Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Marital Issues: Legal Advice Sought

• 11-12-2022 7:13pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3

Hi, My husband and I are having a lot of difficulties. We have argued non-stop since we got married actually and he keeps bringing up divorce every day (not pleasant). I do not want to leave the house as I would be concerned about where I would live as I am not from this area- he is and he has family here. For various reasons, I used all of my savings while we were living together and he sold his house and put the proceeds into our marital home. We are both living in the marital home and we both contributed to the marital home but he put the proceeds of his sold house into this house. I am concerned that this house will have to be sold and I will be homeless because he threatens it every time we argue. Can he do this? We both work but I'm worried about the rental situation. We're not young.

Appreciate all advice 😥

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,921 ✭✭✭Bananaleaf

Are there children involved? If so are they under 18 or still dependant in some way?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 243 ✭✭chunkylover4

Make an appointment with a solicitor as soon as you can. If you have a low income you might be able to obtain legal aid so check the criteria. What you have said here is too general to get proper advice on and a more detailed post and/or answer would be against the forum charter.

• Registered Users Posts: 140 ✭✭The Real President Trump

I know it's easy said but if you're able to figure why you're arguing everything else will resolve itself

There were reasons you got together and married

It's important to focus on your own stability now and into the future but don't let a fear of what may never happen rule you

Talk to each other, talk about what makes you happy and what causes frustration, if needs be do it with a counsellor but talk to each other

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,145 ✭✭✭✭Caranica

You can't get legal advice on here I'm afraid. Talk to a solicitor if you think there's a serious threat to your marriage. There's also a separation and divorce forum on here where people are very helpful.

I found the first year of marriage was the hardest, it was like the gloves were off. It got better after that. Lots of my friends have said the same and are still happy married but in my case we split many years later.

• Registered Users Posts: 3 sadh

We don't have any children. I suppose, thankfully.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3 sadh

This might be the case for us so thank you for sharing this insight.

Advertisement