Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

MG 4

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 466 ✭✭discostu1

Just to clarify I have a charger at home and a cable I use the granny when I am in West Cork it's just a top up but handy to have. Yes I hope/ that a type 2 charger will come with the car just odd MG don't seem to know

• Registered Users Posts: 217 ✭✭KildareMan

Maybe answered already upthread but can't find it.

Why is it Excite and Exclusive here and SE & Trophy in UK?

• Registered Users Posts: 356 ✭✭pandabat

Pretence that we're a different market or something but, since all demo cars that came here came from the UK and since all the cars coming to UK & Ireland share exactly the same spec, that's probably not really the case (not something that's limited to MG afaik though). Personally I think that SE & Trophy make much more sense to differentiate the specs rather than using two similar words to confuse the consumer (Excite and Exclusive).

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,041 ✭✭✭Patser

Top secret/partially secret/already leaked price increase coming to UK at least

From a purely commercial sense, it's a no brainer for MG - they are unable to keep up with demand as things are, and are undercutting VW by almost €10k, as well as smaller Corsa/208 - putting up price to maximise profit, while still being able to undercut rivals makes sense.

Wonder what it'll translate to here

• Registered Users Posts: 2,279 ✭✭✭Miscreant

Won't matter if you order before the end of the year here. I was told that if the price changes (up or down) that it will most likely be passed on whether you have a slot already or not. Price of the car will not be finalised with you until about a month before delivery.

If the price increases, I will have to think about whether to keep my order or not as it is already into the high €30k mark for the Exclusive and MG are a relatively unknown quantity here. The cars are competitively priced for this very reason, to get a foothold in the country. I have no doubt though, that they will continue to sell out... Price increase or no.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 99 ✭✭antseanoifig

Are all dealers looking at straight sales only for the MG4? Can't seem to find anything on PCP?

They will take a trade in and offer finance from different providers but there is nothing specific on the website.

I was offered PCP, HP and a straight car loan when I went in. Seemed to be mostly Bank of Ireland finance.

I've said I'd do a straight sale with them, but was texted recently by Frank Keane sales offering a 'revised' finance offer if I was interested.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,695 ✭✭✭MojoMaker

What was the highlight of this revised offer as a matter of interest?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,134 ✭✭✭✭AMKC
    Ms

That's great. Can't wait to see them on the road in the metal.

Live long and Prosper

Peace and long life.

• Advertisement

• Registered Users Posts: 99 ✭✭antseanoifig

Interesting. Going to pop in to Sheils today and see what they are offering in that case! Not averse to straight sale but PCP with a potentially strong future value might be worth considering.

• Registered Users Posts: 17 dotsie123

Did anyone get a revised price for January delivery? I have asked for an invoice but not heard anything back yet

My trade in would push me over the 30% max deposit for PCP, so that was ruled out. HP and a straight loan were offered but I can get a better interest rate elsewhere when the time comes. I only ordered the car 2 weeks ago so it will be a while before I get that "one month to delivery" call from the dealer. They will only lock in the price at this point once you agree to purchase the car. Any trade in you may have will be valued at that point but obviously this will not happen if you are going for a straight sale.

I'm almost certain I was told that the price MG will sell the car to me is set, the whole 'final price may change' was in relation to any government change to ev grant or vrt - I put a deposit down in November, so just after budget, so there were/are still rumours of changes in January

Edit - looking into it, seems to be a grant reduction kicking in from July next year

Yeah, they mentioned the possibility of a grant reduction when I was in but I am hoping the car will arrive before the end of June. If there is a difference of a few thousand between June and July due to the grant being reduced, I will go for the registration in June instead. I don't think it will have a huge effect on the value of the car in the long run. I could be pleasantly surprised by the car arriving early either.... we'll see. 🙂

Where did you put your order in again @Patser ?

• Registered Users Posts: 645 ✭✭✭Killer K

For what it is worth, the MG4 was announced yesterday as The Irish Times Car of the Year for 2023.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,877 ✭✭✭Buddy Bubs

Not the best car out there of course but I couldn't begrudge it. The only really practical EV that will fit into the average new family car buyers budget. Same price as an e-up and zoe really. 10k less than its opposition. Game changer car.

@Miscreant Frank Keane

• Advertisement

I got my deposit back on my 64kw Leaf and ordered a 64kw MG

Got my deposit back on the 64is Leaf put it on a 64kw MG

Is there a difference in Spec between the Long Range Trophy and the Long Range Exclusive can’t find an answer online

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,134 ✭✭✭✭AMKC
    Ms

No they are the same car just it's marketed as the Exclusive in Ireland and the Trophy in the UK.

Here it is the excite and the Exclusive.

In the UK it is the SE and the Trophy.

Live long and Prosper

Peace and long life.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,744 ✭✭✭horse7

Clair Byrne show today about Ev,s in general,not much we don't know already but I am concerned about spare parts for the new MG4.

Post edited by horse7 on

Didn't listen to it. Why did they highlight spare parts being an issue for the MG4 over and above any other car?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,695 ✭✭✭MojoMaker

Ask who sponsored the program first and you might have a clue.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,555 ✭✭✭eagerv

I did listen to most of it, but didn't hear him specifically mention the MG. I did hear him mention Tesla parts though.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,744 ✭✭✭horse7

Was about new Ev cars in general no mention of MG at all, but dealer can't give any information on spares.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,555 ✭✭✭eagerv

To be fair we are waiting on a part for our Ioniq 5 (Driving fine, but a sticking gear selector). Nearly 4 weeks now, they hoped for a max of 3 days.

Advertisement