Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Selling, Swapping or Wanted Watches & Timepieces *Please read rules in 1st post**

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,721 ✭✭✭H_Lime

It is touchy because putting a seiko logo on a sterile face opens the door to ripping someone off if the seller is so inclined. I have zero issue if someone fully discloses ala the link above by furiousox. It's a free world.

The issue some have with homages is it undermines (in their minds) the high outlay for something which is quite possibly overpriced. Whats noteworthy and gas is they're usually blind to that notion when the homage is reassuringly expensive ala seiko themselves, tudor, hamilton, etc etc.

Seiko has most definitely had a drop in qc, sure the forums not populated by apologist fan boys are well aware. Had my mates new land tortoise on wrist lately and it's chapter ring was off kilter, it's 4r35 was +21seconds and the crown threads were gritty af also.

Unacceptable when my SD1970 at 1/4 the cost has perfect alignment and its seiko nh35 is +4 secs out the box with a perfectly executed crown. Factor in waaaay better lume in bgw9 and c3, a nicer acton and spec ceramic bezel and sapphire a coated instead of hardlex lol.

Calling that spec tat casts serious aspersions on Seiko lol. Its equivalent to a guy in a big fat benz complaining that a second hand mr2 with a turbo strapped to it is handing him his ass round the track:) It's not allowed because mine cost more!!

Reminds me of when honda started mopping up all the trophies in the Isle of Man. Suddenly the Japs were to be taken seriously.

The likes of San Martin/Steel Dive/Pagani are going to start employing designers in the very near future. Sure I suppose AI could probably spit out designs guaranteed to get us hot under in the collar in the very near future.

BTW, scwazrh, I have a homage of a tudor homage winging it's way to my wrist right now, how insestious is that for ya lol!

Nh34 seiko gmt under the bonnet and they improved the design by making it thinner and lighter than the bb Pro. Delighted so I will be:)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,681 ✭✭✭scwazrh

It bothers me in no way what watch you have winging its way to your wrist , enjoy it .

We all collect watches for different reasons but I doubt very much that anyone in years to come is going to be proud of their collection of pagani or san Martin watches that they've acquired over the years.Theres plenty of watches worth collecting that are affordable.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,721 ✭✭✭H_Lime

As it shouldn't. I was being just a touch facetious and whole heap good natured as it is funny, a homage of a homage. Well it is to me anyway.

I have collected many original Seikos and I'd love to see them on my kids wrists in the future. My tastes were almost entirely Seiko up until about ten yrs ago.

Regarding the emerging markets out of China they are largely all heavily leaning on homage or imitation or rip off, choose your weapons. I do predict them growing out of this and staking their own flag. Who knows, perhaps my san martin bb Pro will be like a high value early Honda cub in 40 years! Buy them now scwazrh, before they're all gone!!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,691 ✭✭✭micks_address

Any interest in a Seiko sla017 bracelet? This came with my sla037 and is basically brand new with sticker still on clasp. 499 dollars on eBay.

Any takers at 250 euro?

Cheers,

Mick

• Registered Users Posts: 8,948 ✭✭✭893bet

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,691 ✭✭✭micks_address

• Registered Users Posts: 634 ✭✭✭fulladapipes

I have a notion to sell everything and start again.

I have some great watches, but with little variety. So, I'm thinking of liquidating the lot and beginning afresh, perhaps ending up with just two watches. Maybe that's madness, but isn't this the nature of watch collecting - buy, try, keep/move on. (This is also what I do in other areas of life, so this may or may not turn out to be a good idea.)

I thought I'd test the waters here (I would rather not have to put a decent watch on Adverts again) and see if there is any interest.

I don't really follow market prices, or am at least sceptical about the prices I see asked for online, so there's no price for the moment, but I have never been greedy about what I ask for or get for a watch.

This is my Submariner 16610 from 2006, box and papers. More pics etc to follow if anyone turns out to be interested. Woman not included with watch.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,422 ✭✭✭Deep Thought

The narrower a man’s mind, the broader his statements.

• Registered Users Posts: 400 ✭✭covey123

Thinking of parting with my Scurfa Diver One.

Will put up on Adverts for €230 but of course better price for anyone here.

Scurfa Bracelet and rubber strap included.

These are older pics previously posted,but can post more if anyone interested

Same as link,but with bracelet

https://www.scurfawatches.com/product/diver-one-d1-500-nd713-black/

I may well regret this, but I've put my Submariner and Speedy up on Adverts.

I scratched my GMT itch today with a phone call yesterday from Sheeran's to come in a look at a Tudor Pro GMT. Which I did.

Sub here: https://www.adverts.ie/casual/rolex-submariner-16610-w-box-card/28818119

Speedy here: https://www.adverts.ie/sports/omega-speedmaster-professional-big-box-version/28818214

Better prices for anyone on here of course.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6 nod2022

Hi all, I have a buyer on Chrono24 set up for watch sale. Can ask advice on what the best shipment method or courier to use? Fully covered for the value of the watch etc? Thank you.

very comfortable watch to wear .I think the height issue was over played on its release , it’s not overly noticeable on the wrist.Much nicer to wear than the bb58 which every one seems to love.Enjoy it

I think you're absolutely right about the height thing. It's not an issue, especially if the watch is on a bracelet. If it's on a NATO you might notice it more as the springbars seem to be located quite low on the lugs, if that makes sense.

Ive never taken mine off the bracelet so can't say how it wears on a nato.I think that's the best bracelet available within its price point .Tudor should put that clasp on all their watches.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,727 ✭✭✭Lorddrakul

I used Chrono24 to sell a Cartier and a Breitling. In both cases I used an insured courier service that delivered within Europe (Spain and Hungary) the next day. Neither one was Rolex money, but the insurance covered the cost in both cases.

The feedback I got from the prompt delivery was worth :)

Thanks 🙏🏻, do you mind if I ask which one if that’s not against the rules?

• Registered Users Posts: 24 Allwheelsgood

Hi Folks,

Eventually decided to sell my 1995 Rolex Submariner Steel and gold. It has served me well over the years but I think its time to move it on. It hasn't been worn a dozen times since it was last serviced in Keanes just before Covid. I had thought about keeping it and leaving it to the son but he has absolutely no interest in watches of any kind.... a waste.

I've moved on to a Sinn U1se as my daily wear and a few months down the road am very happy with it. Its on its own bracelet and beautifully balanced on the wrist.... don't notice the weight at all.

Put the Rolex up on Donedeal and Adverts yesterday to see what happens. Looked on Chrono24 to try judge a value for it.... not easy.

Got a call within 30min from a member of our ethnic minority who asked a few questions and offered to pay the asking price.... havent worked out the scam yet... but too good to be true unless I'm giving it away.

If ye have a few moments ye might explain the error of my ways or maybe even express an interest.

• Registered Users Posts: 832 ✭✭✭funkyouup

Walk away if you have any sense

• Registered Users Posts: 20,043 ✭✭✭✭Cyrus

I wouldn’t try sell something like that on donedeal how do you vet a buyer ?

I doubt it’s anything too elaborate or sophisticated in terms of scam, I’d imagine either of these:

-if you agree to meet somewhere, you leave without the watch, without payment and possibly a few slaps.

-you give you address and your house gets robbed a short while after.

Id probably withdraw the ad altogether to be honest.

• Advertisement

That one selling with the blue rubber b?

I didn’t think it was over priced.

I would run a mile though.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,151 Mod ✭✭✭✭Wibbs

Off topic posts deleted.

With any transaction involving highly portable very valuable items exercise extreme caution. Personally I'd not be selling anything like that on Donedeal. Way too risky IMHO.

Rejoice in the awareness of feeling stupid, for that’s how you end up learning new things. If you’re not aware you’re stupid, you probably are.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,581 ✭✭✭Working class heroes

Racism is now hiding behind the cloak of Community activism.

• Registered Users Posts: 832 ✭✭✭funkyouup

You need better bait than that for the likes of me😁

• Registered Users Posts: 2,543 ✭✭✭Fitz II

A lads you have to be a bit more subtle with those new trolls, dont scare them off straight away, you can knock years of crack out of them....dont reel them in too quick.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,283 ✭✭✭✭Cienciano

Anything can be dodgy, I sold a watch for €500 about 2 months ago and was meeting the guy on the street and even that was worrying. They can easily run off with it or god knows what, it used to common with phones for sale, watches are a lot easier. Definitely be very wary. As nod2022 says, they can be fishing for your home address.

I know (and by know I mean I sold to once and bought from once face to face) a chap who was relieved of an omega sea master on DoneDeal after been set up for a sale.

Very easy for a scrote to do. And the law will be less than useless to investigate. As bad as adverts is, it at least allows you buy the seller/buyer a little more than DoneDeal.

Gonna sell my Bulova Lunar Pilot PVD

Something new on the way

looking for €400 and ship free

extra few quid off for a boardsie

any questions, fire away

Post edited by Deep Thought on

• Advertisement

Bulova sold on TZ to a chap from cork.

Advertisement