Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Bean to Cup Machine

• 18-08-2022 2:07pm
    Registered Users Posts: 17

Hi - My Nespresso Pod Machine has stopped working after 8 yrs of Service.

I want to stop using Pods and move to Beans, but I still want to just press a button for Americano or Cappuccino. I have no interest in Little jugs and cups, Steam Wands, separate milk parts, etc.! I think I have it narrowed down to the the 2 machines below.

Does anyone have either of these, or have any comments on the best option. (These are at the limit of my budget) - Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,595 ✭✭✭Citizen  Six

Not sure I'd trust a philips myself.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,792 ✭✭✭ablelocks

I got a siemens eq 500 from amazon.it last year, and very happy with it. I paid €426 for it delivered from the amazon.it warehouse.

At the time, i found amazon.it had the best pricing for coffee machines, both new and warehouse.

there's an eq300 as well which may also suit - currently on sale in BT at €419, which compares well v online prices

Have an Delonghi Magnifica myself and it works pretty well but eventually it's fairly basic with only an "ok" grinder.

I see what you posted about "jugs" (you'll still need to fill, remove and refrigerate and clean those integrated milk "jugs" on the machines above...) but nevertheless..

However something like the Sage / Breville Barista Express allows for bean-to-cup in under a minute (with tamping) but with the possibility of a bit more experimentation down the line (if you'd like that possibility) that other machines won't have (e.g. pre infusion options, has a better grinder with more settings built-in etc)

It's a bit of a step up in functionality and looks better also in a kitchen as it has that cooler "cafe-style" look and with a metal front that is a lot classier than plastic fantastic tack

That would be a good option imo if you can get one at a reasonable price

Splash out for new or even look for refurbished or used (ebay) or try de or it amazon warehouses also

it's 599 new here which is a very good price actually

https://www.telfordselectric.ie/index.php?route=product/product&product_id=8724

in silver or black

Post edited by [Deleted User] on

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 293 ✭✭pjdarcy

I've had a DeLonghi Magnifica for years (albeit the model without the milk attachment). It makes decent enough coffee. Not as good as you would make with a separate grinder and espresso machine but it's certainly drinkable and way less hassle.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,595 ✭✭✭Citizen  Six

I had to make 6 coffees in a row on my Sage Barista Pro at the weekend. I don't think I'd ever be able to work as a barista 😂

While away during the summer, I was using a bean to cup, and it was decent, and less work. Which was important as there were four of us using it daily.

But at home I prefer the Sage myself, as I only really drink espresso.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17 Maynis

Thanks All. I haven’t bought yet, but I’ll post a review here when I do!

• Registered Users Posts: 310 ✭✭Bubonic

I'm also in the market for a bean to cup machine, but I am looking for the smallest one possible, due to limited counter top space. What particularly concerns me is depth. Almost everything seems to be about 40cm deep, however right now. I am looking at the Krupps EA817040, which amazon says is 15.2 cm deep, but I have my doubts, the dimensions on Amazon are not always correct. Has anyone seen something not so deep?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 194 ✭✭xeresod

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,683 ✭✭✭zweton

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,297 ✭✭✭walterking

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,325 ✭✭✭cuttingtimber22

Any thoughts on Miele Bean to Cup machines?

• Registered Users Posts: 310 ✭✭Bubonic

I went with the Krupps in the end and its excellent. It is very compact in comparison to most machines on the market and makes great coffee. I haven't used the milk pieces, but for normal coffee I have no complaints and have barely bought a shop coffee since.

cool will take a look at this one, you started using different beans etc?

Advertisement