Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Colder this week, some wintry/snow showers, widespread frost and ice.

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 13,613 ✭✭✭✭sryanbruen

• Registered Users Posts: 10,519 ✭✭✭✭dsmythy

Lots not getting their lowest until the bitter end. Pun not intended.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,913 ✭✭✭Danno

Jaysus you're some lad for the stats! Great work @sryanbruen as always, it is most appreciated! 👏

Sunshine here in southern Laois following an overnight low of -5.1c.

I see Limerick Junction ACS got to -6.8c last night, was that the lowest of the ACS/AWS suite?

• Registered Users Posts: 32,634 ✭✭✭✭Graces7

Hard heavy rain! The snowline is a little further down the mountains.. A wonderful double rainbow but the light was far too thin and pale to get the photo..

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 16,901 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gonzo

I counted a few snow grains on the bin lid this morning. Hopefully I will see more snow than that over the coming week. Met Eireann forecasting -11C for here tomorrow night which seems a bit extreme seeing as there is no snow cover here in Meath. Last night stayed at -1C and frost nowhere as severe as the frost from yesterday which is still mostly intact in shaded areas.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 43,028 ✭✭✭✭SEPT 23 1989

snowing lightly

Newcastle Dublin

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 17,977 Mod ✭✭✭✭DOCARCH

👍️ Light snow showers being reported at Casement at 1100.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,195 ✭✭✭pad199207

Snowing in Naas now

• Registered Users Posts: 18,010 ✭✭✭✭Mantis Toboggan

Light snow in Naas now

Free Palestine 🇵🇸

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 11,975 Mod ✭✭✭✭Meteorite58

Graupel and rain showers near Tralee this morning and hail overnight. Bit of a thaw with the cars dripping, but still quite frozen in places. Graupel and hail on top of water on top of ice.

2.4C

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 605 ✭✭✭ffarrell7

Still a nice covering in Dublin 15..

1° and quite foggy

• Registered Users Posts: 605 ✭✭✭ffarrell7

• Registered Users Posts: 9,960 ✭✭✭spookwoman

Went out at 6.30 this morning, passenger door was stuck, driver side was sticky. Got in and the whole locking mech was frozen and the door wouldn't catch the lock. Was dreading something was snapped but couple of warm jugs of water finally loosened it. The water well for wipers is still frozen. Back roads around carlow and kilkenny were fun this morning and there was a bit of freezing fog on the motorway. Was like snow the frost. Warming myself up and will sort of pictures.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,985 ✭✭✭BLIZZARD7

This really highlights the need for stations in other parts of Wicklow, -6.9c was the lowest officially in 2010? I would say in-land/west Wicklow would have the Irish low temperature record, if there was a station there…

• Registered Users Posts: 9,017 ✭✭✭Tom Cruises Left Nut

Slight thaw in Sallins now. Windscreen washers are finally working !

• Registered Users Posts: 1,734 ✭✭✭tnegun

There is some sort of Met station in the hills above Valleymount, Co. Wicklow but I don't think I've ever seen it mentioned in official reports.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 11,975 Mod ✭✭✭✭Meteorite58

Models consistently showing snow tonight in over Leinster. Wet Bulb temp perfect , freezing level down to the ground practically, temperature set to rise a bit on lower elevations as the day goes on so might become slushy lower down late morning . Will make for great shots on higher elevations.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 16,901 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gonzo

Definitely that bit milder today compared to yesterday. Temperatures now close to 2C and the frost is thawing.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,255 ✭✭✭ongarite

Slight thaw here in Meath too. Some water coming down the roof drains.

Fog looks to have cleared too.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,180 ✭✭✭✭JCX BXC

336 bus from Kilkee to Ennis slid right off the road and into the ditch at shaughessys cross just off the N67 near Kilmihil.

Road conditions lethal in West Clare today apparently after several showers of rain followed by a freeze.

Meanwhile in Galway City, shaded paths are still quite frozen as well as cars and grass frost. Flat calm though, feeling almost pleasant in the sun.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 215 ✭✭brianthomas

On that data from Christmas day 2010, Dublin Casement is the nearest one to me. I remember Christmas morning 2010 I was driving up to the cemetery in Palmerston and when I got the car going, it said -17. Huge icicles hanging from the gutters for days on end. Had to smash them down before they impaled someone 😂

Clondalkin in Dublin

• Registered Users Posts: 511 ✭✭✭noplacehere

Slight thaw in kilcock today north Kildare. Roofs have melted off a fair bit. Still bloody cold though and I’d expect it to be lethal later

• Registered Users Posts: 8,743 ✭✭✭micks_address

Hi folks,

What's the outlook like for next weekend? Have to drive to cork from Dublin and hopefully won't be as cold? Met saying it's cold till Wednesday?

Cheers,

Mick

• Registered Users Posts: 2,015 ✭✭✭John.Icy

Close to the border of West Wicklow back in 2010 (South Kildare) and under snow cover we locally were hitting -17c, unofficial of course.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,634 ✭✭✭✭Graces7

The rainbow early today. You can JUST see the faint double to the rightrds the top. Sorry re the drops of rain...Something magical re rainbows over the oce an.

In the earlier photos the snowline shows where the temp changes to disallow snow and it turns to rain . Last night was lower temp so snow came lower..

All photos within a few yards of my home...

• Registered Users Posts: 2,015 ✭✭✭John.Icy

Dublin radar still on the hop? I've deduced now that every 3rd frame displays a different radar image of precip over the Irish sea. Apologies if been gone over already.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,677 ✭✭✭Rougies

Light snow shower here in D.16

No idea where it's coming from, radar shows nothing

The outlook for next weekend is a bit uncertain. Currently showing low pressure moving in from the south-west trying to introduce milder air. Could be a rain/sleet/snow event. GFS has this mainly as a rain/sleet event. GEM has it mainly as a snow event. Icon does not bring this low pressure in at all. ECM is looking mild and wet for next weekend. We won't get a good idea of next weekend until the start of the week at the very least.

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 17,977 Mod ✭✭✭✭DOCARCH

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 76 ✭✭Condor24

Won't be an ice day here, unlike yesterday, in Offaly, just about to get above freezing. But it won't get much above 2 degrees I'd say and the ground will stay frozen.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement