Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

New Acres scheme

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,299 ✭✭✭Dunedin

So if you get a payment of say €4,000 then planner is €400. If I’ve picked it up right then that sounds very reasonable.

im paying €550 and my payment will be around €3100 I think.

• Registered Users Posts: 156 ✭✭massey 265

Seems to be a massive variation in charges all right.my previous planner wanted 700 for plan and 600 annual fee.all linear actions so no yearly call out.got it done last week for 500.shud come in round 7k if accepted

• Registered Users Posts: 18,474 ✭✭✭✭Bass Reeves

The 10% is for the farm visits if you have picked stuff to be scored. You would be crazy to pick the scored grassland option. The difference is 150/HA but you would want peatland pasture. At the kind of prices being quoted you would want to be getting the maximum score to have anything out of it and you would want the full 10 HA.

There is no way any advisor will be allowed to give max score to all there clients. They are charging 10% of your total plan for yearly visits. You would be better off taking options with no yearly visits at them costs.

Post edited by Bass Reeves on

Slava Ukrainii

• Registered Users Posts: 9,246 ✭✭✭tanko

I see the Journal reporting that 36,000 or maybe close to 40,000 applications to Acres are possible. What will happen if this is true.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,319 ✭✭✭Anto_Meath

Father in law applied for it yesterday. His planner told him there is a very low uptake on it in this area.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,929 ✭✭✭893bet

The choice is not one or the other. Assuming you have 20ha to play with though.

• Registered Users Posts: 377 ✭✭manjou

Waiting till I find out if can move advisor then will move all and then say fo. Held fire till tomorrow as need application done then . All linear actions just fencing to be done. Will pay but the yearly fee is what's annoying as all work is done just think that because you need advisor they charging what they want.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,230 ✭✭✭Sami23

Exactly you need to be trying to use the full 18ha available between these two action. That's what I did anyway even though I'll be lucky to get the minimum payment for Low Input as not sure how many of the required species I'll have for scoring next summer.

Regarding the planners fees there is no mention of them yet so I could be in for a shock when the bill arrives

• Registered Users Posts: 2,434 ✭✭✭High bike

Same as that didn't even ask about fees but if he rides me one year he won't do it again

Is there anywhere you can check on Agfood to see if the application was actually made for you ?

It's absolutely crazy that we couldn't do them ourselves if we felt comfortable doing so and anyone that wanted to use an agent could do so too

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,239 ✭✭✭✭Base price

We eventually got a plan sorted that we could work with. We are in a geese/swan area but tbh it wouldn't work for us even though it would get us into Tier 1.

We chose Extensively grazed pasture and Riparian buffer zone including planting a min of 10 trees. We should be hitting just over €5k.

• Registered Users Posts: 848 ✭✭✭Stationmaster

Yea, when you log in I think one of the first menu options is 'schemes' and when you click on that acres should be there and you can see if it has been submitted and the date it was submitted on.

• Registered Users Posts: 308 ✭✭RockOrBog

Finally got in contact with the planner just before the deadline and he says it's all under control and submitted although he was almost too busy to talk. Something about counting weeds and flowers in summertime, I have some commonage and live by the ocean. Around 400 for a plan and maybe 3k per year out of it. A far cry from GLAS. Good few neighbours gone down the organic route.

46,000 applications. Will be interesting to see what happens next.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,866 ✭✭✭amacca

Is that a combined total for Tier 1 and Tier 2...

46,000 farmers have applied for ACRES with funding in place for 30k. IFA have called on the Minister to find funding for the additional 16k farmers to be included in the scheme for 2023.

https://www.farmersjournal.ie/46-000-farmers-apply-to-acres-scheme-740000

• Registered Users Posts: 1,759 ✭✭✭mr.stonewall

The optics of not allowing all applicants to enter will be disastrous for the government. Monies will have to be found. Since this is tier 2 cap funding, top ups from governments are allowed

• Registered Users Posts: 481 ✭✭anthony500_1

I think I'm in bother lads, just logged into ag food, checked the expression of interest on the acres section....... It does not give an application submitted date.......... It's down as n/a.....

I'm still nome the wiser as to what exactly "expressions of interest" means tbh

The date on mine is well in advance of any plan I approved.....some here seem to think it means the date plan was submitted but no one seems to actually say what the hell it actually means

Is it simply just what it would mean if you were being literal.....ie: an expression of interest was submitted on that date?

Maybe your application has been put in and isn't recorded there?

• Advertisement

I checked mine again there. Under 'status' it says submitted and it gives the submission date as well.

• Registered Users Posts: 149 ✭✭Diarmuid B

You’ll be sound once the application was sent in by your planner. That date on the expression of interest is only the date you applied to say you were interested in joining. The actual application that your planner would have sent in goes in on whatever software/system they use for the ACRES portal so it wouldn’t come up on agfood. I would imagine it’ll be updated on agfood in the new year when they say your application is successful/unsuccessful.

Thats my take on it anyways.

Is that in a section titled expressions of interest though?

Sorry, I may have something of a bee in my bonnet about "expressions of interest" at this stage 😀

Yea, I know what you mean but I think that the title of the section is misleading as the details were updated on the day I know the form was submitted.

I checked mine and it shows the date that I clicked expression of interest/submission date which was the 14/7/22. Our plan was submitted three days before the deadline. The submission date has not changed.

Maybe I'm wrong so and hopefully I am if a few of the lads above thin they're not in because of what's showing up!

• Registered Users Posts: 387 ✭✭cal naughton

Surely you signed something with the advisor? I signed a few documents in the office with the teagasc advisor and to me I'm in because of that.

Most people including myself didn't sign anything - the advisor just said he submitted it so fingers crossed 🤞

• Registered Users Posts: 481 ✭✭anthony500_1

I didn't sign anything . Never a mention of signing anything either to be honest. I'm so up in a muddle with the hole thing and stressed about only meeting the planner last min, then to be disappointed by the small.amout of monies I'm entitled to that at this stage I'm at the point where I'm totally fed up with the hole thing. I'd have been a lot happier if I could have ticked my own boxes and be cross with myself if it didn't work out. This not knowing is just driving me soft

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 302 ✭✭Rusheseverywhere

Checked mine and says submitted under status. Just check with your advisor. I signed 5 year contract with mine

Advertisement