Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What does the future hold for Donald Trump? - threadbans in OP

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,970 ✭✭✭Christy42

I mean you shouldn't insult 60 million or whatever it was that voted for him but my word it was obvious what a scam all this was from when he first announced he was running. Of course now we will find that no Republicans ever supported him etc. etc. and it was all the other Republicans but now we are on to the cult of personality of someone who is definitely not the same thing in a different suit.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,710 ✭✭✭✭MisterAnarchy

Good man Donald, you have solved what to get for Christmas for so many people on this thread.

Imagine the opportunity of having dinner with such a great mind.

• Registered Users Posts: 826 ✭✭✭blackwave

Just thought I would visit patriots.win and even the top voted comments there are calling it a grift and a stupid idea with all the bad publicity around nfts. When they are turning against him it's a bad sign for him.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,569 ✭✭✭✭Tell me how

When he said he was making a major announcement, people thought he might be going to announce his running mate VP., I thought he might announcing his support for DeSantis (in exchange for prosecution protection).

This is it.

Everything is a grift.

Incredible to think this man became President even once, not to mind be in the conversation for again.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,911 ✭✭✭Tippex

The Grift that keeps on Grifting

Jesus christ this is hilariours

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,717 ✭✭✭✭briany

• Registered Users Posts: 21,569 ✭✭✭✭Tell me how

November - GOP Election catchphrases."The Economy", "Immigration", "Inflation"

December - GOP Presidential nominee forerunner. LOOK AT ME, I'M A CARTOON. GIVE ME ALL YOUR MONEY

• Registered Users Posts: 19,422 ✭✭✭✭everlast75

• Registered Users Posts: 5,268 ✭✭✭Cody montana

This is one of the most embarrassing things I’ve ever seen.

• Moderators, Politics Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 15,454 Mod ✭✭✭✭Quin_Dub

This is the former President of the the United States of America trying to sell cartoons of him dressed as a Super-Hero and a Cowboy - The President!!!!

If he wasn't such an utterly objectionable excuse for a human you'd almost feel sorry watching his very public demise.

We're not a million miles from him and Mike Lindell hosting their own show late night cable TV flogging their tat to insomniac MAGA heads.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,292 ✭✭✭✭duploelabs

They couldn't even give the time to edit out the obvious 20 something takes is took to record that

• Moderators, Politics Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 15,454 Mod ✭✭✭✭Quin_Dub

Every single thing about is low rent and pathetically shambolic.

It's Cheap tat , just like anything he has ever touched in his entire life.

This is the "Real Donald Trump" - A low rent door to door Salesman that the vast majority of people slam the door on instantly.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,442 ✭✭✭✭kowloon

If you're offering to buy me one I'd be more than happy to accept this generous grift.

• Registered Users Posts: 40,413 ✭✭✭✭ohnonotgmail

"Better than Lincoln , better than Washington" Sweet sufferin' jaysis.

• Registered Users Posts: 40,413 ✭✭✭✭ohnonotgmail

• Registered Users Posts: 5,273 ✭✭✭xxxxxxl

Genuine Question has he had a stroke. What's with the voice.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,077 ✭✭✭relax carry on

Can anyone think of any former world leader who is comparable to Trump after their term in office ended? It's mesmerizing to watch whatever this is continuing to unfold. The most perplexing thing is those who'll still support him even after all this. He could show up on a shopping channel selling pillows with Mr Pillow and they'd still think he was the second coming.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,036 ✭✭✭joseywhales

Loving the camel toe

• Registered Users Posts: 3,859 ✭✭✭Rawr

What you bet those NFTs aren't even actually connected to a block-chain and that you'll end up with dozens of MAGA idiots claiming ownership of the same image? Given Trump's relationship to technology (or to whatever bizarre type of tech person who works with him) , I can't imagine him doing this correctly. Not that creating NFTs in the first place is even a good idea.

I can also imagine that the "Prize" to have dinner with him will be rigged to ensure he doesn't have to go near a typical MAGA dimwit. Assumming he even does that.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,454 ✭✭✭✭Igotadose

Gee, the 'company' that created the NFT's might exist or not, and it looks like the artwork was scraped from the Internet, possibly without permission of the IP holders who are legitimate companies.

. Let me join my fellows in saying, "I'm Shocked! Shocked, I tell you!"

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,859 ✭✭✭Rawr

(Looks at link)

I thought this couldn't get funnier...I was wrong!

I had assumed that he managed to get some hack MAGA-friendly artist (I know they exist) to make these...but he could bearly even do that. Using reference images is a valid approach when making artwork (do it all the time in my cartooning), but this is just lazy copy/paste work.

And that the "company" is just this non-entity registered to a remote strip-mall in Utah? It's almost like he has a checklist of how to be a scumbag grifter and he's trying his best to tick off ALL of the boxes. Amazing.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,206 ✭✭✭HalloweenJack

Considering the target audience (MAGA fanatics with more money than brains), he only needs to invest the bare minimum. He knows people will buy them so the less he invests, the more he'll make back. They won't give a crap about the quality, it's all about the merchandise and the 'uniqueness' of NFTs.

In fairness to him, he knows how to spot a mark and milk them for every last penny. The genius move is identifying income streams that don't count as presidential campaigning.

I just feel sorry for the loved ones of those who buy these pieces of crap. I got a laugh out of the one where he's dressed line a militiaman. It's like he got a picture of Putin and photshopped his head on and stamped TRUMP on it.

All 45,000 of them sold out in about 12 hours!!!

$4.5M grifted from gullible deluded fools.

And ~200 of them bought the minimum 45 NFT's (so they dropped $4,500 each at least) required to win them a face to face meeting with the man himself in Mar a Lago , which will probably go the way of all the other similar offers he's made over the years in his fund raising - i.e. Will never actually happen.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,252 ✭✭✭Buford T Justice

Fools and their money.... Not surprised at all.

'Murica!

• Registered Users Posts: 19,191 ✭✭✭✭Tony EH

I don't think there's anything sadder than someone who's still a Trump fan. Especially one that gives him their money. 🙄

SMH

Completely agree , but you then layer on top of that the utter stupidity of spending money on an NFT.

Whatever about getting caught up in the early hype a year ago , anyone spending actual money on an NFT these days is an idiot.

But I guess there is a strong correlation between those two groupings so there is that.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,422 ✭✭✭✭everlast75

Imagine.

In 2020, we were told that Trump would be back, he was a shoo-in for 2024, "sleepy Joe" would be destroyed by a resurgent Trump - and where is he at now?

Inundated with legal issues, trailing DeSantis in popularity, disappeared from Twitter, his favourite daughter has stepped away from his career, and he's peddling his cheapest of cheap wares online for a few bucks in order to grift more cash from his followers while being pilloried by Bannon and Gorka for doing so.

He's so very close to disappearing down that drain he's circling.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,442 ✭✭✭✭kowloon

Speculation that it's not Republican boomers buying digital trading cards, but rather it's a method for money laundering. NFTs are unregulated, as are the cryptocurrencies he accepts as payment.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,710 ✭✭✭✭MisterAnarchy

You might want to get your sarcasm meter calibrated.

• Advertisement

Totally believable - Art has always been a very easy way to Launder cash , NFTs and Crypto just make it even easier.

Well - 200+ people spent enough to qualify for a face to face lunch with the man himself in Mar a Lago.

Let's see if real people actually turn up for that , if it even happens.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement