Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Masterchef: The Professionals

• 02-11-2021 7:26pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,980 ✭✭✭

Back next Monday 8th at 8.35pm in it's usual spot of bringing in the Christmas season. May actually be 7.35pm as Sky don't seem to have sorted out the time change yet.

22 episodes which is up from 4 last year i think so hopefully we see more out-of-studio challenges compared to last year.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 587 ✭✭✭twill

It seems to be two half hour episodes at 7.35 and 8.30 according to the Masterchef website. Not confusing or awkward at all. 🙄

Looking forward to the wider scope of the series this year.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,980 ✭✭✭Degag

Ah. Didn't spot that, odd. Guess they couldn't move Eastenders from 8pm🙄

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,504 ✭✭✭✭HeidiHeidi

Yayy, missed this, and the thread!

Bangers and mash - yum! With gravy even yummer!!!

But in 20 mins???

Did we ever discover what the deal is with Monica or Michel hiding in another room??

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,412 ✭✭✭Dave_The_Sheep

To be fair, the potato was already baked for them. Very doable.

Again, the disparity between Marcus' and Monica's skills tests. One, bangers and mash, two butcher a monkfish and do it with a pea and bacon ragu.

• Advertisement

Tonight's lot not covering themselves in glory with the skills test!

They all talk up a good game, hopefully with their own food we might actually see what they can do.

God, I hate those stretchy earring things - so willing yer man out already 🙄

Well, it looks like I'll be looking at the stretchy earrings for a while longer 🙄

Fair play to him, he won that hands down!!

Dan looked the most shocked I think I've seen anyone when they announced he was through! He'd want to start believing in himself fairly sharpish, that lack of self confidence will do for him fairly soon otherwise I reckon.

What size of a calf did they get those huge hunks of liver from??? 😳

Nobody else watching this??

They've got a seriously strong set of contestants this week!

In an odd way, I find the contestants this year aren't quite to the standard of previous years. However, I don't think I've ever seen as strong a critics round from everyone as we had this year. Most of the time the critics are scathing but they were all pretty complimentary this year, a few minor quibbles aside.

I'm a few episodes behind, still at the SF stage, but at the moment the two Daniels and Liam would be my picks for the final. Let's see who gets there.

• Advertisement

Aaaaand this is where I get left behind again 🤯🥺

I was very sorry to see Daniel go, he had a real flair about him, but I think his Chef's Table round did for him. And not reinventing his dish in the reinvention round!

I just want to snap Aaron's head upright and get him to stand up straight!

I think my money is on Liam for this series. (I haven't seen what happens in the 3* restaurant yet, mind you.....)

Jeepers, watching Liam trying to hold it together through the judging was hard 🥺

My money is on Dan now (there's still a tiny bit of me hopes they can sneak Liam through though!)

Liam or Dan would make me happy personality wise. They're both very likable lads who are very skilled chefs. Would love for either to win.

Just watched it, that was very rough to watch. Lad was gutted, and you could see as soon as it happened he wasn't taking anything on board at all. Knew himself.

Delighted for Daniel though, real underdog I thought the whole way through. Thought his main was a little underwhelming to be honest, but he seems bang on and a super chef so **** it.

MC The Professionals is back on Wednesday, with a bit of Irish interest this time - Anna Haugh replacing Monica as a judge.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 14,320 CMod ✭✭✭✭The Master

My heart went out to Andrew from Lisburn this week, everything just didn't work for him from the start. He said several times he felt like an imposter (cowboy) there

Enjoying Anna as the new judge too

He had a bit of a mare, alright! You'd have to feel sorry for him - esp when the other three were sent through!

Anna is great - I thought Monica was good for the facial expressions - but Anna leaves her in the shade!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,957 ✭✭✭kirk.

Just watching this

It's embarrassing the carryon

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,952 ✭✭✭ebbsy

Final tonight at 6.15pm

What is always for sure is that one of the hot favourites will do something crazy and botch it up, ie the cauliflower stuffed with chicken.

My money is on the Asian guy tonight.

But the cauliflower stuffed with chicken got through!

That's exactly the sort of out-there dish that will win for someone.

I think my money is on Nikita - she's been best or thereabouts the whole way through. Was she even in the running for getting sent home once?

• Advertisement

Oh God almighty..... serving piping bag in your main in the MC final is not good....

Other than that, it's all sounding amazing, can Nikita top those??

I never thought I'd hear (albeit a posh version of) Exirah & Delirah on Masterchef!

I think Nikita has this in the bag.....

,,,,,and not the piping bag either !!!!

You were right in your prection. I cannot believe the 2 lads folded like that.

The right person won, she held it together so well

I was delighted she got the trophy - she really was rock solid the whole way through the series.

Well done Nikita!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,258 ✭✭✭Poochie05

Delighted for Nikita, would love to try her food!

Advertisement