Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dangerous Dogs Owners

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 148 ✭✭bobbyD1978

Gardai aren't the dog Warden though. Gardai don't deal with every single issue the country has even though people seem to think they do

• Registered Users Posts: 443 ✭✭BagofWeed

CSPCA are only about one thing, money. They don't even care about three dogs that are consistently blocking pedestrians from passing by and have a verified history of biting people too. All the complaints have fallen on deaf ears, yet a look at their website and its all about donations and fees for adopting dogs/cats. Same crowd receiving taxpayers money from Cork City Council to act as dog wardens for the city but won't even acknowledge or reply to complaints but are well able to respond to a flash of green.

• Registered Users Posts: 148 ✭✭bobbyD1978

Just read the full act and I didn't read that. Where did you see it?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,765 ✭✭✭satguy

Pit Bulls = Child Killers.

Some on here don't want to hear it,, maybe they change their minds if one of their kids is savaged to death..

• Registered Users Posts: 3,059 ✭✭✭xhomelezz

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,317 ✭✭✭gameoverdude

Technically they are correct, but the comment is in severe bad faith.

Any dog could cause mortal injuries, but it's risk management.

Children can turn into terrible adults without proper nurture and yes, training. But, I can generally read humans (and I can't out run a dog).

A big powerful dog who takes a dislike to me, I get hugely damaged or killed.

A yappy little dog can hurt me, but more than likely they come out far worse.

It's owners that are the issue. If they can't look after them and ensure the safety of neighbours, then what? That's why people can't have nice things.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,661 ✭✭✭...Ghost...

PBs are bred largely for their savagery. They are a predatory species on the the very outskirts of domestication. When they attack, they will attack whatever is the easiest target, be it a child, or a small dog. So, you might try to make fun of the terminology I used, but it's very much a reality. Just google "PitBull Attack" and see for yourself the images displayed. You won't see many of fully grown men with mauled faces.

I haven't called for mass extermination, but I wouldn't be against the idea either with some exemptions for responsible owners to allow their current pets to live out the rest of their lives. That means always on the lead with a muzzle and under control and failure to abide by this to result in the dog being destroyed and the owner prosecuted.

Were it to come to it and I were to be the one destroying one or more of these dangerous animals, I would have no problem looking into their eyes while putting them to sleep. Safer for everyone.

Go back to post #766 and see what you wrote yourself. You linked a PETA article about PBs being the most abused dogs in the world and you wrote in bold "Pit bulls are the most abused and neglected dogs in the world." Or have you now disowned your own comment?

It's bemusing that you are not able to recognise that in the context of the very article you linked, the word "mean" is tantamount to "vicious".

I think you might need to do a reality check and see the victims of these extremely dangerous animals.

Stay Free

I'd say you go back to your own post, cuz you can't remember the last highlighted thing you've responded to in this thread. Sorry.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,346 ✭✭✭Jequ0n

This thread is a prime example of people losing the ability to see clearly because they get too carried away with emotion. Seriously, as soon as a child gets hurt the pitchforks come out and all reason goes out the window.

I have never owned a pit bull, nor do I have any interest in owning one specifically because of the breed, but I don’t understand how people can seriously call for a whole breed to be culled just because some irresponsible owners can’t handle their dogs properly.

There are large parts of society that I would rather see controllers than a specific breed of animal eliminated.

Moronic comment right there. I referenced the comment you made, you failed to acknowledge this and threw it back. I linked the comment you made and you throw it back again. If I send a screenshot, will that help?

If you're not willing to engage in good faith and your only interest is blindly defending killer dog breeds and their scumbag owners, then there is no point in having further discussion with you, as you can't even stand over your own comments.

Stay Free

It's always easier to go extreme way, instead of actually targeting the problem and try to sort it out. It's actually amazing to see posters calling to destroy few breeds to justify their fairy tales.

Also owners of restricted breeds insisting on not using muzzles? Your thoughts?

I don't want extinction of any breeds.

Did you go back and check? Because I can quote your posts.

If you're not willing to engage in good faith and your only interest is blindly defending killer dog breeds and their scumbag owners, then there is no point in having further discussion with you, as you can't even stand over your own comments.

As for this, sorry dude, but trying to twist my posts this pathetic way.. Who would continue any discussion based on that.

Edit: Actually since you've managed to put scary picture in to your post, can I put one too?

Edit again😁: It could well be the face of our older lady, before she takes a bit of flesh out of your arse..

Post edited by xhomelezz on

Check my posts related to muzzles. I'm all up for it, all dogs in public should wear one. I do it on both of my dogs, even it's just one required to have it. Stupidity of restricted breeds list I guess.

Post 766

Yes, we can all add pictures of dangerous PBs.

We can also add pictures of what happens when idiots who own them don't have control of them.

[embedded image removed - can be viewed at link below]

Random one from April in the UK. Plenty here too

Post edited by Beasty on

Stay Free

Check your fooking posts, you keep pointing to the wrong post. Do you seriously want me to go back and quote your responses, or you can have a bit of cop on and do it yourself?

As for my picture, that's pissed off Labrador, but it's great to see you have a knowledge..

Any idiot owning any dog without properly looking after him/her should definitely be eradicated?

If it causes harm or is a significant danger(like roaming free), then yes, that particular dog.

• Advertisement

Actually, I went to check it myself, and I owe you an apology. Very bad on my side, was totally convinced you've answered originally to my other post. We might not agree on doggies, but sincerely apologies for my own mistake.

Sorry again.

Edit: as for your other things posted, well we won't agree on killing machines. But again I'm sorry for my mistake.

• Registered Users Posts: 216 ✭✭REPTILEDAN88

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2003849/Boy-3-left-horrific-facial-injuries-Labrador-savages-Poole-Harbour.html

https://www.mirror.co.uk/news/uk-news/mum-takes-down-mirrors-home-20333269

Just like these Labradors left these two kids, but anti pitbull people only ever see one breed doing everything wrong, no other breeds are ever at fault, when I have pointed out everything from Pomeranians to German Shepherds have killed people usually young kids make up the highest fatality statistics of dog attacks/bites. People who are any certain breeds keep saying Pitbull, again its a catch all term for multiple Bull breeds and alot of the time Pitbull attack ends up being some mutt with some sort of Bull breed/Mastiff genetics/look to them, much like the way certain terrorist attacks the perpetrators have a certain look to them but sure imagine trying to ban people of a certain culture in Ireland even when one of them beheaded 2 men or others attacked and killed people, banning then wouldn't happen. The killer in the case was a non national, the killer in the japanese student case was a non national, the killer in the Ashling Murphy case was too, are all non nationals dangerous then or is it Muslims which are dangerous given that in two cases the killers were Muslims, even the Gardai said one line of the Japanese students murder was possibly linked to terrorism. So do we start banning people then ? In reality banning doesn't work, the UK is a clear sign of that given they banned APBT's, F.Brasileros, D.Argentinos and J.Tosas in the 1990s, now despite the restrictions theres more APBT's than ever even when they were to be neutered as part of them being kept after being banned in the UK. The owners who would have likely kept the APBT breed moved on to other breeds like Cane Corso, Presa Canario, Am Bullys etc so now you'll see these much bigger breeds on FB etc being sold alot of which have their ears cropped something thats illegal in the UK unless for a medical condition same for tail cropping.

Social Media is partly to blame nowadays imo for people getting easy access to these dogs you only have to look at breeders/owners of dogs like Hulk the so called pitbull (some Mastiff breed x APBT )and id bet the majority of the likes of Am Bully breeders etc don't do BAER testing on pups etc, you only have to look at the dogs being bred to see owners are more concerned about how their dog looks vs how healthy the dog is mentally. Breeding for looks only leads to problems, like inbreeding to get desired attributes doesn't matter what you breed whether its dogs or something else sooner or later you'll have genetic problems like skin problems, deafness, cocker rage syndrome. A friend of mine had a Bull Terrier with what was basically like CRS and he was put down, he was only a pup but from 6months+ I think it was he became unpredictable and would be ok one min then pin you in a corner on the room behind a chair the next so my friend had no choice to have him put to sleep, she has kids and any one of them could have been a victim of an attack or her and her husband. Given she tried everything she could from training to getting him tested for all sorts, he wasn't a bad dog just wired wrong, for the time until he started showing those signs of aggression he was fine and even she knows its not the breed, and he came from a good home too it wasn't like he was picked off the street with her knowing nothing about him.

• Registered Users Posts: 253 ✭✭4shameee

It's the stats. It's the stats that piss me off about pitbulls. Nobody is naive enough to think other dogs can't be dangerous. They are just dangerous so so so much less often.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,346 ✭✭✭Jequ0n

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/comment/119983164/#Comment_119983164

Actually you did quote something else at the start and I thought I'm going crazy

And then you jumped to quote my other post right?

• Registered Users Posts: 216 ✭✭REPTILEDAN88

And again most people don't seem to understand just how popular they are in the US theres over 4million of them, chances are theres bound to be some owners/dogs that are negligent/aggressive and not trained etc. To put that into perspective theres about 5.1 million people living in Ireland thats almost 1/1 odds theres bound to be dangerous people whether they were brought up that way or just are aggressive. You only ever hear people banging the ban the pitbull drum if something remotely bull breed is suspected as the culprit and there was no calls to jail the owners/parents of the Rottweilers who killed 9 year old Glen Murphy in 2020 or 3 month old Mia O Connell killed by a husky/terrier cross in 2021. Yes the parents lost kids but if you want a just society then they too should face consequences just like any other dog or other animal owner whos owner caused the death of someone.

Expecting this. Yes owners should see problems. Regardless of breeds.

But, do you not think the dangers of big, powerful, aggressive dogs are more significant.

What should be done?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,208 ✭✭✭saabsaab

That's it in one.

The law should be changed so that a dog warden on being informed by a local farmer or neighbour, can put down any pitbull or similar dangerous dog, immediately. Much easier to do if they were outlawed first. At present how many owners even have licences? How many are muzzled in public? How many are on a leash? If this was in place that poor kid would not have been savaged.

<snip>

Post edited by Beasty on

• Advertisement

Dangerous so so much less often... Sorry but 😆

Advertisement