 66 ✭✭Curranjo

unfortunately for me, numbers is usually my strong point compared to verbal. Wish they included numerical in the scoring for stage 2

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,918 ✭✭✭billyhead

Likewise. Numerical was always my best performing test.

• Registered Users Posts: 923 ✭✭✭furrybones

Just finished all 3 so I can put them out of my head now. In the last campaign I did, I fell down on the numerical too - I always thought it was my strong point 🤷‍♀️ I found the verbal reasoning and SJT okay, but you never know with these things. TBH I only applied for the experience, I don't expect to get any further. It is what it is now.

Best of luck to everyone ☘️

"Success is not final, failure is not fatal. It is the courage to continue that counts"

just did my 3 there - i think im resigned to the fact that im terrible at numeracy ones now - no idea what happens to me - lets hope i made the passing mark. The others seemed ok i think. Anyway all done so happy to forget about them.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 93 ✭✭Karlos77

The room verification prior to each test was stressful how did everyone find that..i'm still wondeting did i verify the room correctly ..load of b@lls

I think I went overkill but I was so stressed out that I didn't do it properly. Every time I passed the monitor everything around it went dark so I'd spend extra time there while the camera adjusted. They can't say I didn't do the 15 seconds on each area anyway 🤪

"Success is not final, failure is not fatal. It is the courage to continue that counts"

Jesus i didnt know what the camera view was like ...is it a physcometric test or dermot bannon show room to improve christ

🤣🤣🤣

I was like up the wall, down the wall the whole way around the room.... and under the desk... then up and across the wall in front me, then back to the left and right. It was more stressful than the tests themselves.

Ha I'd say we all wont make the oscars with our filming

I'd rather go into abbey street and do them in person

• Registered Users Posts: 164 ✭✭EO2019

I don’t have a laptop i’ve a all in one pic and it was heavy 😩 I was out of breath by the time I started each test!

• Registered Users Posts: 4 Smally17

Just done.

Numerical was crazy easy, verbal I thought was grand. Situational judgement however was a bit tough I found but hoping I did well in it

• Registered Users Posts: 41 DonutLike

All finished now.

I found the numerical and verbal reasoning ok. The SJ was the toughest for me this time.

Time will tell - I’m hoping to know pass or fail by 20th 🤞🏻

• Registered Users Posts: 15 Loz Ella

JobTestPrep have jacked up their prices - must have noticed the competition was on. Went from €46 for 1 week last week to €94 for 1 week now.

oh wow, I just had a look! One month is now €106

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 83 ✭✭witty_name

Just finished! Found numerical much easier than the prep tests, and verbal slightly harder. I never have any idea how SJ goes, time will tell.

Only advice I have is to use a bigger laptop screen if you have the option - saves a lot of annoying scrolling, and to factor in that the actual tests are nearly twice as long as the test ones! I found my concentration waning a bit!

Anyone have any idea when the results will be out?

I was the same! Some of them were so long it was hard to follow them.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,049 ✭✭✭gazzer

Just finished the tests. The numerical was VERY easy imo. Verbal was OK also. I'd been getting around 20 out of 30 right in the practice tests so hopefully I make the cut for that.

Job one was ok. Its so hard to know which way to rank the options. I didn't find any where I marked it as the worst worst option. Some of them I gave the same ranking too.

Anyway, its done now. Best of luck to everyone who has yet to do the test.

• Registered Users Posts: 60 ✭✭agnena

The numerical was really very easy, especially in comparison to the last year's. For the SJ I wish I had more time to consider the options, as some of them were really tricky. As always, it's hard to tell which way it's going to go.

I still have verbal to do. I am trying to space out the tests :) plus I need to practice this one more. Although it would be nice to just get rid of them all in one go.

• Registered Users Posts: 85 ✭✭Swilly22

All done, such a relief! Not as bad as i thought at all. Numerical so much better than prep test but i ran out of time. I also forgot to camera scan under my desk for the first one 🙈 Raging with myself. Only applied for the experience so even if thats me out, I'll feel much more comfortable next time. Good luck to you all!

• Registered Users Posts: 179 ✭✭Board.surf

Took the AP tests today. Hadnt anticipated being so nervous before the first one and i went blank while moving the laptop around :( certainly didn't the it in order of what they said and also may not have done 15 seconds. Totally my own fault

I'll be so annoyed with myself if this messes it up on me as last year i picked a regional county and got no offer even though ranked decent. I think my tests this year went better.

Just as feedback for others, I ran out of time last year and had 5 to 10 minutes left for each on this years tests. I've kids and a busy job so did no prep and have never used any of those prep packets. I'm fairly average on these subject areas.

I wish you all well, and don't stress or overthink it. Do it, then forget about it until you receive the follow up email.

• Registered Users Posts: 1 Ladolcevita

Hi Folks,

I paid for the JobTestPrep pack but it hasnt showed up on account. I'd say I wont get anything back from them today as it's a Sunday.

If anyone has an account that I could use PM me, would be willing to pay!

Best of luck to everyone taking the tests.

• Registered Users Posts: 162 ✭✭res1

I have just emailed JobTestPrep because I was unable to access Numerical and they have sorted the problem. If you have paid like I did for the subscription for the week you should be getting the service you have paid for.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 36 lemma

I have just finished if anyone is still having issues with the paid package wants my log in on jobtestprep, for some last minute studying..

Dont worry about maths as the real one is a lot easier

Advertisement