Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Colder this week, some wintry/snow showers, widespread frost and ice.

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,951 ✭✭✭JanuarySnowstor

What did he say wrong

The very top blob is heading for Dublin region ( yes the other ppn will miss)

Icon this evening brings Tuesday's low slightly closer. Watch out rebels!

• Registered Users Posts: 86 ✭✭Mooro

Foggy but still hovering just over 0 degrees in Tullamore. If the fog freezes we could wake up to a beautiful morning.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,442 ✭✭✭bad2thebone

Here's a rant....

Well themselves and the media put the feat of God into elderly and vulnerable people about using too much electricity.

I remember in the 80's all my grandparents had was two electric heaters a range and hot water bottles. They had a bog they lived in north Kerry Brosna actually. Plenty of turf, coal was a luxury.

That walk to do a wee at night down the hallway was cold. So you'd walk on those cold plastic tile's on your tippy toes. Sometimes I'd go into the living room, open the door and they'd all be sitting down watching the black and white TV. The blast of heat from the Stanley range was nice. I'd sometimes spit on it and watch the spit do a dance on the Stanley 8 affordable back then for most people.

Sometimes Tarbert would have problems, you'd see the light's dim a bit a few times then a power cut. Maybe for an hour or two. But the Stanley 8 kept on burning.

I don't know what's going on in some political classes head's but no way can vulnerable and elderly people living in their own paid for or inherited home's afford heat pumps or people on a modest wage. If I ask a member of the Green party they waffle with word salad on about incentives work in progress and look what we did over there. We've helped all those people over there, being all virtuous.

I ask again what are your incentives for the vulnerable,elderly and people on modest income's who own their own house's. They go off on a tangent about incentives and work in progress.

Meanwhile the media and political classes are instilling fear and anxiety into people's subconscious. Blaming the war in the Ukraine and the price of oil doing a nose dive.

Live interactive chart of West Texas Intermediate (WTI or NYMEX) crude oil prices per barrel. The current price of WTI crude oil as of December 09, 2022 is 72.00 per barrel.

They're liar's the lot of them, the emperor's new clothes is alive and well in the western world. Paying green taxes and the multinationals who caused all the pollution as per usual get off scott free. They just rename their companies and invest in something else.

Libs, conservatives, moderates they're all in this together. I don't vote anymore because I am sick of the vulnerable, elderly and lower middle classes having to pay for the man's mistakes.

Sorry for the rant and I'm not looking for an argument on the internet but that's my observation.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,504 ✭✭✭Reckless Abandonment

Stunning ^^^

• Registered Users Posts: 2,299 ✭✭✭Cork2021

Now is that all rebels or just the ones south of mallow?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,541 ✭✭✭Dazler97

Why is their a fake kermit on this

South of mallow, where rebel blood is pure red!

Surprised at the lack of interest.

Dublin will likely see snow showers on and off from midnight tonight until 6pm Monday

• Registered Users Posts: 2,299 ✭✭✭Cork2021

• Advertisement

18z gfs brings low further North on Tues morning. Somewhere in the South is going to get hammered (taking this run at face value)

Michelle said tonight coasts of North and East. Erm what about the South!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,677 ✭✭✭Rougies

A bit of cold spell fatigue I suppose and Saturday night on the run up to Xmas many will be out and about. Also a lot of Dubs got their fix on Thurs night so the excitement levels are lower.

Finally now the 18z waking up to the fact that an Easterly over a very warm sea will only lead to one thing along the East Coast on Wednesday.

Coastal showers says Met Eireann, quite right but half the population of Ireland live on the coast if not more!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,136 ✭✭✭Elmer Blooker

At the moment it looks like the showers will miss Dublin and hit Wicklow unless the airflow turns NE from NNE which it is at moment.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,685 ✭✭✭SleetAndSnow

Just incase people aren't looking at the model threads, this is the GFS for Tuesday.

The dashed lines indicate snow. However, this is the GFS "Pub" run for a reason, it gets less data and generally always shows mad events. Stunning chart to look at, but take it with a huge pinch of salt!

• Registered Users Posts: 10,519 ✭✭✭✭dsmythy

There's some action off the County Down coast which could make a play in the late hours with a more northerly wind. A NE wind has been pegged for a couple hours overnight at least.

• Registered Users Posts: 35,059 ✭✭✭✭Hotblack Desiato

Not exactly sexy but I bought slippers in Dunnes which go up beyond my ankles. Toasty warm. €15. Should pay for themselves in about a month 😁

That's always where I feel the cold when working from home, our house is probably energy rated Z 🙄

I'm also looking at getting one of those radiant halogen heaters, it heats up what it's pointed at instead of the whole room 👍️ which will make turning on the heating for the whole house unnecessary

Anything that stops me from heating the whole house just so I can feel warm WFH means I'm quids in.

© 1982 Sinclair Research Ltd

• Registered Users Posts: 672 ✭✭✭TTLF
    save the trouble and jazz it up

Not sure how well this'll work but, Winds look to be going more NE now, I think we have to remember that it's only 10pm, there's still like 2-3 hours before things could possibly kick off for the coast, not entirely sure but I presume winds are still changing.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,778 ✭✭✭✭ninebeanrows

Yes cluster off Carlingford look interesting

A long night ahead for lampost watchers...

• Registered Users Posts: 2,677 ✭✭✭Rougies

The more NE steering winds bringing showers onto the east coast aren't forecast until after midnight. Around 01:00 going by the Arome model (which was fairly spot on on Thurs).

That's why I called out "fake Kermit" for saying "incoming" btw, real Kermit would know this ;)

Anyway, latest Arome is rolling out now, might give us a better idea of timings and landfall locations, although just watching the radar is the best way to go.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,557 ✭✭✭Billcarson

Yes looks like they have Dublins name on them or around that general area.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,287 ✭✭✭Pwindedd

I got one of those little heat pads in Aldi for about 15 quid. Put it on my office chair and it toasts me from the bottom up…literally. (They’re very cheap to run, as are lecky blankets) can also pop it on the floor under your feet too if they get a bit nippy.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,531 ✭✭✭Gusser09

No snow yet. Cold though. Not sure if i could stick 2 weeks of this. Hopefully it breaks next week.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,442 ✭✭✭bad2thebone

Bought long johns myself, they're actually really comfy and warm. Makes my jeans fir better too. An extra layer underneath. And they look modest. I hear you, skimping on the heat myself. Got the chimney cleaned and hey presto the oil delivery man pulled up after and put in 500L

This evening I've it on full bore and the fire blazing. Load's of dried up hawthorn and oak up against my wall of the porch. I'm going to burn it like I stole it 🤣👍👍👍

I have to say it's pretty on par with Canada weather feeling wise, i mean

- 22c didn't feel this cold although i will say its a drier cold as opposed to our damp cold feeling

• Registered Users Posts: 3,070 ✭✭✭DellyBelly

Hopefully that turns out the way you predict...although very cold in Dublin now...

• Registered Users Posts: 6,317 ✭✭✭gameoverdude

Expense it for, eh, health and safety reasons?

I also have thermals the last 3 years and there fantastic there in the wash now and my legs are frozen compared to with them on

• Registered Users Posts: 8,913 ✭✭✭Danno

Agree with a lot you say in that - very much of it is true.

However, this is the thread to lower your blade in: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058211251/green-policies-are-destroying-this-country

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,913 ✭✭✭Danno

Keep an eye on the M2 buoy hourly reports here and in particular the wind direction in degrees: http://archive.met.ie/latest/buoy.asp

0 degrees = north, 90 degrees = east, 180 degrees = south and 270 degrees = west.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement