Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Colder this week, some wintry/snow showers, widespread frost and ice.

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,542 ✭✭✭Dazler97

Tomorrow night

• Registered Users Posts: 1,979 ✭✭✭.Donegal.

Orange for -5 is ridiculous. Anyway I’ll shut up

• Registered Users Posts: 40,016 ✭✭✭✭Itssoeasy

Ah ****.

• Registered Users Posts: 672 ✭✭✭TTLF
    save the trouble and jazz it up

Seeing all these warnings for December is truly a webpage to save, who knows when we'll see this again.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,557 ✭✭✭Billcarson

Ashbourne, ah yes maybe due to the dew point. Forgot about that.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,159 ✭✭✭✭Oscar Bravo

A cold and foggy afternoon at Dublin airport

EIDW 101500Z 27009KT 0600 FZFG BKN001 OVC002 M00/M01 Q1008

• Registered Users Posts: 2,848 ✭✭✭sparrowcar

• Registered Users Posts: 2,542 ✭✭✭Dazler97

Monday morning looking extremely cold for me

• Registered Users Posts: 888 ✭✭✭seamusk84

Bloody hell, just out again. Temps seemed to have really dropped off in the space of an hour here in north Kildare.

Seems like it will be a rough night 🥶

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 17,977 Mod ✭✭✭✭DOCARCH

Lots of convection/shower clouds over the Irish Sea this afternoon (over Wales atm). Hopefully heading this way later!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,442 ✭✭✭bad2thebone

A thaw outside the shade in Killnaboy north Clare today,it's welcome. As I was worried about the water freezing some pipes. Have bales over the area but still. After 2010 it was a **** nightmare worrying about burst pipes.

I wonder is there expansion in modern plumbing for freezing temperatures ?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,356 ✭✭✭PokeHerKing

Met.ie radar has backed off Dublin precip. Showers mostly staying offshore and Wicklow the favoured spot for anything that does come ashore.

Looks like a nail biter if you're planning to watch lampposts!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,531 ✭✭✭Gusser09

Little boring now in north kildare. Has stayed at a steady 1 degree all day.

Novelty has worn off and without snow its no fun. Hopefully next week we get back to the 7 or 8 degrees and save on the heating.

• Registered Users Posts: 21 Lucylou35

I think it backed off on Thursday evening as well? Hoping for another dusting here in Naas.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 16,901 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gonzo

The models were all showing the snow showers forming, building and moving eastwards across the Irish sea and then as they reach our coastline they take a sudden southerly dive and barely fringe the coast and drift back out to sea.

There is a chance the Irish sea may get more active on Tuesday to Thursday, that maybe our best shot at seeing some flakes fall. I kind of feel i'm clutching straws hoping for some flakes during the week.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,979 ✭✭✭.Donegal.

According to the 6 hours map it’s bone dry for the east. The 24 hour map below increases potential after that for precipitation for the overnight period. Currently 5mm+ of precipitation looks very unlikely in the east but some areas high confidence of some precipitation at least so should be further accumulations for some. This updates often so could still change for the better.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,985 ✭✭✭BLIZZARD7

AROME 12z has showers arriving in Dublin 2am-9am overnight.

Arpege 12z has them barely scraping the coast. WRF 06z was similar.

Harmonie showing a few showers for South Dublin and a bit more activity into Wicklow.

We just need that easterly drift to last a few hours longer, or for the showers to build a bit earlier. The Dublin radar being on and off is very annoying.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,356 ✭✭✭PokeHerKing

Do met.ie use harmonie for their radar? As that's pretty much what it's showing.

Where as earlier today it had most of Dublin under a decent blob between 12-2am

• Registered Users Posts: 24,182 ✭✭✭✭Larbre34

That isn't going to happen. Not until around 18th December and even then, daytime highs of 3-7C. Or less if the milder air fails to break through.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,531 ✭✭✭Gusser09

I wouldnt be taking the forecasts as gospel. I thino itll break next week please god.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,418 ✭✭✭✭Supercell

Current Dublin airport TAF:

TAF AMD EIDW 101537Z 1015/1112 26009KT 0600 FZFG BKN001

PROB30

TEMPO 1015/1108 3000 BR BKN004

PROB40

TEMPO 1023/1106 2000 SHRASN BKN006

BECMG 1101/1103 33008KT BKN015

Decent chance of showers (rain/snow) from 23:00 - 06:00

Its a matter of radar watching I feel.

Have a weather station?, why not join the Ireland Weather Network - http://irelandweather.eu/

• Registered Users Posts: 8,743 ✭✭✭micks_address

Thanks what I'm trying to decide is would it be better to do Dublin / Cork tomorrow or wait till next Sunday and risk it being worse? Seems like driving conditions today on the motorway would be safe enough. Would leave around 9 and probably back by 7. Be the Grinch who stole Christmas is I can't do the run next weekend

Temp dipping again, down to 0.3c in D14 now.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 11,975 Mod ✭✭✭✭Meteorite58

AROME just rolling out looks better for a wider area with a combination of snow and graupel, probably a bit sleety by the coasts. ECM Swiss showing a lower track into Wicklow for the heaviest snow, will see. Chance of light showers continuing tomorrow for a time.

Post edited by Meteorite58 on

• Registered Users Posts: 6,338 ✭✭✭secman

Top pic, Cahore beach, North Wexford plenty of clouds over Irish sea.

Bottom pic, sunrise this morning after a hard frost.

Enniscone this evening 😊😊

• Registered Users Posts: 7,084 ✭✭✭pauldry

Almost warm here today. 6c but cold now.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,677 ✭✭✭Rougies

Microscopic snizzle here in D.16

• Advertisement

5pm Dublin airport TAF

TAF EIDW 101700Z 1018/1118 28009KT 0600 FZFG BKN001 

PROB30 TEMPO 1018/1108 3000 BR BKN004 

PROB40 TEMPO 1023/1106 2000 SHRASN BKN004 

BECMG 1100/1102 33008KT 6000 BKN015 

PROB30 TEMPO 1100/1108 0500 FZFG BKN001

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement