Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Amazon

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,097 ✭✭✭dam099

It does say that in the results if you do a search but have you tried adding to basket while logged in with an Irish address? 😞 As soon as I try to get the not available for delivery to your address text (for ones sold or fulfilled by Amazon).

• Registered Users Posts: 15,897 ✭✭✭✭Discodog

You're right. I get the same. So what the hell is the point of the heading ?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,540 ✭✭✭dohouch

Amazon give me a product return address in Slovakia. An Post won't take on a package that includes a battery.

I have 2 faulty fit bands to return, weight 100 grams,

How to get it back to them?

Anybody had this experience and solved it.

DPD quoted €39.

We're not suffering, only complaining 😞

• Registered Users Posts: 393 ✭✭PreCocious

Had similar with a Kindle. Sent it via UPS who picked it up from home. Amazon paid for the shipping. It was delayed en-route, was out for delivery and then seemed to be lost. After a week or so it was delivered. A pain in the neck and not as smooth as when stuff used to back to Portlaoise.

Yeah, now how to get Amazon to reinstate Portlaoise returns 🧐?

If

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 173 ✭✭TheRover

I'm returning a mouse to amazon (supposedly like new but had some damage underneath) and I got a label to ship it back to Portlaoise. So far so good.

But... why do they give you 4 pages to print?

It's the label to put on the box with the Amazon Portlaoise address

It's the bar code to drop inside the box

It's 2 "commercial invoices" for...some reason? What's An Post going to do with those?!

• Registered Users Posts: 115 ✭✭MaxPayneXL

Samsung Uk and Samsung Ireland are offering 300 euro cash back on certain TV's etc. So if I buy a samsung product from Amazon UK, would I be able to claim the 300 euro cash back offer as I live in Ireland? Link below. Any experince with this?

https://2021.samsungpromotions.claims/20_days_of_christmas/en-GB/qualifying

• Registered Users Posts: 46,095 ✭✭✭✭muffler

• Registered Users Posts: 905 ✭✭✭xboxdad

I'm getting my 1st item delivered straight from Ireland!

It's a women's bag.

I ordered two of these yesterday evening, in two separate orders.

Interestingly, one will arrive from Ireland today (yes, that fast!) and the other will arrive on the 14th of December (not sure from where yet - sold by Amazon item)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,237 ✭✭✭Markus Antonius

I made a post a few pages back relating to a camera I purchased from Amazon in which UK VAT (which should have been removed) was charged with a further 23% of Irish VAT added on top of this.

Not willing to accept this added cost (over €400) I returned the camera (completely unopened and within the 14 days). Amazon only refunded the cost+UK VAT but are refusing to refund the Import fees deposit (Irish VAT). So now I am down £368.

I contacted eComm Charge Query (Irish customs) over two weeks ago but haven't heard back from them yet.

I would imagine for most people the import fees deposit wouldn't be so much that they would try and claw it back, but for over €400 worth I have to do something, even if it means making a small claims action against Amazon. Any advice would be appreciated.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,906 ✭✭✭Mr Crispy

Can't offer any advice, but wish you much luck!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,460 ✭✭✭jogdish

Have a package from Amazon that has been saying 'Package departed an Amazon facility

Lauwin-Planque, Hauts-de-France FR"

That was the second of December, then nothing - is this common? is there a stike somwwhere holding things up? I know I can get a refund, but its more the timing of getting the item.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,711 ✭✭✭✭Jim_Hodge

I always found anything coming from France took longer than expected.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,994 ✭✭✭KilOit

Nothing but a vent but I ordered a phone a month ago on Amazon with an early Black Friday deal on the 19th Nov, finally shipped on 5th Dec and showed as out for delivery on 6th Dec at 11:06am and delivered at 4:12pm (Delivered to safe place) I was home and no parcel arrived, nothing on both camera's either, didn't even see a delivery van on the road.

I'm so annoyed about this and a refund doesn't cut it as this was an important gift for someone and I held out for 3 weeks for delivery. Now the phone is more expensive and it's not in stock on Amazon.

Where is the phone? an untrusty neighbor? a light-fingered delivery driver? I want answers and a replacement, not a refund

• Registered Users Posts: 46,095 ✭✭✭✭muffler

Whatever you're looking for you won't find it here. What did Amazon say? You did contact them?

My msg was more directed to Amazon and just info for here, not looking for answers.

Amazon just give the usual spiel, spoke with a supervisor as well, and just told me to rebuy it even though it's way more expensive now

• Registered Users Posts: 3,837 ✭✭✭NewbridgeIR

Happened me last month with this - https://www.discogs.com/release/25134382-Various-Life-Moves-Pretty-Fast-The-John-Hughes-Mixtapes

Amazon couldn't provide a satisfactory explanation - I tried multiple neighbours houses and another in the next estate with the same road name. No joy. They did issue a replacement free of charge which arrived safely.

Buying on Amazon for 10 years or so and never had something say it was delivered and I have not received it, yes I had items dropped into neighbors but it said so on the tracking history. I can see the road on my camera, but the driver wasn't on my road. I just think some piece of **** person in my local area got it and opened it up to a brand new pixel 7 phone. Wasn't even for me, was a gift

• Registered Users Posts: 6,781 ✭✭✭The Continental Op

It could have been in its retail packaging with just an address label on it so really obvious for anyone wanting to steal it. I've complained to CS and all they say is that you need to choose additional packaging at the check out if you don't want it know whats being sent. However that option seems to have vanished so if it was in its retail packaging it really is amazons fault.

Wake me up when it's all over.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,117 ✭✭✭✭Caranica

My default is Amazon packaging but about 50% of stuff arrives in retail packaging. So annoying

• Advertisement

I can't agree. I get about 2 Amazon deliveries a month and only 1 in the past 3 years wasn't in Amazon packaging.

But the few ones I've had in retail packaging have been the problematic ones. One was a motherboard and the box wasn't even sealed so the motherboard arrived but the rest of the contents had fallen out. Most if not all larger retail boxes that Amazon have sent with no other packaging have had me worried at the gate when the postman dropped them off as they have all be damaged, last one I nearly refused but postie waited while I checked it and all was OK.

But why then did they send me a small pack of ferrite cores (about the size of an paracetamol box) in a bloody great box that you could have fitted 5 large shoe boxes inside?

There is no common sense or consistency. If its an expensive small item it makes sense to conceal the retail packaging.

I was really just responding to the assertion that 50% comes in retail packaging. Which is blatantly untrue.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,117 ✭✭✭✭Caranica

I said my deliveries. Which is true of MY deliveries. Nothing blatantly untrue about my experience!!!

Was just browsing the 2 sites and once looking closer , no delivery to selected address, Is it just Kerry 🥴 or is it the whole Republic?🤔

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Help & Feedback Category Moderators Posts: 25,300 CMod ✭✭✭✭Spear

There's lots of restrictions on shipping anything with significant amounts of lithium due to the fire hazard. Did these power banks use lithium-ion batteries?

@Spear , "Did these power banks use lithium-ion batteries?"

Yes. Well I was looking for bigger power -banks, 10,000mAh plus.

Just checked Amazon UK will still send me a phone.

Am in dispute with Amazon at the moment concerning 2X Fit bands that I can't return without paying DPD €39, which is equal to the price of 1 Fit band.

HELP!.

Will this all end with Amazon refusing to send any battery containing items to ROI?

Amazon/An Post delivery status seems to be under pressure.

Had An Post delivery at lunchtime which is still showing as

Customs clearance delay.

DUBLIN PARCEL HUB, IE

Edit> And 3 hours after delivery I've had an email update to say

We wanted to let you know that due to a delay in delivery, your Amazon order XXXXX may arrive one to two business days later than expected.

Post edited by The Continental Op on

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 14,910 Mod ✭✭✭✭whiterebel

Have you tried UPS? They are normally about €12 to the UK, and take batteries on their standard service

• Advertisement

@whiterebel , "Have you tried UPS? They are normally about €12 to the UK, and take batteries on their standard service"

Ah the joys of buying on Amazon DE. 🫣 My return label for my Fitbands is Slovakia. Not sure if I tried Amazon UK, first, but will from now on. Must be simpler to get stuff back to UK🙄

Advertisement