Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Leinster Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread XII (The Byrne Supremacy)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,581 ✭✭✭Dubinusa

Yep! It's going to be tough. Discipline will be key

• Subscribers Posts: 41,625 ✭✭✭✭sydthebeat

Their backline posses far more x-factor than ours.

pffttt

give me our backline any day.

Flaky Finn wont get the arm chair ride he usually gets in the Top 14, and we all know how loose he is when hes got at. Odds at a ringrose intercept try?

Christian wade is the worst of the 4 wings on show and i hope we engineer as much 1 on 1s between Lowe and him as possible because Lowe will drive him into the dirt every time. Saili at 13 doesnt pose the outside threat he once did, and again id take both our centers ahead of him.

Fikou is the one back id definitely have in our ranks, and imhoff is a deadly winger, though theres a lot of years in those legs at this stage.

from the bench gilbert is covering 9 and 10 and klemenczak is covering the rest.

If leinster stay calm i can see them winning by one score, like 17 - 22 or something

• Registered Users Posts: 17,172 ✭✭✭✭Clegg

The teams flight was delayed by 5 hours. Not ideal preparation for the game.

It's going to be around 3 or 4 degrees at kick off tomorrow in Le Havre, so hopefully our heavier pack can assert themselves. I'm really hoping its one of those days where we get at Finn Russell early on via a few big carries by Josh and Caelan, and he decides its one of those days where he's not arsed.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,920 ✭✭✭✭stephen_n

5 hour delay for take off. Got to La Harvre and couldn’t land. Circled for an hour and then headed to Paris will be a 2 1/2 hour bus journey now back to La Harvre. No captains run or prep for the team today.

Post edited by stephen_n on

• Advertisement

Biblical journey to LeHarve! Awful start.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,952 ✭✭✭TRC10

This is dependent on us getting dominance (or even parity) up front. But that's been our downfall in each of the last 4 seasons. Ulster's pack dominated us for 40 minutes last week. If the Racing pack get on the front foot (and I fear they might) we're in for a long day, particularly given how bad our discipline is. And our bench isn't exactly outstanding either.

Last season was a huge missed opportunity. I can't see us getting a better chance than that for many years. It will be far more difficult this season with Saracens back and the addition of the South African sides.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,762 ✭✭✭✭molloyjh

Ulster absolutely did not dominate us up front for 40 mins. We were the better team in the opening 20 mins but Ulster stuck with us and held on well. They got their tails up for 10-15 mins after the card but that was it.

Have to disagree. I think we were really struggling to get over the gainline and were making lots of errors even before the red card.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 10,599 Mod ✭✭✭✭aloooof

Last season was a huge missed opportunity. I can't see us getting a better chance than that for many years.

Many years? That seems excessive to me. Ye are favourites for Europe this season and while losing Sexton and Lancaster will be huge, Leinster are as equipped as any team to handle that.

It will be far more difficult this season with Saracens back and the addition of the South African sides.

Is this the same South African sides that this time last season you were saying adding nothing to the URC, just 4 more sh*t teams?

• Advertisement

How could anyone look at the first 20 minutes of that game and think Ulster dominated us up front in any way.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,762 ✭✭✭✭molloyjh

There is a very big difference between us struggling to make gain line and being dominated. Like I said, they stayed with us fairly well. We were the better team and were winning the physical battle, just not by much. And not by enough to get ahead on the score board. That isn’t the same as us being dominated at all. We were not. They had a purple patch that lasted about 15 mins and other than that we were the better team and were winning the physical battle.

Is this the same South African sides that this time last season you were saying adding nothing to the URC, just 4 more sh*t teams?

Yep. Those would be the ones.

It wouldn't surprise me if a S.A side wins Europe.

It's super rugby's loss! Our league is so much tougher and better.

Leinster have a poxy fixture without 3 key players. The loss of Henshaw and Furlong is disastrous. Not feeling good about this one.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,106 ✭✭✭✭Interested Observer

Pitch is in good condition but looks very small.

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 35,472 Mod ✭✭✭✭pickarooney

Is it not just far away?

Great start. Hopefully Racing are as indisciplined as this for the rest of the game.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,755 ✭✭✭✭Burkie1203

5 pens in 6 min. Should be a card

• Registered Users Posts: 12,651 ✭✭✭✭AdamD

No shot Racing are legal there

• Advertisement

Counter rucked three times already, luckily in the same area of the pitch.

Racing have done excellently at the counter ruck. Think they've stolen 3 from Leinster there.

That's 4 now.

"That's a tackle!"

Defenders release, VDF runs on with the ball...

• Registered Users Posts: 6,205 ✭✭✭crisco10

when we croc roll the racing man onto our side, they counter ruck. And then we struggle to get men thru the gate with the previously croc rolled body in the way

• Registered Users Posts: 12,034 ✭✭✭✭Exclamation Marc

I think Finn Russell's big hit was high. French director doesn't replay it.

How is this still a thing.

the lack of replay shows me it was high. If it was legal we would have seen it 10 times. Big hit from a 10 on an 8 is box office

Awful rugby from Leinster. They weren't making metres with the forward carries, refused to use the backs and then knocked on. This is when they had a man advantage as well.

• Advertisement

Why does the TMO need the director, do they not have footage on hand?

BOD pretending he wanted to see a great tackle from Russell again!

Advertisement