Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Need new provider for landline and wifi

Options
  • 17-12-2022 11:17am
    Registered Users Posts: 5

I've been with Eir for many years but since the end of Nov, I've been without internet and home phone, had an installer out on Friday who couldn't connect us and I'm at my wits end as they claim next installer that can look at our issue is the end of Feb.

Who would be best to move to for landline and home phone?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,919 ✭✭✭Grab All Association

Depending on connection type, if adsl/VDsl be sure to ask for your two months free line rental to be credit to you €50. Under eircoms USO with Comreg you are entitled to this

• Registered Users Posts: 1,769 ✭✭✭Ah-Watch

Are you getting a new service installed or are you logging a fault on the existing Eir service? If it's a fault then there's no way it should take until Feb. I ordered NBI through EIR at the 1st of December for my parents and was able to select the 20th of December for install but eir changed that date to the 18th of January 2 days after ordering so Feb wouldn't be too surprising if it's NBI you're ordering. I ended up cancelling that order with Eir and ordered on 6th with Vodafone and they installed it on the 14th.

All of the above is after placing an order at the beginning of October with Pure and Pure being beyond useless and not giving any date for install and never arranging call backs. 2 months of no support or follow up from them meant Vodafone got the business. I myself am with Digiweb and found them excellent to deal with but they work out more expensive than say Vodafone & Sky

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 10,439 Mod ✭✭✭✭xzanti

Do you mind me asking what part of the country you are in and what was the issue with Eir?

We've been with Eir since the start of the summer and the wifi has been crap the last few weeks. We're in Kildare.

• Registered Users Posts: 5 Kelly778

We had two faults logged on the 22nd November and Eir claimed they haven't got council approval yet to dig up the road to replace the copper wire so I thought that the best route to take is to try to get Fibre installed but the guy came on Friday and couldn't connect us.

I called Eir today as He instructed and they told me the end of February is the next date that they can commit to. I've asked for a call with a manager which I think won't happen.

I plan to get in touch with Comreg on Monday as this can't go on.

• Registered Users Posts: 5 Kelly778

I'm in Dublin, the copper wire has a fault and needs to be replaced and Eir claim they've been unable to get council approval for the works so we're stuck in complete limbo since then.

• Advertisement
Advertisement