Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

RTB registration issues

Options
  • 12-10-2022 2:11pm
    Registered Users Posts: 117 ✭✭

Hi there, wondering if there’s any landlords out there having difficulty trying to register on the new RTB system?

I’ve been trying to register on their new system since mid September and register a tenancy.

I’ve followed all the steps online, spent three hours trying to do it, no luck.

I’ve emailed them multiple times and phoned only to be driven mad for 30 minutes listening to the same repeated message.

Is anyone else experiencing these issues? And has anyone actually got past the RTB’s recorded message and spoken with an actual human being at the RTB?

Thanks in advance.

Comments

Ya their system is a mess at the moment, you will eventually get through to somebody on the phone. Unfortunately they wont accept registration or payment on the phone. They suggested to me to make payment when the website is working again, pay the late fee and request it back after the registration has gone through.

• Registered Users Posts: 221 ✭✭suds1984

So I shouldn’t expect a reply to the online query I sent to them after being on hold for about 2 hours the other day….

• Registered Users Posts: 6,003 ✭✭✭handlemaster

No worries they will promptly process fines for late registration.

• Registered Users Posts: 117 ✭✭YipeeDee

• Registered Users Posts: 117 ✭✭YipeeDee

I thought 30 minutes was bad enough, I’d lose the plot hanging on for two hours.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 640 ✭✭✭MakersMark

Yep....3 months to acknowledge my dispute, but yet 3 days to remind me about registration fees...

• Registered Users Posts: 287 ✭✭dennis72

Last November paid a late reg fee twice site went down send them the bank authorisation codes they requested they never refunded me.

They have to much power and impossible to deal with.

Don't use them anymore

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 6,648 Mod ✭✭✭✭pinkypinky

I'm waiting on a response to an email I sent them in July about having a significant problem registering multiple accounts, after I tried talking to a bot for a while. In the meantime, they sent another email about registration. I printed off the form and sent a cheque with a copy of my not answered email. They've never followed up nor cashed the cheque, but they did send another reminder about paying the outstanding fee.

An absolute embarrassment. I'm trying to do the right thing but their system isn't fit for purpose and apparently no humans work there.

Genealogy Forum Mod

• Registered Users Posts: 634 ✭✭✭steinbock123

I’m in the same boat, just made my fourth attempt to pay, with no success , obviously.

So I says to myself, sure I’ll go in and pay over the counter.

And then I see on the website - our offices are NOT open to the public.

Fred Flinstone would be better organised.

• Registered Users Posts: 1 Bubbleman

I have been trying to setup online account since September with no succes, I have email RTE and now Sinn Fein to see if anybody can help. The RTB is not fit for purpose, it spent €7.5 million on there new website an over spend of 3.5 million on the orginal contract and it still doesnt work. I am so fustrated at this stage that when the no eviction mandate is lifted next April 23 I am going to sell all my properties after been 30 years a lanlord

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 52 ✭✭themoone

We received a letter in Sept. from the head of registration stating they could not reg property as information was incomplete. We contacted the RTB informing that we had not submitted a tenancy registration form this year and asked to receive a copy of the registration form they are talking about only to be told that it is ok they filled it in for us!!!. Then it seems they actually registered it with a number then did annual registration for it (there was no annual registration due) and that was given a different number so now I have a property with multiple registrations with different tenants names and number of rooms!! In addition to were provided with a tenancy update form to fill in not sure why. It is head banging at this stage.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,236 ✭✭✭Claw Hammer

Complain to the Ombudsman and the Data Protection Commission.

@claw hammer, thanks for that I have told them I will but will give a few days and if matter not resolved will follow through with complainted to Ombudsman will not be the first time, it usually get them moving. They actually asked for info regarding an old tenancy and told them it was terminated a few years ago they asked for the address that was listed in the subject 🙄.

• Registered Users Posts: 299 ✭✭Citygirl1

The RTB are beyond a joke. The tenancy of my property was due to be re-registered at end of July, but the letting agents were not able to do this, due to the problems with the site. Since then, I ended the tenancy, in order to put the property on the market. On Friday I received this email from my letting agent:

"Can you please make a payment to the below bank details for the re-registration of XXXX . The tenancy can not be closed off without registration and because of an issue with the RTB systems they were delayed in linking the property and are charging late fees . They have assured us that late fees will be refunded in due course . The registration fee is €40 and the late fees are €40 so if you can make a payment of €80 we can re- register ."

The idea that the RTB are levying a late fee, when the delays were entirely due to their incompetence, in my view, shows a staggering degree of arrogance. I am not prepared to pay this, as quite certain a refund will never be received.

@Citygirl1 Acutally you dont have to, please see the link from Nov. 11th

https://www.rtb.ie/news/registrations-and-customer-services-update-11-nov-2022. Of course this was snuck in.

This problem is on going since April i.e. a wopping 8 months now and has not been fixed.

Basically they set up a new system and did not seem to migrate the online account registration!!!. they actually advise anyone that has a registered account before November 2021 to register a new online account with them. I am not sure who would do that it!!. It is basic IT. As for the Data Linking Spreadsheet it is a basic excel spreadshit that my teen offspring would do a better job of.

Thanks for that news update. I've sent an email to the datalinking address outlining the issues with my 3 registrations.

Genealogy Forum Mod

• Registered Users Posts: 299 ✭✭Citygirl1

@themoone Hi. Thanks for sharing this link. However, on review, it's clear that, per point 2 (annual registration of an existing tenancy), in my scenario we are still expected to pay a "late" fee. It makes no sense! Particularly, as, per point 1, the do have the ability to waive this late fee, if they choose to. What a scam!

• Registered Users Posts: 634 ✭✭✭steinbock123

I sent my registration (now annual)along with a cheque by registered post back in November to their Cork office. I have proof of delivery. The cheque hasn’t been cashed and I have neither receipt nor acknowledgment. I have tried to use the “contact us” section on the website, composed a message, but when I press the “send message” button, it doesn’t work!!

So I tried emailing info@rtb.ie and enquiries@rtb.ie, but they don’t seem to work.

Does anybody here know the actual contact email address for this joke of an outfit?? The only one I could find on their website was disputes@rtb.ie, but I didn’t write to that as , even if I got a reply, I’ve no doubt they’d say I don’t have a “dispute “ so go away.

Actual Email address anyone??

@steinbock123 these are their e-mail address registrations@rtb.ie, also this is the accessofficer@rtb.ie regarding complaints ... etc.

You will find that the registration department has only a few call center employees that fumble along without adequate knowlege of the law. I have been repeatedly asked to fill in a Tenancy Update Form for a tenancy that was terminated by the tenant. The RTB website clearly outlines the form relates to "changes in an ongoing tenancy where one of the orginginal tenants remains" clearly that info has not reached their registration department. But dont expect them to respond quickly others have said it takes weeks.

I got a response from the datalinking address asking for me more details (I had already sent an essay) but nothing further since my reply.

Genealogy Forum Mod

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,233 ✭✭✭mattser

registrations@rtb.ie is the email.

1 hour 6 minutes today before I got through on the blower. Then I had to go to the property management office to help correct error made by rtb. Absolutely unfit for purpose, if you're the property owner.

• Registered Users Posts: 1 Coops67

What an absolute disaster the RTB web site is. I can't log in. I can't create a new tenancy. This organisation is a complete waste of time.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,994 ✭✭✭3DataModem

My advice is to do it by post.

They don't charge late fees if they get the form on time.

They never tell you you can do this, but they are obliged to permit it.

"How to register a tenancy by post? 

Paper forms can be downloaded here or by clicking 'Tenancy Registration Application (RTB1) Form at the bottom of this page. Completed forms can be sent by post to Residential Tenancies Board, PO Box 47, Clonakilty, County Cork, or can be scanned and emailed to registrations@rtb.ie

The RTB would like to remind all applicants if you are submitting a registration application by post, a fully completed Registration Application Form RTB1 is required. This applies to both new registrations and annual registration renewals. Should a registration payment be received and not accompanied by a fully completed RTB1 Form, the registration application cannot be processed. 

Please note, older versions of the RTB1 form will not be accepted and the most up-to-date version of the form must be used. The appropriate version of the form can be downloaded on this page under 'Related Downloads'. "

• Registered Users Posts: 6,236 ✭✭✭Claw Hammer

They have an Irish language version of the form. Great service if you register as gaeilge.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,804 ✭✭✭ballyharpat

Ive had fierce problems with them in one property in particular, I wrote on their complaints email and had the dates and details and the first names and times that I had made calls that were handled poorly. I wrote the email back in November, two weeks ago I got an email with an apology and a refund of E90 for a late fee from 2021, I replied to that and added a few more details of other fees that I felt were not my fault, I got a letter in the post this week with another refund, so all my late fees are returned, if they paid for the time I was on the phone and email, I could take a long vacation though :D

Advertisement