Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Colder this week, some wintry/snow showers, widespread frost and ice.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 38 pikebishop

light snow in D24 now.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 215 ✭✭brianthomas

Seems more damp and slightly milder in Clondalkin Dublin today compared with yesterday. Very dull and car tells me it's 1 degree but most of the ice in the gardens now melting away....

Clondalkin in Dublin

• Registered Users Posts: 86 ✭✭Brendan offaly

Tullamore rural.

Slightly milder today.

Colder again from tomorrow on i believe.

Current temp 1.7c and cloudy.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,508 ✭✭✭Reckless Abandonment

Funny storm from the Atlantic Shannon acts up.. snow from the east dublin acts up..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,564 ✭✭✭Cluedo Monopoly

Drove across Co Galway today. Ranged from -3 to +4. There is a fair thaw now in that lovely sun.

What are they doing in the Hyacinth House?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 929 ✭✭✭WolfeEire
    Clare (410ft asl)

Freezing fog forecast for tonight

www.x.com/wolfeeire

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 16,948 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gonzo

Frost almost gone here in Meath, wasn't expecting such a rapid thaw today.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,577 ✭✭✭Billcarson

Don't understand why the ice and snow is melting so quickly with it only 1c . You think it would be more resist especially since most of the last 30 odd hrs has been below zero. Is it due to ground temperatures being still too high after all the warmth we have had?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,660 ✭✭✭✭sryanbruen

Likely a rainfall station. There is no official climate station measuring temperature in the hills or mountains that I am aware of. Think I read a while back, but don't know where, that Cusack or somebody at the Met said they don't record temperature for official records on mountains as they are not representative. Don't shoot the messenger if I'm misremembering. Regardless of representation, I think it's good to at least have them at hand to give an idea of the weather at the place at a given time. The UK Met have stations in the Scottish highlands that vast majority of the time record the lowest temps in the country and they are considered for official records once below 500m so why not Ireland?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,920 ✭✭✭adocholiday

Nice to have a few hours of thaw to get to the shops and stuff today. Roads around South Wicklow are pretty treacherous last couple of days so this is a nice reprieve before it all freezes again

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,967 ✭✭✭spookwoman

Ducketts Grove at Sunrise.

The Lonely Tree

Fog Banks

Milford Mill

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,705 ✭✭✭Speak Now

Surely it's only melting in the sun? Shaded areas still frozen solid here even though we've gone from a minus 5 low to plus 4. Temps will start dipping sharply soon enough.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 688 ✭✭✭lordleitrim

I believe from family in Kerry that the roads and footpaths are absolutely lethal today after rain fell and instantly froze on the frozen surfaces this morning. Only national roads down there have been gritted so very dangerous.

• Registered Users Posts: 86 ✭✭Mooro

Another frosty morning in Tullamore but nowhere near as spectacular as yesterday. 2 degrees now and all frost gone but it was a nice morning.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,660 ✭✭✭✭sryanbruen

The photos shared in here this spell so far have been super, keep them up guys. If Dublin does get some more sneachta tonight, expect some from me again tomorrow 😆

• Registered Users Posts: 573 ✭✭✭Apothic_Red

South Kildare, went across the fields with dog earlier, was expecting them to be frozen but thawed & mucky in places.

We'll have to see what tonight brings, need that easterly feed from the Irish sea, northerlies do nothing for us unless it's a front.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,472 ✭✭✭✭Supercell

Fab pictures, thanks so much for sharing, so seasonal :)

Have a weather station?, why not join the Ireland Weather Network - http://irelandweather.eu/

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,215 ✭✭✭pad199207

Status Yellow - Snow warning for Dublin, Kildare, Wicklow

Met Éireann Weather Warning

Snow showers will lead to accumulations in places, most substantial over high ground.

Valid: 23:00 Saturday 10/12/2022 to 12:00 Sunday 11/12/2022

Issued: 14:08 Saturday 10/12/2022

• Registered Users Posts: 1,985 ✭✭✭BLIZZARD7

Temp dropping off again in D14, maxed at 1.7c earlier and now back down at 0.8c.

• Advertisement

It's 0.8c here but the snow, well what's left of it is reacting as if its 3 or 4c. No sunshine, bit of a wind.....

Yeah those robins look like they are talking !

• Registered Users Posts: 605 ✭✭✭ffarrell7

Went for a cycle from Castleknock into the Phoenix Park. Temperature seemed to dropped by at least 1 or 1.5 degrees within a minute or so inside.

Still plenty of snow around in there...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,985 ✭✭✭BLIZZARD7

Where are you?

The dew point is just -0.3c here, and was positive earlier, snow will melt with saturated air if the temp is much above 0c.

I have never heard of Ducketts grove. Looks fascinating.

Apologies I think I quoted the wrong set of pics.

Anyone have eyes on Partry's or Maumturks or Croagh Patrick? What's the snow cover like ?

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 12,053 Mod ✭✭✭✭Meteorite58

Yeah worst I've seen for years,early evening showers and began freezing after dark , overnight showers of hail rain and graupel continuing into today, a fair thaw but still have icy patches such was the thickness of the ice build up even though the air temp went up to 5.1C and currently 4.3C .

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,625 ✭✭✭Dazler97

Ah here dublin in another snow warning tonight ffs, i may have to go down on the train tomorrow to see some

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,200 ✭✭✭✭Oscar Bravo

Status Orange - Low Temperature/Ice warning for Ireland

A severe frost and further icy stretches will set in on Sunday night, accompanied by patches of freezing fog. Temperatures likely to fall below -5 degrees in many areas.

17:00 Sunday 11/12/2022 to 12:00 Monday 12/12/2022

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,625 ✭✭✭Dazler97

Orange temperature warning for tomorrow night

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement