Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Harry and Meghan - OP updated with Threadbanned Users 4/5/21

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 253 ✭✭4shameee

• Registered Users Posts: 6,010 ✭✭✭Oscar_Madison

…just deserts I hope. - In recent years I’ve grown so cynical of charities in general especially in Ireland given the number of frauds uncovered and the vast sums allocated for “administration” - SVDP would be one of the few left I’d always support- if you give local, your money supports local and oversight and compliance tends to be robust enough - it’s volunteers, a budget that’s never big enough for the amount of needy people submitting requests- the local conference discusses as a group how to distribute the funds via food vouchers bill payments school book purchases and other such items that maximise the budget to address as many calls on their support as possible- it’s simple, it works- and you don’t have to be of african origin to benefit from it like her charity.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,927 ✭✭✭dogbert27

I'm sure there are a few here that will say it's the RF out to get her!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,178 ✭✭✭Be right back

OMG - even the guardian is getting in on the conspiracy now 🤪🤪🤪🤪

(Better explain for the simple minded on this thread, the above is a joke post- if you don’t get sarcasm or when someone is taking the piss, you’re probably better off not responding to any of my posts)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,236 ✭✭✭alan partridge aha

It's very sad, Harry appears now to have totally burned his breeches with the family.

Probably wrongs on both sides but to sell it and make millions on it leaves a very sour taste.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,701 ✭✭✭maebee

As far as I know, H&M said their relationship with her father broke down after he (stupidly) staged photos days before the wedding. It's very strange that Harry never met her father in the previous 2 years while they were dating.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,046 ✭✭✭✭Leg End Reject

Oh, the drama! I hope they show the proof the lawyer claims to have.

It's non stop, isn't it? And we have the book to look forward to as well. Zz.

Very strange alright- and I’d say she was quite happy to have an excuse to let him off as he didn’t fit in with her “brand” and newly found A list “friends” - it’s as if she wanted to cancel her entire family other than her mother- that’s quite sad too.

• Advertisement

Probably as much proof as this entire series of self indulgent verbosity has

• Registered Users Posts: 5,273 ✭✭✭xxxxxxl

It’s that but more- it’s like she was ashamed of them and didn’t want to be associated with them on a world stage .and while some of them were a bit dodge and hick, he pretty much cancelled them all without favour.

• Site Banned Posts: 12,341 ✭✭✭✭Faugheen

I love the way people demand Meghan shows proof of her allegations but yet anything that appears in the Daily Mail is taken as gospel just because it's aimed at her.

I posted a link from the BBC and her very own lawyer claims she has proof in the Netflix trailer, so I'm not sure who the Daily Mail reference is aimed at?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,022 ✭✭✭JoChervil

It's funny how some people think that all negative things said about Meghan is all DM doings. It's as if people (not her fans) don't have a mind of their own to come to certain conclusions only from hearing her own words. But yeah, it is so easy to dismiss it by saying it all comes from DM. Such a lazy way of thinking...

"Yeah, but the Daily Mail" is getting old at this stage.

Not everything posted here is even from the DM.

And "yeah, but Meghan" isn't?

Everyone knows what an elitist and institutionally racist institution the Royal Family has always been, and yet some people here want to feel sorry for them because Harry turned his back on them.

They put Harry through the absolute ringer when he was a child. Forcing him to march front-and-centre after the death of his mother for the entire world to see. Growing up to see the hatchet jobs that the media tried to conduct on his mother and on him, all while his father and his brother were and are portrayed to be of high esteem when we all know that they absolutely are not.

To then see this happen to his wife, and clearly with zero help from his father, he has every right to tell them all to go and sh*te.

The lawyer's claim of evidence is in the Netflix trailer. How is the Daily Mail, or any of your latest post, relevant?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,022 ✭✭✭JoChervil

all while his father and his brother were and are portrayed to be of high esteem when we all know that they absolutely are not.

Yeah, "tampongate" coverage in press was very high esteem indeed.

• Advertisement

It's very relevant. If no evidence is presented then they're called liars, whereas 'sources' tell the likes of the Daily Mail all sorts and it's taken as gospel for those who already have formed an opinion about Meghan.

The evidence of what a sh*tty organisation the Royal Family is has been there decades, if not centuries, before Meghan ever set foot on the scene.

You telling me none of that is relevant?

Do you think a lawyer claiming to have proof is equivalent to anonymous sources?

I think everyone accepts that these sources are sometimes the journalists' imagination.

My comment was that I would like to see this proof. If the proof is given and verified I shall have to reconsider my opinion. I hasten to add that my opinion wasn't formed by reading the Daily Mail.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,273 ✭✭✭xxxxxxl

The Royals do not set UK policy what have they done ? I'm sure it's easy to find link of racism and alike. Would not link the old charity worker in a spot of bother though.

If Harry truly wants no part of it, then hand back his titles and his inheritance from his dad, grandparents etc..

• Registered Users Posts: 799 ✭✭✭Juran

Harry was born into a family with wealth we can't imagine. Both the Crown wealth (housing, security, travel, clothing, etc.. paid for like a work expense), and the personal wealth of his immediate family and extended family.

The Crowns income comes from the government (tax payers money) and money from public and tourists paying to see royal castles, gardens, etc.

The RF personal money comes from inheritence of cash from past Monarchs, and inherited estates (eg. Duchy of Cornwall land which generates billions), inherited personal castles such as Balmorral, Sandringham and Glouster house and a few more dotted around the UK. Note, Buckingham, Windsor,Holyrood, Kensington, Clarance hse, Stormant castle and others around the UK are Crown estates, and not personally owned by the Queen/King.

So going back to the inherited wealth, this money, land (where farmers pay lease fees) and castles have been passed down the RF for hundreds of years. This would have orginally been tax payers money from the UK and across the british empire from hundreds of years ago. Over the past few centuries, monarchs and princes bought land, estates, castles on money collected from tax payers. They invested the revenues they collected from the people of the empire which in turn made more money down through the generations. Monarchs dont pay inheritance tax. Other members, such as the siblings and children get their inheritence invested into funds to avoid inheritance tax. They pay tax on the profits the fund makes, but save a foutune on inheritance tax over all. Harry & William inheritence from Diana was said to be £10M each, their funds were worth close to £20M 20 years later. Diana's money came from Charles after the divorce. Charles money came from income on the Duchy estates, inheritence from his grand parents, etc.. ie. Orginally collected as taxes from the british empire many generations ago.

Today the Crown is an offical function within the UK government with a budget, staff, protocols, security dept, travel dept, etc.. but the personal wealth of the RF is their own.

When people refer to Harry or anyone else using their personal money, they seem to forget that their personal wealth is off the back of british empire taxes, dues and revenues over centuries.

I do believe the Crown will have to put in place a formal process for members of the RF who want out. Signing an NDA, agreeing not to go on tv and slate the RF or publish books, allowing them to keep % of personal money in return they maintain a low key lifestyle, not allowing them to make money on their previous titles, some security arrangement (i,m not saying expensive police protection, but something for a while and safety risk assesed every few years), and other applicable measures for when a person leaves the Crown's control.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,927 ✭✭✭dogbert27

Looks like the Machiavellian RF have now got Howard Stern to be their mouth piece in the US! 😂

• Registered Users Posts: 7,406 ✭✭✭prunudo

Its all very 'me me me'. There are people up and down the country who dislike their inlaws but they just get on with it. The longer this goes on, and with the book due in the New year, you'd have to wonder if the only way back into the Royal family for Harry is if the marriage fails. He seems to be totally sucked into making money off badmouthing his family.

• Registered Users Posts: 40,142 ✭✭✭✭Boggles

Netflix’s documentary about Prince Harry and Meghan, Duchess of Sussex, debuted with a total of 81.55 million hours watched in its first week, the company said in a press release Tuesday. That’s the highest viewing time of any documentary to debut on the streaming service in its premiere week

Meanwhile his father is being egged in public and his brother booed.

Where did it all go wrong George?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,236 ✭✭✭alan partridge aha

As Nick Whitchell said, Harry seems very angry and it's all very sad.

Unfortunately for Harry there is no turning back now. I think this will end badly for him.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 40,142 ✭✭✭✭Boggles

I think this will end badly for him

Please explain, killed in tunnel in Paris badly or no season 2 badly?

From what I have seen they look remarkably happy, especially when you contrast it with the perpetual misery that is the Royal Family.

They always look like they are maltreated hostages. That is in fact what is extremely sad.

Advertisement