Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Harry and Meghan - OP updated with Threadbanned Users 4/5/21

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 40,142 ✭✭✭✭Boggles

But the more I see and hear of Megan

Really? I think most people are forming the opposite opinion.

She is charming, funny and extremely sincere.

The absolute polar opposite of the Daily Mail version. You don't think the gutter tabloid with the prolific history of printing BS is telling lies do you? Anyway something to mull over.

The reality is this young couple with their infant son escaped a cult. It's that simple.

But for the first time in history, we have people defending the cult. It's quite something. 😂

• Registered Users Posts: 3,010 ✭✭✭Shelga

Any reasonable points they make about the suffocating nature of being a member of the RF are wiped out by the fact that they’re happy to take a reported £88m to discuss those points. There’s no way to view that other than as money-grubbing and greedy. They are literally bitching about his family for obscene amounts of money.

They don’t have to live in a $25m mansion in Montecito. They don’t have to jet around the world in luxury. They don’t have to publish books and documentaries endlessly bitching about their treatment. They do it because they like the money and attention, it’s as simple as that.

If they want to cause a headache for the institution of the monarchy, job done. They’ll never break it up, but are happy to make money from their titles and privileged positions. That’s why most people are heartily sick of it all now. They need to get over it and move on. But then their cash cow would be gone.

Sure many people sell their stories after fleeing a cult.

But again this is the first time we have people defending the cult. You couldn't write it. 😂

• Registered Users Posts: 1,290 ✭✭✭BruteStock

Yet they want the "cult" emblems for themselves and their kids.

And remember Megan had a more extravagant, decadent and high profile wedding than the current King Charles

• Registered Users Posts: 146 ✭✭Staleturnips

"She is charming, funny and extremely sincere".

Are we talking about the same Megan here, serious question?

• Advertisement
  • Site Banned Posts: 12,341 ✭✭✭✭Faugheen

When you consider the other option was to stay and make millions off the UK taxpayer, the whole 'cash cow' argument really doesn't stand up to scrutiny.

It's quite a bizarre one. I mean, imagine complaining that people make money for themselves instead of sponging it off taxpayers based on a middle-age tradition.

The non Daily Mail one, yes.

I can't see how that confused you. 🤷‍♂️

I know it's hilarious isn't it, the cult openly showing off the gross decadence their subjects pay for.

You couldn't write it.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,955 ✭✭✭.Donegal.

I’m surprised it’s so low whenever they’re indoctrinated in to worshipping the royals from a young age.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,478 ✭✭✭valoren

My brother yelled at me three years ago? Oh no! The poor craytur who was in a warzone.

If anything revealing that makes William come out of this well. Zero tolerance for bullshitting siblings wanting everything for nothing. Publishing their request/demands on instagram before it could be discussed. Right to be angry with underhanded tactics like that. You can just see they're doing the role reversal manipulation of suggesting that the Cambridges are the big bad bullies in this shitshow.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,010 ✭✭✭Oscar_Madison

Episode 5 focuses a lot on the social media posts- pretty horrid hateful posts it must be said- but I just think you could fill a whole book with these type of posts but why give these idiots oxygen - I imagine it’s not easy to ignore such posts but as Jamie Lee Curtis said recently on TLLS- I don’t read any of them- and that, is the best response.

These guys are fixated on brand, on opinion- you had a simple job to do- cut ribbons and attend garden parties- if it wasn’t for you, then fine, leave- but they’re making too much of a song and dance which I’d say is their way of creating their new billion dollar brand- let’s see do they get there.

The problem is when you have people with large platforms ala Piers Morgan driving so much hatred towards you, it can be very hard to ignore.

And again, people complaining that they’re making money for themselves rather than sponging off the taxpayer is a genuinely weird trope.

I’m glad they’re exposing the Royal Family for the horrid institution that it is. Both of them are very annoying, it must be said, but I don’t understand how many people can’t see how duped they’re being into their indoctrination towards the Royal Family and the unhealthy relationship with what is supposed to be a free press.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,095 ✭✭✭Trigger Happy

Its hard to believe with all that is going on in the world that the headlines read 'My brother screamed at me'.

You would be embarrassed to be saying that outloud past the age of 8.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,859 ✭✭✭superflyninja

I dont and have never listened to Piers Morgan or read the Daily Mail. I formed my opinion on Markle mostly from content put out by her herself and her actions. The Oprah interview alone spoke volumes about Markle and her mindset. People can form their own opinions without the all holy Piers you know.

Not popular after all

All credit to the Telegraph poll but I have a far bigger one.

Most watched documentary ever on Netflix. Chitching!! People love hearing about victims escaping cults. 😂

• Registered Users Posts: 5,273 ✭✭✭xxxxxxl

Its funny most people at some stage will have got physical will a family member. From pushing and shoving all the way to a fight. For some.

I know a few posters here are hugely anti-monarchy- and it’s obvious from the position they take on posts others make- I don’t really care either way especially as I’m not British but there’s no doubt The Queen held huge respect and essentially kept all the traditions in place and that includes the relationship with the press and how the RF responded to certain stories, which essentially was a non response.

Here’s what I think:,

I think Charles missed a trick here not getting Meaghan more on side BUT

I think from watching the documentary Harry and Meaghan never really wanted that life - they’re taking 6 hours to explain something that really should take 60 minutes - that in itself is telling.

Bad and all the RF might be, they’re a known entity, they have a role in British life for as long as the Brits want them and they forge a path of tradition and consistency ( which of course is now coming under great strain from the revisionist historical anti slavery movement) - they could have done with Meaghan in their camp but Meaghan comes from a culture of “speak your own mind”- it would never have worked- but they’re having the last laugh imposing this piece of drivel documentary on the world- I may not have much respect for the RF, but zero for M&H at this point.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,236 ✭✭✭alan partridge aha

Maybe the anti RF posters are right. Harry is as happy as could be plus he's made huge money on selling out his family.

However I believe he'll wake up one morning and think " What have I done".

I don’t think he’s “happy” though- do you?

He’s a very independently wealthy angry man who relies on his wealth from living his life in a carefully constructed and produced manner since 2020 - while I wouldn’t say no to his wealth I certainly wouldn’t like his life- he’s not at all “free” as some people are saying here- he’s in a goldfish bowl and I think he always will be- it’s a different bowl to the RF, but it’s a bowl nevertheless - and I think he’s made himself and his family an object of ridicule for years to come

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,478 ✭✭✭valoren

What was his brother shouting? What was his father lying about? Bloody details like. Or do we have to wait for the book? Another money spinner. Do the supporters and anti-Royal lot not see how leaving out the specific details makes his claims completely toothless. Unless he gets into the nitty gritty that it's all rather toothless? But they'll be sued. Well then go there. Can't fight the wealthy Royals? Well then get billionaire buddies Tyler Perry, Oprah et al to spot you for legal fees and we'll see if they're really invested in your "truth" and want you living a life of love. If you're telling the truth, the actual truth, then it will confidently stand up in court. It's all very clever actually to leave out specifics and hope peoples bias against the bastard royals will be sufficient to sway such people. People questioning him aren't pro-monarchy as such. They just want the nitty gritty.

Post edited by valoren on

You mean sue for defamation or libel where it ends up in court under oath and everything is put on the record?

Nah, doubt they will be suing the ginger lad anytime soon.

I imagine he was enough information built up over the years that would blow the doors off the whole kit and caboodle anyway. I imagine they feel they are getting off lightly.

Season 2 though, you never know.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,273 ✭✭✭xxxxxxl

They cant sue yet no one has been named outside the shouting. I would wait myself in this case. They did not say what the shouting entailed.

Of course they can, he has made all sorts of accusations against named people.

If it isn't true, it's libellous.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,046 ✭✭✭✭Leg End Reject

It's up there with his belligerent "My father cut me off financially!" on Oprah, after they said they wanted to be financially independent. 🤣🤣

Funny thing now is that they are being financially independent and the likes of you are still having a go at them for doing so.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,178 ✭✭✭Be right back

They're financially independent by slating their families. Good, honest way to make a living.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,046 ✭✭✭✭Leg End Reject

"The likes of me" think behaving like petulant children while throwing all their family, bar Doria, under a bus is pathetic behaviour and very unbecoming for 2 adults who are nearly middle-aged.

They clearly have no discernable talent so that is their get rich scheme.

“the likes of you” - yep that really sums up this thread- you can’t have a discussion can you? You want to get personal with people- and now you’re being called out on it and you’re like a little kid acting like someone stole his toys- well suck it up buttercup- how does getting personal feel now eh? Want a conversation great- want to get personal? Not a chance!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,920 ✭✭✭Augme

Far more honest then spending your life scourning off the tax-payers for money.

Advertisement