Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Colder this week, some wintry/snow showers, widespread frost and ice.

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,531 ✭✭✭Gusser09

Temps rising here in north kildare as the night goes on. A good sign.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,235 ✭✭✭Oneiric 3

Yet only about -1.5c here in the Tuam area but that could be due to that breeze that is blowing cold out there.

New Moon

• Registered Users Posts: 7,084 ✭✭✭pauldry

Have to say as much as I love the cold and the frost n snow etc I'm freezing cold. Was used to the mild muck.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,581 ✭✭✭✭Say my name

British met Office giving snow showers in Wicklow, Wexford today, Wednesday.

Edit: On reflection.. may be just cloud. 🤷‍♂️??

• Registered Users Posts: 109 ✭✭The Minister for Hardship

I usually love snow and cold but for some reason I'm not into it this year. I'm leaner and fitter than ever and really feeling the cold!

It's a strange thing to say but I'm looking forward to the first 17c to 19c days of Spring, usually mid April. I look forward to longer days, growth and warmth... I'm on the wrong thread ain't I 🤣

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,370 ✭✭✭lolie

Freeing hard out tonight but the temperature has risen a few degrees from earlier. There's a stiff breeze that would skin you if out in the open.

The Geminid meteor shower peaks tonight if anyone still up is brave enough to head out for a look, i went out for a bit and seen several small ones a one big one that left a big green trail behind it.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,634 ✭✭✭✭Graces7

Evening all.. Had a grand sleep and up to call home and SO COLD.

The last few pages make interesting viewing/ reading.. No idea what it going on here but we rarely seldom get snow so I will enjoy vicariously

• Registered Users Posts: 682 ✭✭✭US3

A balmy -2 this morning but there's a breeze that would skin ya. I'm dreaming of w wet Christmas

• Registered Users Posts: 1,171 ✭✭✭Kutebride

Clear skies Tuesday after that desperate fog Monday.

Heavy frost overnight. Sparkle Sparkle crunch crunch; all the paths walking to bus for commute this morning.

Busy main roads already seem sound with all the early commuters. (Not the same I'm sure for all our roads)

-2 Meath

• Registered Users Posts: 7,195 ✭✭✭pad199207

Like an ice rink in Kildare with a small dusting of fresh snow. Windchill -6°c 🥶

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,513 ✭✭✭✭fits

Buy yourself some warm clothes. ! You need wool 😀

I am severely allergic to wool but synthetics or a sythetic /cotton mix are grand to keep heat in and of course it is layering that really works. The invention of fleece materials was a great blessing. Wearing a fleece hoodie cat top with other layers and snug as the proverbial bug.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,374 ✭✭✭esposito

Please stop repeating yourself. We know you don’t like cold. Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 6,854 ✭✭✭CrowdedHouse

Surprised to find a positive temp this morning 0.8, has fallen back a little to 0.6. Min was -1.7

Nearest ACS is similar but Gurteen is -4

(Roscrea)

Seven Worlds will Collide

• Registered Users Posts: 2,479 ✭✭✭Kamili

Dusting of snow here in North Kildare,

Temps at -1.8

• Registered Users Posts: 1,976 ✭✭✭.Donegal.

7am

• Registered Users Posts: 53 ✭✭The_Outsider

For me here in Clare I woke up to -4.1c showing on the weather station and that bottomed out @ -4.7 just before dawn. Dunno where that -1 above came from!

Beautiful clear sky.

Anemometer frozen solid too 😲

• Registered Users Posts: 4,130 ✭✭✭davidk1394

Minus 3 on the gauge here in Grangemockler, south tipp. With the light breeze it feels like minus 5

• Registered Users Posts: 8,913 ✭✭✭Danno

Overnight low of -2.6c in southern Laois. The 10cm soils are down a bit from yesterday, currently +1.4c.

That breeze last night really drove the cold into every nook and cranny. Roads are frozen solid with a white sheen where they are not gritted.

Lovely sunrise out there now.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,913 ✭✭✭Danno

Freezing

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,348 ✭✭✭PokeHerKing

Still some lying snow/ice in my local park in D24.

Steady 2 degrees here for the past 24h now.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,828 ✭✭✭✭nacho libre

Met Eireann say it could get down to - 6 tonight widely, possibly several degrees lower locally. So i wonder could we see a - 11 or 12 somewhere. Unlikely, but you never know.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,084 ✭✭✭pauldry

Went from -2 to -6 in Markree from 6 to 7am. Also from 0 to -3 in Sligo in that hour. What caused the huge drop?

• Registered Users Posts: 513 ✭✭✭gerrybhoy

A dazzling clear glory out there. Clouding a little now but earlier an incredible sight. The cold beauty..

• Registered Users Posts: 4,348 ✭✭✭PokeHerKing

• Registered Users Posts: 1,557 ✭✭✭Billcarson

Suger coating of what looks like grapel during the night here. Temperatures have been steady the last few hrs between 0c and 1c.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,455 ✭✭✭Macy0161

Very light dusting overnight here near Roundwood.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,127 ✭✭✭piplip87

Lough Ramor this morning. Picture from St Kyrans Country House on FB.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,743 ✭✭✭micks_address

3.5 in North county Dublin this morning at 830 and no frost in sight.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement