Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

AED defibrillator locations in the city

Options
  • 23-06-2021 11:57am
    Registered Users Posts: 17

This is from 2008, updates for the present would be good. I'll enquire myself.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 81,220 ✭✭✭✭biko

Moved out from old thread so old info isn't confused with new info.

• Registered Users Posts: 13 Gagagogo

Someone has created this site to map AED's across Ireland https://aed.rescue.ie/
    You can submit locations that are not already added.

• Registered Users Posts: 483 ✭✭Stevolende

Had a defibrillating course dy a couple of weeks back where the app saying where defibrilators was mentioned but it as pointd out that addition to the listing was voluntary so not everything would be up. So I thought I'd bump this when I came across it in case any new ones needed to be added

• Registered Users Posts: 7,953 ✭✭✭_Whimsical_

Was using them or maintaining them difficult?

They're relatively cheap, a couple of grand, certainly could be afforded by a collection in the average Irish housing estate and neighbourhood. I wonder why we don't have more of them really, every housing estate could have one.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,278 ✭✭✭Unrealistic

Two main issues:

1) They get vandalised, frequently. If you have it in a locked cabinet you can reduce the chances of that happening but you run the risk that it will not be accessed in time when needed.

2) The battery needs to be replaced every couple of years and they are expensive. Often it's cheaper to buy a new unit.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,953 ✭✭✭_Whimsical_

Interesting about the battery, thank you. Certainly something to consider.

I'd have thought maybe someone could house it in a porch area of a home that's not locked at night maybe, somewhere residents are aware of but not opportunistic thugs. Maybe that's naive though.

Seems there are some housing estates in the country with them - they generally hold one nights training and it's open to everyone over 15 in the area. It would be great if there was more availability and more knowledge on use for everyone's sake. If anyone knows of an estate in Galway with one I'd love to hear!

Advertisement