Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

New Shops/Businesses in Bray

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 41,062 ✭✭✭✭Annasopra

It was so much easier to blame it on Them. It was bleakly depressing to think that They were Us. If it was Them, then nothing was anyone's fault. If it was us, what did that make Me? After all, I'm one of Us. I must be. I've certainly never thought of myself as one of Them. No one ever thinks of themselves as one of Them. We're always one of Us. It's Them that do the bad things.

Terry Pratchet

• Registered Users Posts: 61 ✭✭ssaannee1980

Someone mentioned to me that Box Burger was being turned into a nightclub.... Unsure how true that is! Chinese Whispers!

I hope they're not taking Fika with it, only just discovered the place and I love it!

• Registered Users Posts: 21,455 ✭✭✭✭Alun

Apparently the Elephant and Castle is open. A friend sent me some photos.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,455 ✭✭✭✭Alun

The music was so loud in there, it felt like a nightclub already.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 84 ✭✭Shaneo87ie

Fika have just announced they’re closing!! However it seems like it’s just closing for winter due to cost of living and looks like it might be back open sometime next year

• Registered Users Posts: 2,084 ✭✭✭fjon

Yep, drove past the Town Centre and it’s open with a sign for elephant and castle outside. I never thought I’d see the day!

Joes chicken and Fika both day they are only closed for winter but I wonder…

• Registered Users Posts: 26,566 ✭✭✭✭Creamy Goodness

Can hardly believe the last few posts. Go away on holidays for a week and the box rumour is true and the town centre is finally open.

hope you’re all doing the lotto. Unbelievable things come in threes right?

• Registered Users Posts: 468 ✭✭browne_rob5

The energy costs in Fika must be big with all the heaters so not surprising to see that.

Can't wait to try elephant and castle!

You'd think there must be a plan for the building alright. Goldies or Platform could both be extended into Box Burger.

It was so much easier to blame it on Them. It was bleakly depressing to think that They were Us. If it was Them, then nothing was anyone's fault. If it was us, what did that make Me? After all, I'm one of Us. I must be. I've certainly never thought of myself as one of Them. No one ever thinks of themselves as one of Them. We're always one of Us. It's Them that do the bad things.

Terry Pratchet

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,944 ✭✭✭0ph0rce0

They are closing the side businesses because they can't keep them running with the high costs in the building. Platform must take in the highest sales.

I can't see them expanding anything as that's the whole reason for closing them in the first place.

I deffo see a food truck for box burger/joes popping up at some stage with a heavily reduced menu for takeaway.

They are builders. They are not going to leave box burger empty indefinitely.

Terry Pratchet

The latest Chinese whispers is that Daata Tandorii are moving into that BoxBurger location, as their current location (a building also owned by the Duggans supposedly) is not big enough... watch this space!

Post edited by ssaannee1980 on

• Registered Users Posts: 7,198 ✭✭✭HalloweenJack

I first had Box Burger years ago in the Eatyard at the old Bernard Shaw in Portobello so it wouldn't surprise me if they went the food truck route. Iirc, they did something similar at a festival a few years ago.

The Two Chaps are selling their van so that's definitely the end of the road for them for the time being.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,467 ✭✭✭✭murpho999

Now that would be good as the food in Daata is great.

Ive never been - but its always crazy busy which is a good sign!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,301 ✭✭✭George White

I can't say I'm sad at the news Platform/BoxBurger are going.

Post edited by 2011 on

Platform is not closing and I’d be pretty sure they don’t have a policy against people with autism

Post edited by 2011 on

• Registered Users Posts: 1,198 ✭✭✭bren2002

I can imagine Box Burger would be very overwhelming for an autistic person

THey banned me after I had a few meltdowns , especially after a sensory meltdown when they changed the chicken spice, and also I kept finding hairs in my chicken that were my own hair, but i didn't know at the time. 

Post edited by 2011 on

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 84 ✭✭Shaneo87ie

Looks like Daata is indeed going into Box Burger and they’re moving fast with the building work!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,728 ✭✭✭zoobizoo

New children's book shop opened on Albert Walk. Tales for Tadpoles.

Would be great to see some more of the shuttered premises open up there.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,728 ✭✭✭zoobizoo

New shop opening beside Holy Redeemer where the wine shop had been.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,084 ✭✭✭fjon

Saw a few days ago that the Town Hall Electric Shop is empty and there is some major work going on there. Not sure if the shop is gone or not, but it would be a shame if it was. It has been around in Bray for decades - I remember buying Commodore 64 games in there in late 80s!

• Registered Users Posts: 26,566 ✭✭✭✭Creamy Goodness

Sad news. Used to frequently buy stuff from him. Still had purchases unwatched at the time of his death.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,719 ✭✭✭SlipperyPeople

Sports direct have been confirmed for Bray Central with Pennys and Holland & Barrett set to sign contracts this week.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,520 ✭✭✭Peckham

Would be great. Source?

Good to hear some progress but think it' a pity about Sports Direct and H&B. Just turning into a mini UK centre.

• Advertisement

H&B will be particularly bad news for the two health foodshops already in Bray.

Advertisement