Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Applegreen own brand chargers

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,806 ✭✭✭✭the_amazing_raisin

4 units for 8 cars or, or 2 units for 4 cars?

So far all the Applegreen units have been capable of charging 2 cars at once so they'll probably continue with that plan

Looks like a good setup, but that close to the shop the spaces are guaranteed to be ICED all the time

Hopefully with AG using long cables you could still get the cable to reach and block any ICE cars into the space 😂

"The internet never fails to misremember" - Sebastian Ruiz, aka Frost

Does anyone know when the 4 new chargers at M4 Enfield westbound will be ready.

I pulled in there Tuesday evening on the way back from Dublin with enough to get to Kinnegad. 1 car was charging ccs2. The guy was at 68% and wanted to get to 80%.

The 22kw charger was cable tied to the machine. The chademo was untied but I don't think they can be used together.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,392 ✭✭✭CH3OH

Just a question

I have used the ESB fast charger at applegreen Coynes cross on a number of occassions and get a charge speed of 250 to 300 km per hour.

On Friday I used the new Applegreen charger which is labelled 180 kw

Car was at 55%

Took me over an hour to get 17kw seemed to be charging at around 120 km/ hour

I thought that it would have charged much quicker

Post edited by CH3OH on

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,854 ✭✭✭zg3409

Not my pic, not confirmed, possibly 4 pillars so 8 cars.

In terms of timelines it's probably up to esb networks to connect power to these units and in general they have waiting lists, and even longer waiting lists if a new substation needs to be built including planning permission.

• Advertisement

I'll see if I can take a look later this week. 8 cars at once would be an excellent setup, and really fix a lot of the issues coming down the M1 from NI

Between that and the new Maxol hub in Kinnegad, bringing an EV to NI is suddenly looking a lot easier

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 8,051 Mod ✭✭✭✭liamog

Not sure if this was shared before, but for those looking for the website instead of app.

https://driver.applegreenelectric.com/

Rathcoole bagged up

• Registered Users Posts: 1,131 ✭✭✭spakman

And that's separate to a bigger charging station and cafe they have planned for unused ground on the same site.

Was there a planning application lodged for that a few months ago? I'm sure a remember something for that site

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,131 ✭✭✭spakman

Yeah, status was 'Additional information requested' last I saw

A lot of the planning links or references are shown on plugshare app. I tend to put up "coming soon" sites as soon as something is known. Someone else put up a lot of not yet completed sites based on planning noticed.

M1 motorway services southbound at lusk one baggie for Xmas. (taken from Facebook)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,393 ✭✭✭Fingleberries

A Christmas Miracle!! Could it actually mean the end of the Single Point of Failure at the M1 Lusk service stations?

Nah, I'm willing to bet ESBN stopped commissioning new grid connections at the start of December, so that'll probably delay it

Lusk southbound today. Not much progress but diggers there so may continue soon. Not my photo

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 8,051 Mod ✭✭✭✭liamog

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,393 ✭✭✭Fingleberries

Applegreen M1 Lusk Northbound also in progress. Looks like only one charge point in place (two charging spots, not sure the CCS/Chademo split). There's room for a second charger.

Next step, I presume is for the unit to be commissioned. Hopefully not a long delay for ESBN grid connection, because there's already an ESB charger in place on site)

Post edited by Fingleberries on

If it's like Coynes Cross then it'll be 3 CCS and 1 Chademo, that'll be a great setup for the M1

Between that, City North and the Maxol hub in Kinnegar the road from Dublin to NI is suddenly looking pretty good

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,691 ✭✭✭✭AndyBoBandy

Well the chargers in Paulstown are in…. God knows when they’ll be operational though!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,289 ✭✭✭MightyMunster

Is there still just the 1 charger in Birdhill up and running in the country?

Looks like another 3 CCS and 1 Chademo site, I'm guessing that's going to be the standard layout for Applegreen

yep, 3 CCS & 1 CHAdeMO, and the cables are long enough to reach any CCS car charge port in any space..

Update photos from M1 Lusk North and South bound

No real updates, currently one charger per site with a space for a second one. Chargers are both covered so probably waiting to be commissioned

Northbound, charger is basically opposite the Ecars units on the row closest to the shops

Southbound is a similar story

Both sets of chargers are close to the shops but we'll marked so hopefully won't be ICED

There's 4 bays plus another pedestal for a second charger.

Nice long cables on each, 1kV rated and 70mm2, so probably 120kW or more?

The southbound unit is CCS+Chademo, and presumably the northbound unit is the same (stuck the camera under the cover to see)

My guess is the next units will be dual CCS to match Coynes Cross

Hopefully they're online soon and the other units aren't far behind

I wonder are these 2 units, as well as the 2 I saw in Paulstown last week all scavenged from Ballymount?

either way once these get turned on, as well as Paulstown, then suddenly Applegreen are a bit of a player… I just hope they are getting their grid upgrade requests in as early as possible as by now they probably know how long it takes!!

we’ve seen more (higher profile) progress from Applegreen in 4 months than from eCars in 4 years…

That's my theory as well, I guess Ballymount was behind schedule so they moved the units.

Applegreen are definitely moving into being a big player. If they get all their existing sites online that'll be 5 hubs in a year. And real hubs, that have an equal number of spaces as plugs and cables long enough to reach any car in any space

That's more installs than any other provider in a single year

I wonder how far they're going to take it in the next couple of years. Presumably they'll have most of the main motorways covered in 2023 and then maybe a few of the major N roads by 2025

Will they give up at that point with the most profitable routes covered or start going into city and town hubs. If they got some of those battery backed units like BP recently installed in NI then that would cut down on grid costs. A couple of those in Tralee or Bundoran would do a lot for the summer tourists blowing in

Paulstown is live according to a post in the new charger thread.

Excellent news and excellent for M9 traffic, which should hopefully take some pressure off Kilcullen.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,586 ✭✭✭Red Silurian

Not off to the best start of their "hub network" of the 3 sites only one fully working today and chademo not working at all in paulstown

• Advertisement

Paulstown only one of two chargers is working, as in the second one is not yet turned on. Paulstown is CCS only for now (no chademo )

Birdhill is older units that are giving trouble recently, mainly due to wear and tear and being free for a while and busy.

Advertisement