Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

PV Feed In Tariff

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators Posts: 6,087 Mod ✭✭✭✭graememk

When the smart rates are cheaper than day night.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,332 ✭✭✭SD_DRACULA

That's like saying when we will colonize Mars 🤣

• Registered Users Posts: 6,853 ✭✭✭Cork Lass

We received our Electric Ireland bill online last night and we have been paid our feed in tariff. We only got our PV installed at end of Sept so only a small amount (29.40) but they've paid it.

• Registered Users Posts: 88 ✭✭Winterman1234

Received my bill from energia this week and again no feed in payment. PV installed since 2019 and smart meter installed mid February 2022. I have previously been told I would receive payment in August, then October and again promised on my December bill.

The excuse this time

"Thank you for your email.

I tried to call you today but unfortunately, I was unable to reach you.

We had started to work on the Microgen bills 3 weeks ago but have encountered problems the with the bills.

The ESB is sending us incomplete data, so bills are wrong or not issuing at all. As a result, we’ve had to stop issuing CEG bills for the time being.

I sincerely apologise for this, and we are working with the ESB to start this back up again A.S.A."

Oh I know, but I'm telling you when 😂. But if the deemed was to go. I'm still not sure..

Im gonna be above 3k night units this bill.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 565 ✭✭✭idc

Thats good news, lets see if they pay my deemed export from Feb till the date I moved to Energia!

• Registered Users Posts: 118 ✭✭simpsimp

First bill from Energia, queried lack of payment for microgeneration, they emailed back...

Thank you for contacting Energia. I hope you are keeping well.

I can see on your account that you are entitled to credit back for what you export to the grid.

Due to an error with missing information on our system we have had to temporarily stop all payments for exported units.

This is not a decision we took lightly but we believe it is better to issue bills to customers rather that wait for the error to be fixed and potentially leave customers with a 4 month bill just after Christmas.

I do not have a timeline for the fix yet but rest assured, when the error is fixed all payments will still be backdated to 15-02-2022 or form when you were eligible on the scheme

If you have any further queries, please don't hesitate to contact us.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,989 ✭✭✭✭ELM327

Yes they messed up my bill too. I got the CEG payment but the wrong tariff was applied. I contacted and they advised it would be fixed with a reissued bill.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,528 ✭✭✭bullit_dodger

It's a couple of weeks ago, but I noticed I did get paid back start of Nov (2nd I think) for deemed export from Energia. Anyone who hasn't been paid in the last bill with Energia, I'd say it wouldn't be a bad idea to check that you have a NC6 form on file with ESB networks.

232 units @ €0.18 = €41.89 credit (this is based on a 5.3Kwp of panels and a 5Kw inverter)

Kinda nice I must say to see some money coming in - esp when I only exported 56Kwhr :-)

Yes I got the deemed export too. I have exported less than 20kWh to the grid since I got mine installed in the start of September. 8.2kWp and 6kW inverter. I aim to send as little as possible to the grid. When the batteries (currently 20kWh plus a few kWh in lead acid, plans to add more capacity next year) are full, I do as much housework as possible. I charge the car. I fill up batteries. I heat the water (we have 2 hot water tanks). I'd rather heat the space on my patio than send energy back to the grid for free. Most of the 20kWh I sent was in the couple of days where we had panels installed but no battery.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,454 ✭✭✭DC999

Really, heat outside when it's 0C outside?? "I'd rather heat the space on my patio than send energy back to the grid for free" And who's talking about free? We get paid FIT. Granted it's slow to come but it's started now.

It's free in that I get the same amount for exporting 0 or 1000kWh a year.

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,263 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

I was paid on last bill in mid October but not the bill I got this week. Going by other replies further up there's issues with deemed export or something and it's being held back for the next bill for some accounts.

• Registered Users Posts: 307 ✭✭redmagic68

Spent about an hour on the phone with Energia today and three call backs from them. Was told by them previously to make sure I was on the micro generation scheme with them when submitting my next read after it took 3 months to issue the first bill.

Long story short they’ve cancelled the first bill for Sept-oct for some reason credited the money to our account, can’t issue a second bill for this period November-Dec as we’re out of the billing cycle and they’re not allowed issue it the lady said so we’ll get a 6 month bill sometime in February. She then worked out what we currently owed (incorrectly) so that if we wished to make a payment we could to be further in “credit” but when I told her she was off checked and agreed.

All apologies and very nice then told me that deemed export has been a complete mess, Esb info given has been incorrect and unusable her words and that she thought that they’d have it sorted for my February bill but having spoken to the back room team doesn’t think so now.

Have to say she was a lovely lady and doing her best but was filled with confidence after the call.

8.4 kwp east/west Louth,6kw sofar, 9.6kwh batt

• Registered Users Posts: 2,735 ✭✭✭yankinlk

How is that everyone on this forum can use the formula and calculate deemed export since last summer... And these shower can't?

I mean working out PV size, use formula l, divide by 365? Pay out on days in billing cycle... Job done.

Even if they were lazier than that and just paid say 250 euro for the year for everyone on a day night meter they would probably be 90% accurate...

It's not Energia that does it, it's ESBN. Anything they buy from us, they don't have to buy from the grid.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,251 ✭✭✭DaveyDave

It took 2 weeks after calling Electric Ireland to get a refund after closing my account, got a letter the other day from ESB with the details. Not sure what way they're involved but it obviously adds a layer of complexity to the situation. Presumably this effects other aspects a supplier is involved in.

Similarly, the reason you get kicked back to your original supplier for 20 days after using the cooling off period is because ESB need to catch up.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,735 ✭✭✭yankinlk

Sure... But I'm talking day night meter deemed export. The only anyone needs is PV array size on the nc6 form. Get meter type, size of array...done.

Having said that I hear you. ESBN lost my nc6 once, I suppose they probably lose the data too

• Registered Users Posts: 322 ✭✭domeld

Got my first Electric Ireland bill. PV install completed on 30th of November, up and running from 1st of December. They paid me for 4 units - 21c/unit (1-13 of Dec).

Im surprised that they paid me so fast

• Advertisement

Old pay as you go meter converted to standard one (i think RM282)

So they’re just estimating your units until you get a smart meter?

No, this meter is counting export also, so far 9kwh

• Registered Users Posts: 1,237 ✭✭✭Galego

Can the electronic day night meters show export to grid? Not sure if I actually saw that option in the meter.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 19,021 Mod ✭✭✭✭slave1

No, only a Smart meter can show grid export. You can of course track yourself with use of CT clamps etc but only ESB meters count for electricity suppliers billing

My stuff for sale on Adverts inc. EDDI, hot water cylinder, roof rails...

Public Profile active ads for slave1 (adverts.ie)

They have been configured not to. The meter "knows" when you are exporting as the directional arrow changes on the display, however the meter is set to not count.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,237 ✭✭✭Galego

Thanks for that.

That's exactly what I meant to find out as the manual for the meter unit says you can displace export to grid.

• Registered Users Posts: 228 ✭✭curioustony

I parted company with EI as a supplier on Dec 6th. I wanted to calculate the FIT owed (they did not include this on my last bill despite it being after Dec 2nd). I downloaded the HDF file from ESB Networks. It has been reset to only show data since Dec 6th when I moved to Energia. Luckily I had one from late Nov -- still a bit frustrating as I am missing some small amount of export data.

Just a word of warning for those looking to utilize the HDF for import/export figures -- Download the HDF before switching.

And if interested, here is the python code that parses and calculates fit: https://github.com/Tonyslogic/tout-compare/blob/main/fitFromHDF.py

It runs only from the command line

🌞4.55 kWp, azimuth 136°, slope 24°, 5kW, 🛢️10.9kWh, Roscommon

• Registered Users Posts: 799 ✭✭✭niallers1

Switched from Bord Gais in May to join Electric Ireland. Electric Ireland paid feed in tariff on latest Bill from when I joined in May. Who should pay from February to May?

Should it be Bord gais or Electric Ireland? Bord Gais say they the will only pay if I rejoin Bord Gais and that they won't pay if I don't.

Post edited by niallers1 on

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,947 ✭✭✭paulbok

Got mine from EI this morning, approx €315 from deemed export. Checked the logs and deemed kWh is only 5kwh less than I actually exported.

Advertisement