Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Administrative Officer (graduate) (general) 2022 civil service

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8 truespark

Anyone know how high up the OOM they tend to go for each comp? I’m in the 400s - do I stand a chance?

• Registered Users Posts: 1 TheLukeFella

How far back do you think they will go, will anyone outside the top 1000 get called or whats the story?

• Registered Users Posts: 156 ✭✭mtb_sends

@TheLukeFella I think this panel only lasts for up to twelve months (according to the spec) so I doubt they will go that high, but thats only an assumption on my behalf

• Registered Users Posts: 26 cgordy

Does anyone know how far they got last year? I placed 483 today.

• Registered Users Posts: 34 Wolfskuil

It seems they called up to 450 in the general AO 2021 and up to at least 350 in 2020, just based on the old threads up here.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 176 ✭✭Juggler101

Back in the Oct 2019 competition, I came in a bit under 300 in the initial tests. I didn't get called to do anything further. Almost a year later, I got emailed to say that they were calling on a new batch to fill vacancies and did I still want to be considered? At that point, I didn't stay in the competition.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,677 ✭✭✭PhoenixParker

It usually ends up finishing at between 300 & 500 in the OOM.

Can't speak for last year specifically but that's been my observation over 5ish years.

• Registered Users Posts: 85 ✭✭vatsie76

I was happy last night to know i am under 1000 but now am disappointed to read that we stand no chance ☹️

• Registered Users Posts: 19 bjarbnickixo

I finished in the OOM 70's this time around and now being called to interview in early December. I just got assigned through a separate competition panel for AO, so this is very weird timing. I scored in the 1000s AO general OOM not even two years ago when I was working as a Clerical Officer. Anyone disappointed with their results, just know you're very well capable to getting through the interviews, especially if you're passing the competency tests already. Keep applying, you'll find you will improve with each competition. I barely passed the verbal reasoning first time around and just now feeling like I got the hang of it.

• Registered Users Posts: 85 ✭✭vatsie76

So at 850 OOM at stage 1 , there is still hope to be called for interview ?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 15 minersrepite

I got an oom of over 1000 in 2020 while half assing it frankly. I’m between 160 to 170 now and there’s not a huge difference in my scores. It’s all very fine margins. Be interesting to see how many they call for interview. We’re probably entering a recession year which may be impactful.

• Registered Users Posts: 31 mcg_philip

Hi all. I placed just under 300 in the OOM. Does anyone know how many they have called in recent years? Also, does anyone know if they are placing Irish language speakers as part of this competition?

• Registered Users Posts: 2 georrge

For anyone who has been through this before, whats involved and how do you prepare for the interview and presentation (specifically the presentation). I'm in the late 200s so not sure when or if I'll even get to that stage. How long is the panel open for?

• Registered Users Posts: 56 ✭✭elfie123

Got OOM in the early 300’s for this latest AO competition. Anyone any idea of when or if I’ll be called for interview ? 😅

Anyone else interviewing in the coming weeks? I can't say what they are, but the presentation topics are tough enough!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,134 ✭✭✭Lux23

My brother interviewed for it today, he was lucky in that a topic came up that he would be familiar with through his studies and current job. He was happy with how it went, they were a lot more flexible in asking questions and probing what he said compared to the Executive Officer interview so he is reasonably confident he might scrape through. He didn't get the Executive Officer position.

• Registered Users Posts: 14 odelazy

Does anyone know how quickly after interviews they'll announce the panel OOM?

My brother got an email today saying he had passed the interview stage and he is 49 in the OOM for Batch 1.

I got my results today, less than a week since the interview and I got higher than 20 (don't want to give exact figure)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 38 Sinradler

Ah WELL DONE! I got through in the top 30 so looking forward to being assigned after Christmas. I found the presentation & interview BRUTAL so I'm very relieved.

@odelazy Everyone from Batch 1 (Top 80 OOM from Stage 1) will have heard today, with their new OOM.

• Registered Users Posts: 14 odelazy

Thanks all. I placed around 50th so presume I'll have to wait a while but hopefully I'll get called too!

Post edited by odelazy on

• Registered Users Posts: 171 ✭✭apkmbarry

The email we all got via the portal said they were taking top 80.

So is everyone that passed the interview stage in Batch 1 likely to be offered a role?

I imagine that they exhaust one batch before going to interview a second batch? Not really sure to be honest!

• Registered Users Posts: 3 knockout18

Well done to everyone who passed!! You can put your feet up for the holidays now knowing you'll get placed sometime after Christmas ❄️I ended up getting assigned on a different AO panel so thought it best to remove myself from this competition's interview/presentation stage to avoid burnout 😓 Happy Christmas all

• Registered Users Posts: 171 ✭✭apkmbarry

Not necessarily, they'll usually have at least a batch ready to go, so as batch one get placed, they'll most likely have a batch 2 nearly ready to go. As batch 2 get placed, they'll start a Batch 3 etc. They won't go too far ahead, but are always ahead.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12 ZXCVBNMNB

Hi, I've gotten through the interview stage and I'm wondering if anyone knows how departments might be eventually assigned?

Is it randomly based on the number that you placed and available space or are people matched somewhat to a dept that suits their skills? I've heard before that some with skills like accounting are often looked by for certain departments but I'm not sure about other skills/backgrounds.

Advertisement