Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

I don't know where we're going, but we know where we are? (Part whatever)

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 60,190 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gremlinertia

Cover your hands in tuna, job done!.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,634 ✭✭✭✭Graces7

My three current cat-residents alternate between my bed ( richly draped with every hand knitted blanket I have) or by the solid fuel stove just down the corridor in the main room/kitchen.

Listening to loud "precipitation" out there. Sounds... wet. not.. Not white

Working knitted bells to hang on the big gate.. I found the bag of jingles...

Post edited by Graces7 on

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 60,190 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gremlinertia

Was out for a ramble there, frosty and beautiful, thankfully the feckin fog is gone..

• Registered Users Posts: 4,246 ✭✭✭Poochie05

Morning Grem, thanks for keeping watch! Hope you have a speedy journey home and get some rest today. The place is silver out there but no fog here thankfully. Just got up to make a coffee but retreated back to bed to warm my feet. No padding around the house barefoot for me this morning!

Hope everyone has a good day

• Registered Users Posts: 5,901 ✭✭✭Princess Calla

Weather app saying it's foggy not sure about that but definitely a haze.

Everything is frosted over.

Lil one should have sport at 10....it's in one of those place due to route that it's as fast to walk as to drive (well quicker to drive really but not by much) gonna have to have a think about this as the estate never really thawed out yesterday so I suspect the roads will be a mess once I get out of the estate should be fine. Equally footpaths were lethal yesterday so not overly pushed on walking either.

Decisions 🙄🙄🙄

• Advertisement

Not finding it bad underfoot here but I am coastal, much better visibility and surprisingly two passes by the salt trucks overnight.

Coastal myself, once I get out of the estate I'll be driving along the seafront (walking I'll be cutting through estates with no vehicle access). We stayed at -1 nearly all day maybe increasing to a balmy 0 (according to the app) place never thawed fully. Very unusual with salt air.

Nice pinkish sky coming over Dublin mountains.

Howth has disappeared as it tends to do in winter.

Lil one talking funny I suspect a sore throat and just had a melt down over a cup (kids are great) will give them 15 mins and see where we are at once they fully wake up

Hey! I still have meltdowns over my preferred mugs to this day!

To be fair I have my favourite breakfast mugs too ....hold probably 1.5 normal cups of tea.....just the right amount to get you going as you can never make a second cup as nice as the first 😂😂

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,106 ✭✭✭SuperBowserWorld

Kid's training cancelled here. Going to get up in a minute, get breakfast and go for a long walk with the madra.

• Registered Users Posts: 897 ✭✭✭Addmagnet

I have "my" mug, bowl and spoon. Just need a dinner & side plate and knife & fork to call my own! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 12,165 ✭✭✭✭Grandeeod

In Dublin. Going for breakfast before kick off. Gonna be a long one.

So far have been asked to go shopping, put up curtain poles, sort out a secret santa, ...

Deciding who's doing hospital visit today and tomorrow.

And someone giving a snotty response on another thread when I gave my opinion. Jesus.

Having tea.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,162 ✭✭✭✭smurfjed

Probably not a good time to pop in and say that the temperature here today was 31 degrees.

I’ll get me own coat :)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,292 ✭✭✭thomil

Make sure you close the door on your way out. This place is hard enough to heat up at the best of times 😁

Tableside here, just done with breakfast. Doing a bit of writing and contemplating whether I should head to town later today. My mind says yes, my heart does too and my wallet has just given up, but my leg isn’t quite sure, given how frozen over the sidewalks still look.

I’ll probably wait another two hours, still have to call my friend in Canada anyway.

Good luck trying to figure me out. I haven't managed that myself yet!

• Registered Users Posts: 10,162 ✭✭✭✭smurfjed

@thomil with Irish roads/pavements , i would suggest you start at home and listen to your leg.

You beat me to it smurfjed... I imagine there will be long enough queues at A and E this week... Out here all the lanes are rough to walk and no pavements. Very basic! But lovely

Off back to bed.. Not well at all today. Stay safe out there and enjoy the snow.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,387 ✭✭✭✭Sardonicat

No home help today because the roads are so treacherous. I'm just speechless.

• Advertisement

Plan on getting Christmas tree up today so doing the pull out furniture hoover, rearrange furniture to make space for the tree lark.

Had a roast in the oven for when eldest got home.

All good, food eaten making a cup of tea and I'm hit with an awful sore throat out of nowhere!!!!

I swear to God I'm actually allergic to house work 🤣🤣🤣

• Registered Users Posts: 12,387 ✭✭✭✭Sardonicat

That was me last week. No chills or sniffles just suddenly had glass in my throat. This lasted 2 days and since then I've had laryngitis. Every respiratory illness that had been kept at bay during restrictions is back on steroids. Hope you make a speedy recovery.

Ah thanks, the youngest woke up with what I suspect was a sore throat but seems fine now.

Half the eldest class are out with various ailments... disaster!

• Registered Users Posts: 14,057 ✭✭✭✭cj maxx

Getting ready to watch England, hopefully, lose to France. Preferably on penalties ☺️

Time for this evenings game of bus roulette 😳

Did SFA today. In a right auld mood.

😂

• Registered Users Posts: 21,915 ✭✭✭✭Mam of 4

The frost all thawed here today, now we have heavy fog . Will be treacherous if it freezes over later . Pot of stew made , plus a Shepard's pie . No cooking tomorrow yaaay 😊

• Registered Users Posts: 13,177 ✭✭✭✭Purple Mountain

I woke up this morning thinking it was Friday. Was just about to hail myself out of bed when I remembered it was a lie in day. Yay.

I have been procrastinating defrosting the freezer for ages. Today I had to bite the bullet when the door wouldn't shut. I had today earmarked for a Christmas clean..oh well 😄

To thine own self be true

Oooh shepherds pie yes please

• Advertisement

Just got a little FM / DAB radio in Lidl. Cause I thought it'd be handy in a blackout and digital radio sounds cool.and crystal clear ...Except there are no digital radio broadcasts in Ireland anymore. Back it goes to Lidl. Cheeky! It's an expensive little FM radio !

Advertisement