Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Colder this week, some wintry/snow showers, widespread frost and ice.

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 215 ✭✭brianthomas

They are (or at least were) planning to start gritting around 5am tomorrow. Neighbour of mine does it

Clondalkin in Dublin

• Registered Users Posts: 742 ✭✭✭goose06

D12

• Registered Users Posts: 15,269 ✭✭✭✭stephenjmcd

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 17,978 Mod ✭✭✭✭DOCARCH

More sleety rain in Greystones now.

• Registered Users Posts: 7 craicdood

Ballycullen, heavy at first but went back to moderate. Sticking easily. Roads have a good pasting but seems to be turning to rain 100m asl.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 67 ✭✭EMPotatohands

Woke my kid up for half an hour in the snow her pals next door were out too, she’s absolutely delighted 😁 ❄️

• Registered Users Posts: 2,677 ✭✭✭Rougies

The models picked this up about 48 hours ago right? I remember you posting charts and thinking "nahhh, way to far out."

Kinda incredible really.

Snowed away for a while north wicklow / south dublin, basically sea level, anything that stuck is gone now. Grounds soaked from it so I'd imagine the morning will be a bit iffy with the black ice

• Registered Users Posts: 3,646 ✭✭✭dasdog

Hasn't really stopped in D14

• Registered Users Posts: 2,015 ✭✭✭John.Icy

Some very decent coverings there.

After a good start, this fizzled out for my area. Doesn't really bode well for over the weekend as the cold pool won't exactly deepen so any switchbacks in the wind to more NE'rly Sat/Sun probably won't fall in my favour again, especially seeing as we had offshore winds tonight which gave us the best chance - though it was a close thing!

Drizzly rain continuing here in D9, occasionally turns to something more wintry but the sticking snow has passed, for now.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 11,975 Mod ✭✭✭✭Meteorite58

A right mix of wintry conditions over the next few days . Snow showers , freezing rain, hail , some isolated thunderstorms possible tomorrow into Sat, fog and freezing fog becoming more evident inland.

Went down to -1.9C here near Tralee tonight and paths are icy around the house being still damp after this mornings rain and fog. I see rain is expected here again early tomorrow morning but might be able to get to school and work before it arrives, an early commute before the traffic starts I reckon.

With the low day time temperatures roads will only get worse over the coming days, talking to a bus driver that got a skid today and he saw a truck skid too, got away without damage so lucky.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,256 ✭✭✭Kaisr Sose

Very wet snow in Stepaside. Much warmer than earlier. Clearing sky now to make it nice and crunchy for the morning.

• Registered Users Posts: 152 ✭✭jds0ur

Snowing now in swords

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 11,975 Mod ✭✭✭✭Meteorite58

Yeah they were spot on with timing too, impressive.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,070 ✭✭✭DellyBelly

One of the best summers in Dublin ever and now snow here as well....Dublin feeling very European these days....

• Registered Users Posts: 2,074 ✭✭✭kittensmittens

Flakes the size of dinner plates fell here in D24. Was glorious 🙌

Really heavy shower around 10.30 and left a decent covering. Stopped the last 10 minutes or so

Raining away now unfortunately as I've arrived back into Bray. Slim margins, 10 mins up the road slightly higher they've had a decent covering

• Registered Users Posts: 1,985 ✭✭✭BLIZZARD7

I'm closer than that to the coast and also have a decent covering, I'm D14 side of UCD so usually fairly exposed to the sea effects vs further inland Dublin. A mix of snow and graupel here, the snow is fairly wet but stuck to every surface. Back to just a few flakes falling now.

Very impressed with the high-res models, will be keeping a close eye on them for streamer potential.

Great start to the cold spell anyway! I would say it bodes well for the weekend/next week.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,913 ✭✭✭Danno

Latest Buoy Reports - Met Éireann - The Irish Meteorological Service Online

At 10pm the M2 Buoy is reporting winds backing more towards the northeast, bodes well for more of the east coast. It was 13deg at 9pm, then 33deg.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,531 ✭✭✭Gusser09

Great to see snow even just for the hour or so. Nice to look out at.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,707 ✭✭✭John_Rambo

Sheetty late nineties Russian dash cam weather here in Dublin Bay. Crap sleet & muck.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,074 ✭✭✭kittensmittens

Heavy again now in D24!

Proper decent flakes, going to be an interesting drive in the morning 😁

Sky overhead is full of snow as well so I'd imagine more to come

• Registered Users Posts: 8,913 ✭✭✭Danno

Oh! These are pushing inland a bit now fingers crossed 🤞 they stay going!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,323 ✭✭✭arctictree

Snowing heavily here now a few km east of Roundwood. Temp up to -0.3c. Looks like we caught a streamer as the radar is empty a few km south.

• Registered Users Posts: 614 ✭✭✭random_banter

A magical hour of snowfall in Stillorgan. Huge flakes. The inner child had a great time.

The adult in me is not looking forward to the early start and 5 hour drive ahead of me tomorrow morning down south, my car is not really suitable for ice and snow conditions. Praying the gritting is done well.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,531 ✭✭✭Gusser09

• Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators Posts: 23,989 Mod ✭✭✭✭Clareman

I'm always amazed of the difference in a hundred miles.

Absolutely lovely here in Clare, bit cold but nothing major.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,181 ✭✭✭✭JCX BXC

I bet there are a few posters avidly avoiding boards right now!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,256 ✭✭✭Kaisr Sose

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 24,185 ✭✭✭✭Larbre34

What?

There will be about 2 cms of lying snow in Dublin and Kildare and dry and frosty on gritted roads beyond that.

Nobody should be changing any journey plans tomorrow, just leave some extra time to allow for the generally poor standard of driving in poor weather in Ireland.

Come to think of it, its poor in good weather too.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement