Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

You've been looking in the wrong direction, the dangers are coming from the right.

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 13,507 ✭✭✭✭Igotadose

In actual right-wing threat, seems like Oath Keepers (yinno, Stuart "I shot my eye out cleaning mah gun" Rhodes' mob) apparently have a fair few members in the DHS. Nice employee screening they do.

More than 300 individuals on a leaked membership list of the far-right militia group the Oath Keepers described themselves as current or former employees of the Department of Homeland Security (DHS). Members were employed at DHS components such as the Border Patrol, Coast Guard, Immigration and Customs Enforcement, and the Secret Service, according to a review by the Project On Government Oversight (POGO).

• Registered Users Posts: 1,290 ✭✭✭BruteStock

Hoping gbnews goes under so the flow of information swings only one way in a fascism.

Encouraging political violence is fascism. . Bombshell viral video.

• Registered Users Posts: 82,943 ✭✭✭✭Overheal

VICE followed and reports on how the Stand Back and Stand by arm of the GOP pivoted its own agenda to suit the national party's interests in brewing up a bogus culture war

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 21,630 ✭✭✭✭Tell me how

Is that it? Those two tweets? Where's the bombshell?

You can break the peace through protest, does that mean that you are violent or threatening the life of someone?

MLK said that without justice, there can b no peace. Was he advocating violence?

This version of 'Both sides' is as weak as most of the rest that has been tried here.

From the right, we had this.

Link

Roger Stone is heard saying 'let's get right to the violence' in unearthed footage from 2020 election handed over to January 6 committee

and this.

Link

Donald Trump’s former national security adviser appeared at a Dallas QAnon conference and was asked by an audience member “Why what happened in Myanmar can’t happen here?” Flynn responded: “No reason. I mean, it should happen here.”

And this

Link

Rep. Marjorie Taylor Greene posted a tweet Saturday declaring that “today and everyday is 1776” only hours after denying under oath that she knew the term was sometimes used as far-right shorthand for violent uprising.

And this

Link

Rep. Paul Gosar tweets altered anime video showing him killing Rep. Ocasio-Cortez and attacking President Biden

And this

Link

"I'd put the heads on pikes. Right. I'd put them at the two corners of the White House. As a warning to federal bureaucrats: Either get with the program or you're gone,"

And of course we now know that Trump told supporters, who he knew were armed 'but not there to hurt him' that they needed to match to the Capitol on Jan 6th and they needed to fight like hell.

So, on one side, you've sitting Representatives, National Security Heads, at least two advisors to the President, the actual President himself (and I didn't go near the likes of Tucker and Charlie Kirk and Tim Pool et al), and these are just a flavour where these people explicitly refer to violent acts towards their political opponents. And you want to equate this to someone saying justices should not have any peace? A phrase used by campaigners for literal decades.

Once again, your position and argument validates the thread title.

And, it yet another threat from the right, TFG's Kraken-loving eejit lawyerbot Powell apparently coordinated a campaign to voting machine software and make it available to any and all. Brilliant. Just in case there weren't any machine hacks, now they'll be much easier to accomplish.

b-b-but drag shows

thats why we need to end democracy

or something

Trump never said fight like hell on that podium. Yet the qoute is printed on the thumbnail. Its more lies like the link you posted that falsey claimed trump said something anti lgbtq. Your source of information is from faulty state run medial corporations.

The nazis were adept at psychological coercion and seduction using powerful propaganda to manipulate the minds of the nation. True naxism and fascism pushes their "truth" through state sponsored media. So many were and still are cheering for the death of gbnews because it presents the real truth.

Transcript of Trump's Jan 6th speech.

Link

Are you going to edit your post?

• Advertisement

Trump never said fight like hell on that podium.

oh, which podium was it then? 🤣

How are you so confidently incorrect about this? I'd love to know. And you have the gall to gaslight about nazi propaganda while doing it!

"And we fight. We fight like hell. And if you don't fight like hell, you're not going to have a country anymore.

Our exciting adventures and boldest endeavors have not yet begun. My fellow Americans, for our movement, for our children, and for our beloved country.

And I say this despite all that's happened. The best is yet to come.

So we're going to, we're going to walk down Pennsylvania Avenue. I love Pennsylvania Avenue. And we're going to the Capitol, and we're going to try and give.

The Democrats are hopeless — they never vote for anything. Not even one vote. But we're going to try and give our Republicans, the weak ones because the strong ones don't need any of our help. We're going to try and give them the kind of pride and boldness that they need to take back our country.

So let's walk down Pennsylvania Avenue." - TFG, Jan 6, 2021

A crowd that Trump knew was illegally armed, no less.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 38,727 CMod ✭✭✭✭ancapailldorcha

The foreigner residing among you must be treated as your native-born. Love them as yourself, for you were foreigners in Egypt. I am the LORD your God.

Leviticus 19:34

Still waiting for you to edit this.

There's something very 'twilight zone' about talking about propaganda and the manipulating of minds while posting something false and then refusing to correct that when it has been pointed out to you repeatedly.

Although, to be honest, finishing it up with declaring GBnews presents the real truth will probably lead to most people ignoring the rest of what you wrote anyway.

Thought this tweet was 100% accurate.

And this is what it is referring to.

Link

Mark Meadows Exchanged Texts With 34 Members Of Congress About Plans To Overturn The 2020 Election

The Messages Included Battle Cries, Crackpot Legal Theories, And ‘Invoking Marshall Law!!’

Again, thread title, confirmed.

When the right wing advocates come back on here in January and in to next year (well back on here to post, not just read) and they start talking about whatever BS Jim Jordan is pushing know that this is why Kevin McCarthy threatened phone companies to try to get them to prevent disclosing these communications.

These people wanted to take over the country after losing an election. That is and was the real danger to society, drag show outrage, CRT outrage and more items like them were being used as decoys to prevent a focus on the real concerns. Shame on every one who took part in this, and those on here who support such a mindset.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,063 ✭✭✭TheIrishGrover

Trump never said fight like hell on that podium

Oh my God.....

• Registered Users Posts: 6,826 ✭✭✭RobbieTheRobber

Some of those texts are mental. Especially considering they are coming from elected officials.

What a weird world Americans live in though when some of them are worried that life under Biden would be like "under a corrupt Marxist dictatorship" 🤣

Deranged is a suitable description. But when they are elected are actively calling for sedition then they are also dangerous. Deranged and dangerous.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 38,727 CMod ✭✭✭✭ancapailldorcha

American culture seems to involve keeping people terrified that someone is going to come and take their stuff. Of course, the people actually taking their stuff are doing it with nobody asking questions. It's what all of this culture war nonsense is supposed to facilitate. This is just the logical next step. If people obsess with an election that clearly was not stolen then nobody is asking questions about inequality.

The worship of violence and greed facilitates this. You can get rich if only you work hard enough. If you question the system, you'll just make everyone poor. Arm yourself with the latest from Colt just in case the left try it anyway.

We know from history that masses of people who struggle to exist are ripe targets for radicalization. The morally bankrupt right know this, fomented this and took due advantage. It's just the latest scam and they lap it up.

The foreigner residing among you must be treated as your native-born. Love them as yourself, for you were foreigners in Egypt. I am the LORD your God.

Leviticus 19:34

Well, at least you're acknowledging he said it.

But, are you really trying to equate a Constitutional lawyer saying they are going to have to fight like hell to protect the constitution, and a President who refused to accept he lost the election, called on the VP to refuse to certify the election, and was talking to people he knew were armed and were going to go to the Capitol.

Is that you're position, that these are essentially the same thing?

• Advertisement

You may have heard the suggestion that when Republicans express concern/outrage about the Dem's doing something, it's often closer to an admission than it is an accusation.

Time and time and time again there's incidents of them expressing outrage at something and then going 100mph at that behavior.

• Claiming to be the party of Law and Order on the one hand, while refusing to hold Trump accountable for his actions with the other is one such example.
    • Claiming to be the party of family values, and suggesting Herschel Walker epitomized that despite him having threatened to kill his ex wife, abandoned his children and paid for abortions for his mistresses is another.
    • Claiming to be the working class party, focused on benefits for the wealthy and big business is another.
    • Claiming to be prolife, being against gun control and affordable healthcare is another.
    • Claiming to be for free speech, wanting to control the press/shut down protests is another.

I could go on.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,286 ✭✭✭✭Tony EH

@Tell me how

Well, at least you're acknowledging he said it.

Baby steps...back to reality.

One of them even came out yesterday after the texts were released and said the only thing he regrets about it was his poor spelling of Marshall law. Ralph Norman iirc

So is “we will fight them on the beaches” but if you say it to an armed mob then seconds later order them to March on the Capitol that’s incitement.

Really pathetic with your Nazi gaslighting crap

• Registered Users Posts: 19,286 ✭✭✭✭Tony EH

It's almost as if context matters.

More details of Paul Pelosi’s attacker. He had a hit list:

Mr. DePape said in a police interview hours after the attack that he had other targets, including Gavin Newsom, the Democratic governor of California; the actor Tom Hanks; Hunter Biden, the son of President Biden; and the feminist writer and anthropologist Gayle Rubin, according to testimony on Wednesday.

his trial is proceeding

I assume Tom hanks is on there as an anti Trumper. He even made a fake announcement he was running against him for POTUS on SNL with Dwayne Johnson a few years ago

Real heroes can dress in drag.

"The intention had been to photograph the British troops rehearsing in drag for their Christmas charity performance which also was another way to keep themselves entertained.

Suddenly the troops were scrambled to deal with the approach of Luftwaffe bombers flying across the Channel to mount raids over southern England. With no time to change back into their uniforms, the men went to their battle stations still dressed head to toe in women’s clothing and wearing their helmets.

Other pictures show the men applying makeup to each other, running up steps as their dresses blow in the wind, and showing off their undergarments on stage. One soldier, in one of the pictures, can be seen wearing a bullet belt over his skirt."

• Registered Users Posts: 349 ✭✭McHardcore

Gardaí take part in European operation targeting online content from far-right and terrorist groups

https://jrnl.ie/5950777

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,826 ✭✭✭RobbieTheRobber

Another violent racist right wing attack has taken place.

This time a French national with previous history had attacked the Kurdish Community in Paris resulting in the deaths of three.

Advertisement