Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Colder this week, some wintry/snow showers, widespread frost and ice.

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 17,978 Mod ✭✭✭✭DOCARCH

Mount Dillon reporting -7c at 0800.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,761 ✭✭✭Knine

It is minus 3 here in Dublin 15. Went out to let the dogs out & found a poor Robin in a sorry state.

He did take some food & 15 minutes later he was back to life.

Don't forget to feed the birds!

• Registered Users Posts: 513 ✭✭✭gerrybhoy

The roads are dead, probably the quickest I have got from Castleknock to Coolock by bus ,the pathways in and around the industrial estate are treacherous though

• Registered Users Posts: 1,767 ✭✭✭mumo3

Couldn’t do the school run this morning car door still frozen shut at 8am…. Luckily I don’t have to leave for work until after sunrise so might make a difference, but the main road outside looks lethal!!

my phone is showing -2 here in Clondalkin

• Registered Users Posts: 260 ✭✭ascophyllum

First frozen morning in West Mayo since maybe February or March 2021? Can't even remember, mad that we didn't have a single icy day last winter.

Lovely to see everywhere glistening and the moonlight this morning making it even more special

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,685 ✭✭✭SleetAndSnow

-3 in cork city this morning, everything white with frost, including the flowers that has bloomed again due to November's heat, they must be in shock!

Love all the photos from Dublin!

• Registered Users Posts: 9,403 ✭✭✭Cluedo Monopoly

Car showing -2 in Galway. Roads are ok.

What are they doing in the Hyacinth House?

• Registered Users Posts: 10,484 ✭✭✭✭greenspurs

-2deg here in Sth Kilkenny at 7.30 this morning - no snow , but frosty. Another beautiful fab crisp morning.

"Bright lights and Thunder .................... " #NoPopcorn

• Registered Users Posts: 9,403 ✭✭✭Cluedo Monopoly

Feed the poor birds!

What are they doing in the Hyacinth House?

• Registered Users Posts: 10,846 ✭✭✭✭Jim_Hodge

North East. 8am. -1c with 14kmh breeze. A fabulously clear blue sky. Nothing a good coat and hat can't cope with. Nice walking weather.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 18,135 ✭✭✭✭VinLieger

Roads are terrible in south dublin at the moment, id expect them to get better throughout the day with traffic but had several skids on the school drop.

Awful horrible weather. Dangerous and inconvenience. I visit a disabled friend in Mayo every week, now he will see no one

• Registered Users Posts: 2,232 ✭✭✭waterwelly

It's not dangerous once people act responsibly.

It's fairly dry and bright, is your friend snowed in or something that nobody can visit him?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,809 ✭✭✭SouthWesterly

It hit - 5 in North kerry. At 8am it was -1.

A light sprinkling of white on the top of slieve mish

• Registered Users Posts: 18,180 ✭✭✭✭JCX BXC

I love how on one hand, some are complaining this this is normal weather and we shouldn't even be discussing it, others are saying it's so dangerous they can't leave the house!

The mind boggles.

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 17,978 Mod ✭✭✭✭DOCARCH

Mod Note: Quite a few WUMs in here this morning. Cut it out!

• Registered Users Posts: 18,180 ✭✭✭✭JCX BXC

Thick freezing fog in Galway City this morning with a hard freeze.

Love it!

• Registered Users Posts: 21,932 ✭✭✭✭Mam of 4

No snow here in Portlaoise, but it is scenic, everywhere frozen over, the frost crunching underfoot. Love this weather ❄️🌨️🌨️

• Registered Users Posts: 3,388 ✭✭✭sjb25

I drive for a job iv been on night shift driving all night last night and have just done school run driving with no issue at all slow down and take your time youl be fine

• Registered Users Posts: 1,488 ✭✭✭KildareP

-6C in the car this morning, North Kildare at 7AM.

Highest it got on the whole way to Castleknock was -3C.

Very little traffic out on the roads, most of the roads were grand bar a few spots behind Collinstown and Confey and again coming into Castleknock. Everyone taking it handy.

Watching the sun rise over the frost and snow covered fields though - there is something spectacular about it. Wouldn't mind a few more commutes like that this winter!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 521 ✭✭✭Bargain_Hound

-4 D15

• Registered Users Posts: 32,634 ✭✭✭✭Graces7

The roads will be very variable. In remote rural areas where there is no gritting etc ? It really is different for everyone. And up to each to decide responsibly. So please! Some love this weather; others find it hard. That is fine.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,361 ✭✭✭PokeHerKing

-3 in Dublin 24. Beautiful day out, all you could ask for now would be a conveyer belt of irish sea streamers. Surely that's not asking a lot!

• Registered Users Posts: 22,425 ✭✭✭✭Akrasia

-5 on the car thermometer this morning. Got the ice scraper out and my daughter decided she wanted to help and knocked out the wing mirror glass 🤣

Luckily I managed to pop it back in, no harm done

Can people please get a physical ice scraper for clearing ice off their windows? Loads of people around here are pouring hot water over their windows and windscreen to clear them. Problem is that leaves pools of water on the ground which then re-freeze and are a hazard (there's also the chance yoiu might crack your glass)

Its especially dangerous if you park your car on a public footpath

• Registered Users Posts: 6,854 ✭✭✭CrowdedHouse

A relatively benign low of -2.7’C near Roscrea. I'm putting it down to the fog which has been hanging around for the last couple of days.

My other PWS in Oranmore had a low of -4’C

Seven Worlds will Collide

• Registered Users Posts: 32,634 ✭✭✭✭Graces7

I know.. The narrow lanes in remote parts of Mayo are very tough going and gritting will take time out here. Can you phone your friend at least? He will understand.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,135 ✭✭✭✭VinLieger

I saw no gritting in south Dublin when I was out this morning tbh

• Registered Users Posts: 6,081 ✭✭✭OldRio

Roads lethal in rural Leitrim. Main roads (There are not that many) gritted of course but getting to them is tricky. Nice and slow is the way.

It's a 3 hours drive in good weather. Rain last night in Mayo and then frozen!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 22,425 ✭✭✭✭Akrasia

Might want to pick up a can of De-Icer today when you're out and about. But if you have one and it's locked in your boot it's not much use.

If you're near to your house door, you can use a hair dryer to melt ice around the lock and door seals

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement