Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Marks & Spencer - eur stg

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,707 ✭✭✭uli84

Tesco is even worse 2.50£ is 4.50€ for them :/

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,297 ✭✭✭walterking

On Tesco it's the odd item and there may be some reason for it including a local distributor with their costs.

With marks and Spencer it is store wide on all clothing with an average of €1.5 per £1 stg.

Paddy Tax

• Registered Users Posts: 21 Mal Bec

Has always been like this. I bought a cheap pair of shoes in Dunnes a few years ago. 25 Euros here but £15 in the North.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 73,477 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

There are twice as many M&S stores in Manchester than there are in ROI. There are approx 90 times as many stores in the UK.

I wouldn’t just assume their cost base is the same. I’d imagine distribution and warehousing costs are drastically different given how the stores are few and far between here.

The ROI operation would have to make profit to be viable and companies exist to make profit.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,297 ✭✭✭walterking

Distribution and warehousing does NOT cost 25%+ of goods.

It is pure Paddy Tax by M&S. TK Maxx have Paddy Tax too

Next don't charge Paddy Tax - so if Next can operate profitable here without gouging customers, why can't M&S?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,298 ✭✭✭✭gmisk

Next do gouge customers here though...just compare the prices in general on their website euro versus pound

Advertisement