Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Things dat Trivyully Annoy You (part whatever) *MOD WARNING IN OP* NEW

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,460 ✭✭✭Sgt Hartman

I've a headache trying to work out that logic 🤯

My dog Toby got neutered a week ago and has to wear a buster collar for ten days. The first collar was too big as he was chewing off the plastic clips on it. The second one was too small because he was still able to get at his neutering wound. He gave himself an infection as a result so we have to apply a manuka honey cream to his wound every day until it heals up. Now due to the icy paths we can't walk him so he's moping about in the house chewing anything he can get his teeth at 🙄

• Registered Users Posts: 13,654 ✭✭✭✭Dial Hard

People out driving on perfectly clear main roads as if there's 4 inches of ball bearings and 2 foot of snow on them 🙄🙄🙄

Obviously I'm not advocating taking needless risks, but seriously, if you can't tell when a road is safe to drive on or you're that nervous driving in wintry weather, you probably shouldn't be out in the car at all.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,827 ✭✭✭madmaggie

Do people not realise that you can close a door as well as open it. At the doctor's last week I was fed up constantly closing the doors. Outside door and interior door, both left wide open.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,313 ✭✭✭✭blade1

This probably should be in the th thread but I got sorted.

A neighbour gave me a loan of his van and I finished work a few hours early.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,092 ✭✭✭Bredabe

This ta has been with me years, I was watching a Nigella Lawson cooking prog once, she was eating with a group which had at least one teen. This youngster went for another serving of what ever it was she had cooked for them, she said to him that she wasn't trying to be mean but not to eat it as she wanted leftovers for another dish.

1. why would a comfortable person like that stop a growing person eating?
    2. arnt leftovers by definitions what is left over when ppl have finished eating?

"Have you ever wagged your tail so hard you fell over"?-Brod Higgins.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,857 ✭✭✭growleaves

'The smoker snaps back and says "I have asthma too, how do you think I feel"?'

Checkmate 😂

• Registered Users Posts: 30,430 ✭✭✭✭Tauriel

My first experience of jet lag 😩Cannot keep my eyes open, missed 99.9% of the France vs England game as I kept nodding off. I think an early night is called for. I also struggled with the time difference between the US and us, so didn't get any good night's sleep over there. I don't know how frequent flyers to different time zones do it!

People who don't manually close doors behind them, but instead let the door loose to SMASH!!! back closed.

This is incredibly common. I simply do not understand why people just don't manually close doors behind them, but instead let them free to smash shut.

• Registered Users Posts: 30,430 ✭✭✭✭Tauriel

I will also add to your TA @eskimohunt people, i.e. my brother, who smacks door handles to open them rather than behave like a normal human being and open them properly by gripping the handle and pulling it down.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,513 ✭✭✭✭Deja Boo

So you know my neighbours? So loud it rattles the walls, no matter what time of day or night they come in, inconsiderate eejits.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,105 ✭✭✭Mundo7976

Unnecessary bitchiness of so many people

And it causes damage to doors, too - especially the kind you find entering apartment blocks in the city.

Hundreds of times a day of constant smash.

The lack of self-awareness these people have is incredible. And I encounter this almost every day, sometimes wondering if most people agree with me about how annoying and totally unnecessary this kind of thing is.

Yesterday morning, I was 2 cars behind a car that was doing about 20 mph.

I was thinking the same as you.

Eventually the car in front of me got a good opportunity to overtake them so I made my move as well.

As I passed the slow car I saw that all the windows were frozen and the driver had a little patch cleared to basically peek through 🙄

• Registered Users Posts: 6,949 ✭✭✭SuperBowserWorld

That indoctrinated feeling that I'm going to go to hell for not going to mass.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,732 ✭✭✭✭EmmetSpiceland

If skipping mass is the worst they’ve got on you I’d say your safe enough.

“It is not blood that makes you Irish but a willingness to be part of the Irish nation” - Thomas Davis

Now that you reminded me ...

Skipping confession ! 😂😂😂

I have to get up in a minute 🥹 lol

People trying to set me up with other people cause I'm single but I don't want to go out with anyone

Post edited by [Deleted User] on

• Registered Users Posts: 6,566 ✭✭✭Badly Drunk Boy

I finally tested positive for Covid this week, after avoiding it for the past 2 and half years plus. That's annoying enough. Yesterday my brother left some shopping on my doorstep since I hadn't been outside since Monday.

Later he texted me to say that in the minute he was at my house, my nosey next-door neighbour was out, asking how I managed to get Covid, and smugly says he never leaves the house without wearing a mask.

Yeah, he leaves his house for 20 minutes a day to go to the local shop (most of that walking there and back, with his mask on) and that's his life. I guess he wins...🙄

Having to watch every single word I say cause I'm single.. more to it than that but I'm not even bothering elaborating.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 25,297 ✭✭✭✭Strumms

My old man is the same… bad arthritis plus deafness is his excuse. Obviously a bit of carelessness too..It’s really got super annoying the last two years. I noticed a big crack in the plaster over the living room door last week. Then on checking over the box room one too… It’s not an old house but ….. 😏 handle smacked down, door slams.

Ran out off toilet paper when needed and a full 9 pack in another room 🙄

• Registered Users Posts: 13,654 ✭✭✭✭Dial Hard

Stream-of-consciousness posters.

• People all standing like motionless statues on a travellator, and taking up the full width of it so nobody can get past. Dundrum SC is a classic frequent case of it.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,237 ✭✭✭Jequ0n

Desperate attention seeking threads, as well as posts that blatantly condone and encourage animal cruelty. Seriously, wtf.

Wasting time on here when I should be doing something else. 😂

• Registered Users Posts: 2,952 ✭✭✭mikemac2

I ranted 2 months ago about my teamate who was 20-30 minutes late every day. She also argued with everyone.

After 4 months of work she got brought to HR and let go. Though HR didn’t decide this, the managers did. I suppose it’s not realy being fired. Probation is a chance for both employee and employer to find a good match. Sent home and will be paid for the notice period.

I had spent 3 years in contract roles trying my best to get a permanent job. Then when I finally got a permanent job I was made redundant. 😒 Then I got this role

TA’d at people who don’t value what they have. My teammate had a fairly well paying permanent job and threw it away. Living 3 km from work and last into the office every day. There are amazing hard working people out there looking for jobs and some people throw away their own jobs.

Oh well, lives goes on 🤷‍♂️

• Registered Users Posts: 25,297 ✭✭✭✭Strumms

Sky Sports.

paying for Sky Sports yet, today, Sunday, in December, fair enough there is a World Cup on but Sky Sports 1, 2 and 3 all showing the exact same WSL match.

one whole stand is completely empty….probably about 600 fans in attendance by my guesstimate..so if that’s the ‘in person’ interest, in a match being played in a capital city, London which is a hotbed of football interest… I think maybe the decision to broadcast this over 3 channels to an international paying audience is somewhat of a pisstake.

Chelsea then take the lead from a free that never was which provides a chance to their player who is two yards offside but the goal is awarded….. assistant referee who looks about 16 has the expression “ ok, I maybe got that erm, wrong err “

but as for the broadcasting…maybe the management could be not so lazy and provide US open tennis highlights ? Golf, Turkish domino’s live from Izmir… anything barring the same bastarding thing across the three channels.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,153 ✭✭✭Be right back

Watching a Rte documentary on the civil war. It mentions Arthur Griffith and Michael Collins going to London in October 1922 when both men had died the previous August.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,941 ✭✭✭✭cj maxx

I’ve mislaid my glasses . And also that it took 3 attempts to spell that sentence properly. I misled , mislead before mislaid 😡

Post edited by cj maxx on

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement