Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Liberal US media now playing the free-speech card in light of Twitter bans

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 13,503 ✭✭✭✭Mad_maxx

Oh please, any sort of expressed reservation about say current levels of immigration are labelled racist , during lockdown anyone expressing reservations about how strict the rules were was accused of “ wanting to kill granny “

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 21,415 Mod ✭✭✭✭Brian?

It’s the Jordan Peterson phenomenon. Man has PhD so he must always be right.

they/them/theirs

And so on, and so on …. - Slavoj Žižek

If that’s the reaction you’re getting maybe the problem isn’t the discussion, it’s who you’re having the discussion with. Find new places to discuss.

I love some nuance, which is why I rarely debate on boards anymore.

People of a conservative lean have called me everything from a Stalinist to a pedophile. For saying that maybe we should listen to doctors about trans kids and pointing out drag Queen readings at libraries are no worse than Pantos. This is definitely a both sides issue. One of the few.

they/them/theirs

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 38,881 CMod ✭✭✭✭ancapailldorcha

The foreigner residing among you must be treated as your native-born. Love them as yourself, for you were foreigners in Egypt. I am the LORD your God.

Leviticus 19:34

• Registered Users Posts: 6,830 ✭✭✭RobbieTheRobber

Brexit supporting thinks Jewish people are involved in far left conspirscy and now heading towards anti vax.

But yeah something something liberal something

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 38,881 CMod ✭✭✭✭ancapailldorcha

This is a very long video but it does a really good job of exposing Peterson as being nothing more than another grifter:

The foreigner residing among you must be treated as your native-born. Love them as yourself, for you were foreigners in Egypt. I am the LORD your God.

That’s a fact that Jews have always been heavily involved in progressive politics in America, if it makes you feel any better they have always been heavily involved in financial markets, if you think I’ve some dislike for Jewish people?, come right out and say it, cut the sly implications

I also said in that old post that there were very good reasons why Jews crowded around particular industries, they were not given a fair shot in conventional mainstream areas and focused on areas where they could have creative freedom and control , wall st was dominated by WASP,s for a long time, the Jews beat them at their own game and good on em

You didn't say progressive in that post you said far left.

The “ pedophile “ slur is disgraceful but I would fight tooth and nail if “ drag storytime “ or “ gender fluid “ nonsense was introduced in the school my kids attend

I’d disagree but I’d be happy debate you if terms remained civil. They never did with others though.

they/them/theirs

• Advertisement

Can you show me on the doll where the moderator touched you?

It’s hilarious that you’re lumping all mods together. I was thread banned multiple times for expressing dislike for bigotry and calling people bigots. Mind you, I wasn’t as polite about it.

You know how I moderate posts in the fitness forum? Does it break the rules, yes/no. If it doesn’t it stays. That’s moderating in a nutshell.

they/them/theirs

You’ll never convince me he moderates based on ideology. He bans everyone.

they/them/theirs

If you want to debate, why have you stopped responding to people who disagree with you?

they/them/theirs

• Registered Users Posts: 2,841 ✭✭✭TomTomTim

It's not even hypocrisy. I don't advocate for the banning of anyone, but we're all well past the point of defending tyrannical leftists, who both beg for and cheer for the censorship of any dissenters. You had your chance to be defend years ago, but you blocked your ears and continue playing the game as you always have. Everyone I know who's against this stuff, warned you all that the tables could turn, but you thought that they couldn't, and now that they have, you expect those people who you wanted censored/banned/removed to come to your defense? You can't have your cake and eat it as they say, but still you'll try.

There should be lesson in all of this, but the left hates lessons, and any form of growth or evolution, so nothing will be learned.

“The man who lies to himself can be more easily offended than anyone else. You know it is sometimes very pleasant to take offense, isn't it? A man may know that nobody has insulted him, but that he has invented the insult for himself, has lied and exaggerated to make it picturesque, has caught at a word and made a mountain out of a molehill--he knows that himself, yet he will be the first to take offense, and will revel in his resentment till he feels great pleasure in it.”- ― Fyodor Dostoevsky, The Brothers Karamazov

By American standards, that is far left , the Bernie Sanders ( European style social democratic advocates ) are very thin on the ground

This is the go to tactic of said poster now, asking for proof of things he's both seen himself and done himself. Any threads on said topics proves said point, and he knows it, but still he plays these tedious games.

“The man who lies to himself can be more easily offended than anyone else. You know it is sometimes very pleasant to take offense, isn't it? A man may know that nobody has insulted him, but that he has invented the insult for himself, has lied and exaggerated to make it picturesque, has caught at a word and made a mountain out of a molehill--he knows that himself, yet he will be the first to take offense, and will revel in his resentment till he feels great pleasure in it.”- ― Fyodor Dostoevsky, The Brothers Karamazov

American standards involve school shootings being regular and tolerable occurrences.

I look forward to seeing some examples. When you're ready.

We've done this dance before. I told you exactly why I wouldn't waste my time. Both because you'd dismiss the proof no matter how clear as you always do, and because the claim is not speculative, it's an observable fact. You are the literal embodiment of that type of person, you regularly call people racist, far right, or whatever term is trendy at the moment, when anyone opposes immigration, or any of your values for that matter. I've seen you using those terms on threads that had literally nothing to do with politics many times. You don't just do it, it's something you're obsessed with doing, hence why you do it even when there's no just place to do it.

So you can't provide a single example of something I apparently do regularly. Exactly what I was expecting to be honest.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,290 ✭✭✭BruteStock

It was the media that said Musks Twitter would become a wild wild west of hate speech , racism etc. But Musk never once implied that hate speech or rule breaking would be allowed. Now the policies they pretended to care so much about are being enforced and its suddenly a bad thing. That to any unbiased observer is an indication of biased dishonest reporting. The media will distort and mangle their own standards in order to make him look bad.

To be fair, I think he said his standards would comply with the law of whatever nation a user is in. Doxxing technically isn't illegal, but I think there was always a rule against it on Twitter, which was not enforced leftward at least before Musk.

The left have always been "anti doxxing" the same way they are "anti racist", meaning that it's fine when they do it, but a great danger when the right does it.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,639 ✭✭✭Montage of Feck

Liberal smiberal! Yes most of today's problems are due to liberals jumping on the Ronald Reagan wagon, which is now careening off the rails. But still a fake tanned buffoon isn't the solution.

🙈🙉🙊

meaning that it's fine when they do it, but a great danger when the right does it.

Do you want to do a spot of the aul racism Tom. They way you talk about it in your post it nearly comes across as if you are upset you can't freely be a racist.

This is only half the story too, many of said journalists weren't just quite, they were literally getting in touch with these tech companies to ask for the removal of certain people. As usual though, they were slimy about it, and it often came in the form of shame; "Why is X person allowed on your platform", "do you endorse their views", "are you worried about advertisers".

Another one. Sadly I can't be frank with you, as you'd report me. As you know, as all sane people do, you appear to be hallucinating again. Not one thing in my post has anything to do with your response. You do this all the time to get a reaction, then hit the report button once you get the reaction you want. Or you might even report it several times if there was a method to. But to do that, you'd obvious need several accounts, and that's not allowed, so I'm sure you wouldn't dare, would you Robbie?

Now you are creating conspiracy theories about people on boards Tom.

🤣

I don't report your posts Tom. In fact I don't think I have even reported a post in the past 3 months.

Do you think I have a "mind virus" Tom?

CT forum can't compete with CA these days.

🤣👆

• Registered Users Posts: 27,564 ✭✭✭✭steddyeddy

The dogs on the street know but you or the op can't define it? That's pure stupidity.

• Advertisement

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement