Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Harry and Meghan - OP updated with Threadbanned Users 4/5/21

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,290 ✭✭✭BruteStock

Nah. The show is far more popular and talked about in the UK. Markle couldn't get her animated show of the ground in the US. No interest there for it.

• Registered Users Posts: 55,700 ✭✭✭✭walshb

More OTT exaggeration to suit your own clear anti RF agenda.

oh, oh… but she was sacked.. an octogenarian…

I saw it , she hung Harry’s family out to dry to give herself a career. That’s it summarised

• Registered Users Posts: 5,920 ✭✭✭Augme

Don't say that to me, say that to the Royal Family who admitted her comments were unacceptable and fired her.

The problem wasn't asking where she was from. The problem was refusing to believe she could be from Britain because she was black.

Like the panic and fear within elements of the Royal family that a non-white child could be officsly part of the Royal Family.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,411 ✭✭✭prunudo

This story about incident at the culteral gathering has fascinated me since it broke. It felt from the offset to be very much like those looking to be offened will ultimately find it.

I'm Irish born and breed, speak with an Irish accent but I have a foreign parent and therefore a foreign sounding name.

Now imagine I attend an event which was organised to celebrate that country, if I dressed in the cultural clothing of that country and had a name badge which to the majority would suggest I had connections with that country.

Now also imagine, at this event, an elderly person approaches, by their nature they are generally more curious than younger people. They want to chat and know more about my background and initiate a conversation with me and inevitably asks where I am from.

The conversation can one of two ways, I can be rude, shut them down and continually say I'm from a little town in Ireland. Or I could, as I have done all my life, engage with them, inform them I'm born and breed here but due to family connections etc etc and have brief chat with them.

Theres no offence, just the art of conversation. When you go to these type of functions you have to be willing for people to chat and ask questions. If your back is up and want to pick apart every word and scrutinise every clumsy sentence you won't be long finding offence.

What panic and fear within the RF that a non-white child could be part of the RF?

Some folks really wana take something that could well have been completely benign and innocent, and run with it to further their own anti RF agenda here.

same with this old lady (not a RF member) asking a question. Does anyone really really know exactly what the conversation went like? And if she was truly being racist, didn’t her employer act admirably?

The one person who will actually involved in the conversation described it as "awkward" and said they were "a bit shocked".

Now you, who had zero involvement in the conversation, seem to think it was being and innocent. But I guess pro-monarchists will always play it down to push their pro-monarchy agenda.

I don't know exactly what the old lady said. I do know the the Royal Family said it was totally unacceptable and fired her. I agree, it was the correct decision by her employer. The same way it was the correct decision to sideline the pedophile. But that doesn't mean they Royal Family are amazing.

mountains ouha molehills here.

You’re taking an alleged remark about a baby’s skin color and turning this into the RF having fear and panic. Deluded.

and you’re now labeling a man a paedophile based off alleged allegations of intimacy with a 17 year old. Good stuff!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,841 ✭✭✭TomTomTim

The problem was refusing to believe she could be from Britain because she was black.

Do you have a source for this part? I don't see how you could as it makes no sense, but you're saying it, so it either comes solely from your mind, or maybe I'm missing a part of the story.

EDIT:

Just seen this, so clearly you're just making stuff up:

I don't know exactly what the old lady said.

It's amazing how many people shape their worldview based on things that they think are true, and not things that are actually true.

“The man who lies to himself can be more easily offended than anyone else. You know it is sometimes very pleasant to take offense, isn't it? A man may know that nobody has insulted him, but that he has invented the insult for himself, has lied and exaggerated to make it picturesque, has caught at a word and made a mountain out of a molehill--he knows that himself, yet he will be the first to take offense, and will revel in his resentment till he feels great pleasure in it.”- ― Fyodor Dostoevsky, The Brothers Karamazov

• Advertisement

Awkward and a bit shocked were how Harry described the comments about the worry there might be a non-white child in the Royal Family.

Allegations that the Royal Family were happy to pay to stop them being heard in court rather than challenging them. Says it all tbh.

And Harry must be playing this up. Sure he was 3 years dating the woman of color, and only this question raises all this panic and fear. Utter nonsense.

Sure his own father walked Meaghan down the aisle.

the pair a them deliberately and connivingly used two very powerful subjects, racism and mental health to stir up this whole crusade.

Well why else would she repeatedly ask her where she's from after the woman told her she was from Britain. You've no idea what is actually true either.

At the end of the daybthe only thing anyone can say with 100% fact is that the the Royal Family said her coment were unacceptable and fired her because of them.

Says it all that the alleged victim chose money? Huh?

It was a civil case. All she could ever achieve was to win money. But look, clearly you think poor Prince Andrew is just another poor victim in all of this. We will agree to disagree on that one.

I actually have no view on Andrew. I’m simply not labeling ANY man a paedophile because he may have had an intimate relationship with a 17 year old. Simple logic and common sense is all.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,290 ✭✭✭BruteStock

That's fine but Fuloni deliberately dresses in a way that draws attention to her African heritage. So she knew exactly what she wanted out of that encounter and she got it. The only victim here is Hussey

• Registered Users Posts: 6,024 ✭✭✭Oscar_Madison

You must have watched a different version than I did so

• Registered Users Posts: 3,082 ✭✭✭coolbeans

You're being ridiculous. It's not even a left vs right issue, it's a few tabloids going doing what they do and then useful idiots like yourself stoking the flames, gnashing the teeth and getting very selectively outraged. For sure, Megan and Harry are dickheads like the rest of the RF post QE2 but your reaction is personal, emotional and hysterical. What fascinates me is what has she done to justify such disproportionate vitriol? Also, why were you not clutching your pearls over Paedo Andy? Honestly, read your posts, your reaction is completely wrong headed. And then, to top it off, you talk about objectivity. 🤣

Perhaps nobody is talking about Andrew because the thread is about discussing Meghan Markle.

Andrew is self-discrediting. Nobody supports him.

Markle bizarrely still has her supporters.

That's the difference.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 253 ✭✭4shameee

No view on Andrew. But hate and bile for Meghan. Hmm.

• Registered Users Posts: 253 ✭✭4shameee

No, you've just made that up.

Classic whataboutery.

More a this over-exaggeration . I think their behaviour and carry on is very poor. Hate and bile? Cop on

I even said that from the episodes I saw, Meaghan comes across as a genuinely good and caring person through her life. But the last few years the two a them come across as desperate attention seekers with nasty tales and falsehoods.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,081 ✭✭✭✭end of the road

the fear that lead to someone asking the question of what color the child's skin would be.

lady whatsit was racist, she knew what she was doing, she would not believe the lady from the charity could be from britain because she is black.

chances are this lady has been at this behaviour for years but has been getting away with it until now.

ticking a box on a form does not make you of a religion.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,081 ✭✭✭✭end of the road

incorrect, the victim is the lady from the charity who was a victim of racism.

lady whatsit is no victim.

ticking a box on a form does not make you of a religion.

Utter tosh, that simply lends to your agenda..

and here’s the thing. Why the fook would anyone even need to ask the question to know an answer?

It’s common sense. Harry is white, she is brown, the child will be in between.. how anyone can construe a remark/question here as someone being racist is either dumb as Sh1t, or using it to damage, when there is zero maliciousness.

Whomever asked wasn’t asking out of fear or panic. What utter gick.

and another thing: it makes no sense the person would be asking out of racism, fear, or panic. The pregnancy happened. Whatever the skin tone was to be, it was to be.

we get it, you abhore the royal family institution , but try at least be somewhat logical, even at times..

• Registered Users Posts: 8,277 ✭✭✭ceadaoin.

I mean, taking the royal part out of it, if someone in your family was constantly attacking you on Facebook and publicly bitching about everyone,revealing details of private conversations and family events, putting up photos taken in your home without permission, making fun of family traditions etc, I'm sure most on here would have an issue with it. Their behaviour towards family is childish and vindictive and bordering on obssessive at this stage. Like, get something else to talk about

• Registered Users Posts: 1,876 ✭✭✭bokale

I think I'd like them to stand by me if they stood by my uncle who holidayed on "paedophile island" and paid millions to protect him from his "paedophile island" shenanigans.

• Advertisement

Obviously you know more about the tone of question and what was meant by the question then the person asked.

Or are you saying the question was never asked ans Harry has made the whole thing up?

Advertisement