Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Tesla Model 3 - V3.0

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,130 ✭✭✭innrain

Considering there is a command to open certain holes it would have been nice to have one to light you up. Not to mention an automatic feature would be welcomed. First World problems though

• Registered Users Posts: 85 ✭✭AFOL

Is it my imagination or is regen braking limited on very cold days? I have had to tap the pedal a few times this week

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 15,326 Mod ✭✭✭✭AndyBoBandy

Combination of cold battery, meaning reduced regen, and a recent software update also took some regen strength away!!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,526 ✭✭✭eagerv

Yes, a reduced green regen icon will show under the speedo since I think the last update. Can take a long time or battery heating before it disappears..

• Registered Users Posts: 12,816 ✭✭✭✭mfceiling

Software update stuck on 58% for the last 4 days. Tried uninstalling the app and installing it again but no luck.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,130 ✭✭✭innrain

but that is software uodate on the car not on the phone. Restart it with the two button method.

Tried that and it's still the same.

If I go into the car's screen it's telling me the car software is up to date as of 14 Dec 15.52

• Registered Users Posts: 1,547 ✭✭✭Redfox25

Open a ticket on your phone. They will resolve this remotely.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 18,968 Mod ✭✭✭✭slave1

In weather like this you can expect restricted regen all day every day unless you are on a long journey or have a high power DC charge.

My stuff for sale on Adverts inc. EDDI, hot water cylinder, roof rails...

Public Profile active ads for slave1 (adverts.ie)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,393 ✭✭✭Fingleberries

I hadn't paid much attention, as I presumed the reduced regen was cold temperature / cold battery related. Did the update reduce the regen strength, or did it just introduce the icon that shows when the regen is reduced for cold weather or other reasons?

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 15,326 Mod ✭✭✭✭AndyBoBandy

It did both.

I noticed a marked reduction in regen the day after I installed an update… and the temp was pretty much the same over both days/night……

they did the same with one of the big holiday updates either 1 or 2 years ago…. Completely killed regen, but then it slowly came back to normal over the subsequent updates…..

that’s my gripe with Tesla… they are always tinkering with settings which completely changes the characteristics of the car (and let’s not even mention how utterly sh1te the Vision / Wipers sh1tshow is!!!)

• Registered Users Posts: 24 col_keaney

Over the past few days, I've found the sensitivity of my brakes to be off when I first start driving - as in having to really push down the brake pedal to get the car to stop. It was actually a bit shocking a first, like the brakes were not working. I think this is a different issue to the regen. Is there any way to re-calibrate the brakes?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,526 ✭✭✭eagerv

As many here I am sure, got the latest 2022.44.25.1 this morning.

Haven't had a chance to play much yet, just a shortish journey, but like so far what I have seen:

Live camera now has option to view internal camera.

Radio/music bar now on bottom right of screen, making the map screen larger. You also have more options on this bar, eg you can scroll to get trip info or tyre pressures. I like having the trip info.

I think I will like the new indicator function. No real need to use the full left or right click at junctions any more. Just lane change seems to suffice, indicators will stay on till you change lane, or turn junction.

And best of all, you can externally fart now from app...🤣

fingers crossed * remembers last music device i.e. carries on with .flac from USB

Automatic wipers on cruise control are diabolical. Really useless.

Drove to Banbridge this morning and I gave up on cruise control and just drove normally. Wipers coming on randomly and making the screen filthy. I would give them a quick squirt of water to clear it then 10 seconds later they would come on at their fastest setting for no reason.

44% battery used to get from Terenure to Banbridge. Mostly sat around 110 to 120.

M3P 2020.

• Registered Users Posts: 733 ✭✭✭Buzwaldo

Same here. It’s good/encouraging to think the car is ‘evolving’, But some steps seem backward to me.

When I got it, it took a good while to get used to the heavy regen. Now I miss it.

The auto dim and wipers, and vision stuff are all backward steps to me - hoping it’ll be restored to previous iteration, or that we could opt out of particular aspects of an ‘update’.

• Registered Users Posts: 787 ✭✭✭Zurbaran

Biggest thing in the update for me is the indicators. It’s so much better than before, changing lanes on two/three lane roads is greatly improved. Id normally use the three clicks when possible but this does improve on that.

• Registered Users Posts: 689 ✭✭✭Mike2006

I have found the opposite with the indicators but maybe I will have to just get used to the new settings.

When indicating your exit off a small roundabout for example, the indicator does not turn off and I have to intervene every time. Before it was indicate for 3 clicks and off itself... The auto cancel on lane change is handy alright but the 3 clicks and cancel was fine for me here too...

• Registered Users Posts: 5,781 ✭✭✭eddhorse

Don't think i'll update to this one

• Registered Users Posts: 2,240 ✭✭✭Boscoirl

Got both Wheels repaired, immaculate job,

€470 for the 2 tyres

€180 for the repair and respray of the 2 wheels (got rid of some kerb rash that was on the wheels previously)

Seriously impressed with the work.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 712 ✭✭✭LeeroyJ.

subjectively Ive felt like it hasn't been great for a few weeks now, but I put it down to cold weather, icy roads and maybe me driving faster as I get used to the handling of it. Hope it didnt change for good. In other news, got mobiletyres.ie to replace a flat tyre today, huge nail in it. Bit of a pain as the car has less than 1000km on it but what can you do. 360 for the short notice callout and replacement tyre. Happy with the job.

• Registered Users Posts: 787 ✭✭✭Zurbaran

I haven’t used the 3 clicks in my short time since I was testing the new way but thought it was still there?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,579 ✭✭✭...Ghost...

That's pretty good value alright. Where did you have it done?

I had a little autopilot incident in my first week where the back wheel clipped the kerb. Damage was very minor, but it being brand, brand new, I wanted it fixed. I was referred to an alloy repair place in Dublin 17 who wanted €130 for the repair. at a fraction of the price quoted, I ordered a metal file and ford grey paint recommended online for the M3 wheels and I did the repair myself. I lightly filed the damaged area smooth and carefully touched up the exposed metal with primer and paint. I couldn't even find the repair when I inspected the rim a couple of days later.

This is the damage before repair.

No point giving an after repair photo, because there is nothing to see.

Stay Free

• Registered Users Posts: 2,240 ✭✭✭Boscoirl

Here is one of the wheels( looked worse in person) similar damage to the other wheel. There was also a kiss like yours on the rear wheel. The wife took the car to a tyre place after it happened and the guy there thought the front wheel atleast was done glad he was wrong 🤣

the guy that fixed it is John Collins based in Ballyneety Co. Limerick. Found him from a search on here.

• Registered Users Posts: 865 ✭✭✭mun1

Came across what looked like a nice Model 3 202 reg embedded in a ditch near Boher, co limerick tonight. Lots of black ice Ouch !

Do you have a link to the materials used please, I have one rash I’d like to clean up

• Registered Users Posts: 3,836 ✭✭✭s8n

• Registered Users Posts: 2,247 ✭✭✭joe1303l

Wow, tyres costing €235 each. Is that normal for a Model 3 or do you have upgraded wheels ?

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 39,131 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gumbo

Not Model 3 specific.

Tyre brand and size dictate pricing. Same for VW, BMW, Audi Skoda etc….

I can pay €88 a tyre (Triangle) for the 20” wheels on my Performance Model 3 or I can pay €300 (Michelin).

Loads of choice in between.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 39,131 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gumbo

And to follow up on the above post, if I buy the same tyres for my BMW ICE car, they are actually more expensive at the lower end but a little cheaper at the top end with an abundance of pricing also in between

So to conclude, no, tyre prices are not specific to the car brand but rather set by the type you choose as a driver.

Advertisement