Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

All Random Lego chatter!

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,032 ✭✭✭RGARDINR

I done 2 separate orders there well one just after midnight on the 9th for 202 euro to get the fleece blanket and I had the code for the camera to use so happy there as got a lot of free stuff there. Was 187 points short to get the other fleece blanket. But the other half and my daughter are in Birmingham so I asked them to pop inrmto lego store there which they did and spent 13 pounds and I got the 187 points on mto my account so I just went on and could get the other fleece blanket. Made the order there for 60 euro and threw the fleece code in as well. So fingers crossed I get them before Xmas as will give my 2 boys a fleece blanket each. Had ordered stuff black Friday and only arrived over last few days so I say it will be touch and go if I get them before Xmas but here is hoping.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,199 ✭✭✭artvanderlay

I had a go at my first winter Lego scene. It's a bit basic and I chucked in a couple of Harry Potter sets with the Christmas sets (and the wife's art school!). I think it looks pretty good though. The table gives it an icy feel: perfect for these cold days. I'm not a big Lego collector and had to work with what I have. I only spend €10 a week on Lego and only started when COVID kicked off in 2020, but I've got a few nice sets now. I also couldn't justify spending big money on lighting kits, so I just bunged on a cheap set of Christmas lights on this! Hope you all enjoy. Ho ho ho, Merry Christmas fellow Lego fans !!! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,356 ✭✭✭seraphimvc

that looks absolutely incredible aha!

Ye i never understood how those light sets cost so much - honestly most of them dont even look that good... so your lights actually look good in comparison ha, it makes sense to light up the surrounding rather than the inside of the set lol. great stuff.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,379 ✭✭✭davetherave

Chanced my arm on the chat with customer support about getting the double points applied to the Technic Mclaren set I ordered last week before the 2 x points was announced. It was on back-order until Friday and only shipped yesterday so I said I'd chance my arm because it was a big set. Went on and was nice and polite, gave him the story, and that it had dispatched during the promotion period and fair play to him, he said they can't always apply promotions outside of the promotion date and this should not be taken as a precedence but I should see them appearing on the account in a few hours. That'll will pay for another one of the adventure rides.

• Advertisement

That's cool now. I suppose there looking at it that it's points and not a GWP you were looking for so maybe a bit more wriggle room for them to give you that.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,171 ✭✭✭syboit

Post edited by syboit on

Yeah I think you done right I made an order on the 9th and 10th of December. Still in warehouse. Was hoping to get them before Xmas. They would want to be shipped by Friday the latest to hopefully have a chance to get them for Xmas.

• Registered Users Posts: 684 ✭✭✭brianomc

Has anyone tried using a one4all card in the Lego shop in town? It's not on the list of retailers but as its a new enough shop I was hoping they just weren't added to the list.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,994 ✭✭✭Theboinkmaster

doubt it - one4all vouchers are a pain in the hole.

• Advertisement

Well my 2 lego orders came yesterday. Was happy out as got the 2 blankets between the 2 orders and a lot of the free lego GWP purchases as well. I believe there maybe from 1st January 2023 a 1980s space themed GWP with 150 spend so people might want to hold off till then if ordering after Xmas.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,356 ✭✭✭seraphimvc

cheers for that tips actually, i still have another blanket voucher to use aha (thinking one of those chinese new year sets. The blanket is surprisingly a good size and nice quality - it smells bad though so we gave it a quick wash ha.

And ohye I just saw today there is a sweepstake on this rando 2014 LotR fig - I spent 50 points for the lulz

• Registered Users Posts: 4,433 ✭✭✭Josey Wales

It can be hard getting rid of those cards. I generally get onto the support and get them to transfer the balance to my bank account. They charge €3, at least it was a couple of years ago.

• Registered Users Posts: 78,404 ✭✭✭✭Victor

Yeah I still have the 2 blankets in their plastic but yeah heavy now and big was surprised to be fair. Yeah would be tempted lile you to use my points to get another one ha. The Chinese set for 100 seems v good value as lots of minifigures. I want to get the new monkey kid set base for 100 that's out 1st January. I would not be surprised if the GWP isn't 1st January as lego would sell loads then would of thought more mid January.

That's it apparently.

• Registered Users Posts: 894 ✭✭✭stevexo

Here is my updated Christmas village

• Registered Users Posts: 2,495 ✭✭✭NinjaTruncs

That looks excellent, great job.

4.3kWp South facing PV System. South Dublin

Love it! The Shrieking Shack is a nice addition.

• Registered Users Posts: 894 ✭✭✭stevexo

Cheers, I love the idea of the TARDIS hiding in the corner. The Doctor always has to have a Christmas adventure!

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 3,092 Mod ✭✭✭✭ktulu123

My first time building a winter Village. Happy with the outcome.

• Advertisement

That's awesome! Well done. Nice set up on the scene and the lighting makes it look magical. How did you do the ice rink? Custom job or is it the Chinese New Year set?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,639 ✭✭✭Glebee

Is there usually any discount on Lego in the sales after Christmas, want to pick up something for myself to tide me through to new year.

Usually argos would have a good sale on them from today but its crap this year, really disappointing. Lego site has sets reduced nothing I want tho. Smyths might come 1st January when the new lego sets reduced. I thought amazon would of had a sale today as most places do but no nothing. So it's really bad this year at this time of year usually I would of gotten loads in argos sale today but there reductions are really poor this time round.

Argos used to have great sales, with stuff marked down and then a further 20% off with a code. I got some great sets that way. Don't know what's happened recently but I haven't got any bargains in a long time anywhere. The only thing I see at the moment that is a good deal is the Seinfeld set for €56 on the Lego website, but I bought it already (at €80).

Yeah really disappointing this time round at this time of year. Argos has not been as great this year but I have gotten some good deals still but usually on Stephens day they would have half price sets on sale. Yeah I got the Seinfeld at the reduced price before, wasn't going to let that set slide by me.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,639 ✭✭✭Glebee

Very little reduction in any Lego stuff post Christmas, if anything some prices have increased. Will hang on till Jan 1st and see what that brings.

Yeah it's the Chinese new year set, just modified a good bit. Fits in well with winter village and loads of mini figs

Had to bite the bullet as loved the 80s and early 90s lego theme. Just wish the threshold wasn't as high or literally wasn't right after Xmas but I would regret not getting same if sold out. So spent 190 today on lego site to get the free GWP. I just won't look at the credit card bill for a while lol.

Anyone manage to pickup the speed champs Nissan Skyline? Smyths in carrickmines only had a few of the new sets, seemed to be clearing shelves. Only managed to get the new Bugatti. Much stock in the lego shop I wonder?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 352 ✭✭T.C.

Yeah, they've got some in the Lego store.. I can count about 8 on the shelf :)

Advertisement