Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

LIDL plus app

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 537 ✭✭✭RCSATELLITES

Don't let that put you off. It was you that should of been given attitude, as not only are you getting ripoff inflation prices but now you are getting charged over the prices displayed, which is happening alot more.

It happened to me the other day but instead of going in I sent a message to customer services through the app. They sent me €1 credit.

Everybody needs to make lidl aware of this scandalous carry on, and don't let them away with it.

We are getting robbed left right and centre as it is, so if mistakes are made I will surely be telling them.

It's up to the retailers to display the correct price and it's up to the consumer to point it out. Otherwise they will just say they were not aware of this.

Do you think in Germany a German person will let them away with 1 cent. I sdon't shink so.

• Registered Users Posts: 461 ✭✭go4it

got a few 'difference in opinions' with person at the till also - duty/store manager was called , exchange of arguments , etc - only once in Lidl, but a few times in Tesco and Dunnes .

Although there's a collective customer's opinion that shelf price has to be paid, the official store policy is that they can refuse to sell you at that price.

My understanding is that i can pay the increased price resulting from scanning the product, and only AFTER i can ask to be reimbursed for the lower price at the shelf - it's becoming impossible for stores to catch-up with price changes , and can't rely on staff to check and update

• Registered Users Posts: 9,331 ✭✭✭OmegaGene

Limited to four per customer, I had to put two back

The internet isn’t for everyone

• Registered Users Posts: 799 ✭✭✭kazamo

If only a small number of customers are noticing the overcharging and an even smaller number look for a refund……the retailer is gaining by not fixing the issue……and that’s the problem

This is in a Lidl thread but I have personal experience of bigger rip offs from other multiples and when addressed by the customer, the refund is given but the price discrepancy remains. They make more money from the false and misleading advertising and I am not aware of any penalty or fine for this practice. Even if there was a fine, what are the chances of it ever being imposed in this banana republic.

Does the retailer have to sell a product at the price displayed?

Retailers cannot deliberately mislead consumers when displaying prices, but they are allowed to make a genuine mistake and they are permitted to correct this mistake right up to the point of sale. Thus, if the price is displayed on an item is lower than the retailer intended to sell it at and a consumer brings the item to the till, the retailer is entitled to refuse to sell the item at the lower displayed price and the consumer can decide not to buy the product at the new stated price.  Once the mistake is uncovered, the incorrectly marked price should be adjusted as soon as possible.

Pulled this from the CAI website, kinda wishy washy and probably based on the legislation behind it. Up to the customer to catch the overcharge and still the retailer has the opt out from completing the transaction despite enticing you with a false promise.

We live in a country with an increasing number of genuine mistakes 🤔 🤔

• Advertisement

Got the candy canes with my scratch card today so shopping will be put off until tomorrow 🤣 back again for another easy peeler in the morning

You have brought up an interesting point re asking for lower price after purchase. Not sure if that’s purely on the goodwill of the retailer. If there is no legislation safeguarding the consumer then the retailer is in a win win situation. If you return the goods, and refuse to pay the higher price, then the item can be returned to the shelf to lure some other sucker into overpaying.

Re staff not being able to keep up with price changes. Its rare to look at a receipt and find that the till is lower than the display price. We don’t seem to benefit on that end of things. I would have thought it was quicker to change a selling price on a till than it was to print the display sticker with the new price and attach it, to the shelf.

I have sent an email to CAI re going back looking for refund and if it’s of any benefit, I will share

Update :CAI replied stating they don’t have the resources to provide an advice line so was pointed in direction of the state body CCPC. Website didn’t answer my query so email gone in…….I am a persistent bugger when I get started 😂

Post edited by kazamo on

• Registered Users Posts: 18,918 ✭✭✭✭Mimikyu

Tomorrow's offer.

Jaysus is that how much a bottle of coke is these days

• Registered Users Posts: 605 ✭✭✭Moving2017

It’s €1.50/bottle in Tesco on “club-card price”

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 681 ✭✭✭questionmark

I got 3 off 40 today , was not in store Thursday, and my last card was free candy canes ....

• Registered Users Posts: 5,456 ✭✭✭Nollog

1st is 3 off 40 I thought?

10 off 40 would be worth going for if Im wrong tho.

€3 off €40 is a bit pony I read here it was €10 off €40 🤔

sorry folks - got carried away! it's €3 off €40 - same sequence as last week

• Registered Users Posts: 10,417 ✭✭✭✭thesandeman

Hi guys.

If anyone's in Lidl this evening would he mind checking the price of these:

I normally pay €1.79 but just seen my receipt and was charged €2.19 each. I doubt they have gone up that much since yesterday.

Thanks in advance.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 523 Mod ✭✭✭✭TheKBizzle

The price has jumped up on loads of things so I wouldn’t be surprised. Loads of things I get every week have jumped up 20-50c.

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 14,119 Mod ✭✭✭✭pc7

Daily gold used to be €2.50, then €3 and they’d do two for €5. Now it’s €3.59! And the ‘special’ price is €3.

• Registered Users Posts: 353 ✭✭d1980

They were 1.79 last Sunday....Nice sweet tasting beer by the way...

• Registered Users Posts: 10,417 ✭✭✭✭thesandeman

Yeah, they were €1.79 yesterday. They have replacement staff in today in my local to cover the Christmas party so I'm thinking somebody might have pressed a wrong button somewhere.

• Registered Users Posts: 525 ✭✭✭EarWig

Was charged €1.89 on some peanut butter that was marked as 50% off at €0.99. I had four jars so it added up.

Woman on the till was perfect dealing with it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 28,403 ✭✭✭✭vicwatson

Anyone know what the deluxe butter is on this 20% off list? Don’t think I’ve ever seen it in store

• Registered Users Posts: 616 ✭✭✭Escapees

The wholenut peanut butter is still the regular €1.89 price, but it's the Maribel stuff that's reduced from €1.99 to €0.99, a bargain really!

• Registered Users Posts: 592 ✭✭✭Silverdream

jezz Lidl offers are as mean as fook. Most of them 20% offers they jacked up the price prior. No more freebies (not that any of them were of any use or even in store most of the time)

• Registered Users Posts: 18,918 ✭✭✭✭Mimikyu

Half price Ferrero Rocher tomorrow.

That peanut butter is great value, my local Lidl had the 1kg tub at €1.99 each

• Registered Users Posts: 525 ✭✭✭EarWig

I did get it for €0.99 and yes it is a bargain. But 1kg for €1.99 is annoyingly good.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,403 ✭✭✭✭vicwatson

• Registered Users Posts: 894 ✭✭✭tbahh

The crunchy peanut butter from that Maribel range is very nice too and for that price, it's a terrific bargain. While I still think the produce of Aldi is of better quality and tastes nicer, Lidl have them beat with the peanut butter - well, the crunchy one anyway.

there's always someone with deeper pockets, willing to spend more .

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 19,656 ✭✭✭✭Muahahaha

I remember Tesco used to have a 'no quibble guarantee' in that if the price was higher at the till than on the shelf then you would get the item for free. I wonder did they quietly drop that at some stage?

Have only had it happen me once in Lidl, I emailed CS and was told sorry thats the new price it just wasnt updated and that was that. Some Supervalus can be notorious for lower prices on the shelves than whats charged at the till, I always watch them like a hawk the rare times I buy some things there.

Advertisement