Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

I don't know where we're going, but we know where we are? (Part whatever)

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 60,190 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gremlinertia

Still waiting on oil delivery, finished The Bear, absolutely brilliant watch especially for anyone who has worked in a kitchen.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,634 ✭✭✭✭Graces7

Still waiting .. The ferry is stuck over, waiting for the bus to get to the slipway from town. The ferryman said the roads are dreadful. Too far out to be priority for gritting. Soon be dark.. I have needed to be semi-nocturnal this week because of family contacts in Canada so way past my sleep time. As long as the neighbours get home safe.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,056 ✭✭✭✭cj maxx

Sitting in the cold on the sofa. I always loved dozing off in the cold. Need to wake up so i can sleep tonight.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,103 ✭✭✭SuperBowserWorld

😂

Lol

I think everyone is off a lot of the next 2 weeks in work or mentally switched off. My brain is fudge at this stage.

• Advertisement

The supplies finally arrived, almost in the dark. They said conditions "over" are very bad so they did very very well...Good neighbours are worth their weight in gold...and these are very good neighbours.

Getting the boxes from gate to house in the dark...was...interesting. lol..Cannot use my walking aid when two hands needed for each box.. All safe in now. Snugged in.

Way past my sleep time. Stay warm.

:)

• Registered Users Posts: 12,165 ✭✭✭✭Grandeeod

Agast at the COLD! I really am folks. The frost is tinkling around my feet and the car tires. REALLY......YES! Be safe one and all......SAFE!

In other news and real life, it's costing a hundred quid a week to heat the house to an acceptable level. So glad I got the Christmas shopping done early. I genuinely feel sorry for people feeling the pressure this week to buy stuff that really is just for the sake of it. I have my own problems but thankfully money isn't one of them. My problems are self inflicted and I hold myself accountable and do my best to get on with it.

Brought my mother into town today for her Christmas bits and bobs. Delighted that I can help her with it. She's 75 and doesn't do bullshit. Unlike others in her age bracket. My father is a grinch and my only sibling is stuck so far up her own arse that only she matters. We had a lovely time that finished with a Burger King which she loves once in a while. But we've done stuff like that all year too. Drama and BS free and memories that I have.

I'm on duty over Christmas delivering goodies to families who really need it. Not Social Welfare piss takers on the take. More those that are real victims of drug and alcohol abuse in the home that need to really rely on Social Welfare assistance. (Usually blown on booze) No matter how low I've sunk this means so much to me. People that aren't hooked on booze or drugs but actual victims of it. I can't stress that enough. A very sad time of year. My first time expressing it. You really have to be deeply involved in it to appreciate its scope. Makes me cry all the time and thankfull for what I have.

Sorry for the little rant and thanks for reading.

Beautifully expressed. Thank you.

And fair play for looking after others over Christmas. True spirit of Christmas there.

Haven't been in here in a bit. Hope everyone's doing good 👍

• Advertisement

(((Grandeod))) Stay happy. You are doing all you can and that means so much to so many. A kind face and a box of goodies given with loving kindness .. Gives that small ray of hope, a bright candle in a dark world.

There have been years for me when Christmas was a bleak dark time and someone doing what you do was a lifebelt. Literally. And they never realised.

For decades before that I had been with a strong Church and had been privileged to help as you are doing. Taking gifts to old folk who rarely saw a human face and were struggling. I did not realise then how much that small giving did.

Easier now thankfully - but you never forget, and never stop being deeply thankful. For the angels. Like you. A ray of hope..

My neighbour will , thankfully, never know what he did for me only a few years back, when I looked out to see a pair of legs under a huge box of goodies walking up the driveway. lol..I was new here then. And still able - just- to go over and shop. But that someone cares enough to do as you are doing? Lights up the world

Now it is essential, and the security and peace you take will feed more than the body.

Out here the Gaeltacht and other groups take good care of us old wans... once they know us. It has been even more so this year.

(((HUGS))) And take care of you too. Lighting a candle of hope is a strong and lovely thing to do.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,041 ✭✭✭✭Leg End Reject

Sitting in bed in knots laughing here. 🤣🤣🤣

Up at this hour! Shocking, ye heathens!!

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 12,749 Mod ✭✭✭✭JupiterKid

In bed reading a good novel that I've just started into. 📚

Just wrapped up a very heavy week of marking student assignments etc for a deadline tomorrow.

Absolutely flaked - but you know that feeling when you have been working at 90 all week and find it hard to decompress? That's me tonight.

Also coming down today with a rotten head cold... 🤒😬

Looking forward to the weekend... 😴 🛏

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 12,749 Mod ✭✭✭✭JupiterKid

@Grandeeod - that's a really decent thing you do to help out others in dire need this Christmas. 👍👍👍

I've done work with the SVP in the past at Christmas and it feels so good to bring some happiness to others badly in need of it.

Ah not not ever an addict to illegal drugs. But yes . to big doses of prescription tranx prescribed on a massive misdiagnosis for 30 years And that was a battle..with no medical help. I have severe M.E/CFS .. Once that was finally realised by a top consultant who no one could argue with I took full responsibility and spent a year getting myself off all meds ... then left the UK. For ever..Fresh start. That was over 20 years ago and now I am finally living where I always wanted to be... Small offshore island with as many rescued cats as i can fit in! Life now is fine and fair and good. Enough of a challenge to keep me alert... And yes, deep peace. My only regret ... so few years left! There are a lot of online support groups. I had huge telephone help from a group called Involuntary Tranquilliser Addiction. As there is with M.E/CFS. A lovely online group called " Phoenix Rising"

Been asked to write a book!

• Registered Users Posts: 10,162 ✭✭✭✭smurfjed

Good morning all.

Strange car selection this week.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,262 ✭✭✭✭Autosport

What I spotted out and about 🥰

• Registered Users Posts: 17,041 ✭✭✭✭Leg End Reject

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 22,262 ✭✭✭✭Autosport

I'll take the yellow peril please! Birighten the place up...

I love the yellow truck.

That and a warm country to travel around in would be really nice right now.

Freezing here.

Off today.

Just a day to keep the burnout at bay.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 60,190 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gremlinertia

Feet up and relax now, that's necessary for us people's too

Have to stay quiet, already have people planning my Todo list for me for the weekend. 🤣

This guy doesn't do burnout.

Got a big bag of dry cat food before covid, lockdown in case of Armageddon. Cat doesn't like it, or just some of it. Crushing it up for the birds. Hopefully there'll eat it. It's still fresh and it's a shame to throw it away. Going to try seagulls next ... if the garden birds don't take to it. And if they don't eat it, going to throw it around some wood for the rats and mice. 👍

Edit

Have mushed it up in some hot water and made a "pie" for the birds.

Post edited by SuperBowserWorld on

From my cat to your cat!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,898 ✭✭✭gifted

Am i the only person in here that completely dislikes cats?? 🤔🤔🤔

They're grand for catching the odd rat and mouse but theyre not the most loyal of pets.....now, for pure companionship i think you cant beat the dog 🤗🤗🤗 unlimited loyalty...

Advertisement